Only 1 Line?!

MizaniMami

Hey Girlies!

I was thinking about this earlier. Does anyone here use one line of products? Such as exclusively Keracare, Suave, etc. I am the type of person that like order and structure. So when I buy something I must have the matching shampoo and conditioner. But it never works out all together. :cool: Have you found that sticking to one line helps you or do you find mixing and matching works too? TIA

I don't know about that. For a short while, I used the entire motion's line but then i realized that some of the products were crap and smelled bad and switched them out with others.

I think to get the results that they talk about in the advertisements that you have to use the line.

I tried but it was impossible! I used to use straight Motions, but their moisturizer was killing my hair, then the Lavish Shampoo was causing a lot of build up so I started to buy a clarifying shampoo. CON will always be a staple, lol so it's like I just mix and match now to how my hair feels.

I could just use the Nexxus line w/excellent results. The only thing that I really add is my dominican conditioners and oils, I just love them too. :perplexed

I know MaCherie uses the keracare line exclusively...and her hair is beautiful.

I currently am trying to use the Formulas Ecoly Line...almost exclusively. Only products I am using that aren't by them are the Elasta QP Mango Butter and Oil Recovery Moisturizers...becauses Formulas doesn't make any daily moisturizers for use on dry (not wet) hair.

Now I'm a PJ... I don't think I could do this. But if I had to, it would be NTM.

But I was thinking of only using one line per wash. I always mix poos, conditioners, and moisturizers. But I would like to use, for example, all NTM until the next wash, and then maybe Kenra, and so on...

I used nexxus exclusively while relaxed and natural. And I was in search of a new line ... I've tried many but even though they were sold to Alberto I may be going back because my hair is suffering.

I like using one line (I dont even think i need to mention what that line is:lol: ) because it just makes life easier. Its like that one store you can always walk into and everything will always fit great.

The hard part is finding that ONE line that will work for your hair. It took me forever! I think that Nexxus, Mizani, NTM, Mane & Tail, Elucence make really good lines. I also heard good things about Deep Brillance, Design Essentials and Creme of Nature.

Before you buy a whole line tho, try little samples or ask your stylist to use a certain line and ask her to tell you how they react to your hair. I would go and buy a whole big bottle of something only to find it didnt really work for my hair, :ohwell:

I think the key is also allow your hair to get used to the product for a while. Keracare took a while to really work for my hair. It worked ok at first but I stuck with it and it ended up bringing my hair back to life. The only reason I kept using it was because, like a dummy, I bought the whole life without trying it at first and thus was stuck with these huge bottles of product. At the point, I was GONNA make it work;)

macherieamour said:
It worked ok at first but I stuck with it and it ended up bringing my hair back to life. The only reason I kept using it was because, like a dummy, I bought the whole life without trying it at first and thus was stuck with these huge bottles of product. At the point, I was GONNA make it work;)

. . . :lachen:

i use to use the whole nexus line...but now that the formula has been changed, ive been experimenting with other products...

jaded_faerie said:
i use to use the whole nexus line...but now that the formula has been changed, ive been experimenting with other products...

I used to use nothing but Nexxus with good results (not the best I still had a shedding problem going on). But now that I'm all into Aveda, I am falling head over heels for them. I want to use nothing but Aveda products but it's so fun to to experiement:D

babyanjel said:
MizaniMami, you're hair is so shiny! Do you find that there is an "earthy" smell to aveda products?

Thank you! Yes I do find there is a "earthy" smell, but I LOVE it. Smells so good to me. It's either hit or miss for most people.

The bolded part is what alot of us don't realize, sometimes a product may work good for your hair but doesn't show results overnight. With consistency and not jumping all over the place it gradually brings the hair back to life. They say to use a product atleast for 6wks b4 switching to see some results, and some may take as long as 3months. :ohwell: Patience is a virtue.
macherieamour said:
I like using one line (I dont even think i need to mention what that line is:lol: ) because it just makes life easier. Its like that one store you can always walk into and everything will always fit great.

The hard part is finding that ONE line that will work for your hair. It took me forever! I think that Nexxus, Mizani, NTM, Mane & Tail, Elucence make really good lines. I also heard good things about Deep Brillance, Design Essentials and Creme of Nature.

Before you buy a whole line tho, try little samples or ask your stylist to use a certain line and ask her to tell you how they react to your hair. I would go and buy a whole big bottle of something only to find it didnt really work for my hair, :ohwell:

I think the key is also allow your hair to get used to the product for a while. Keracare took a while to really work for my hair. It worked ok at first but I stuck with it and it ended up bringing my hair back to life. The only reason I kept using it was because, like a dummy, I bought the whole life without trying it at first and thus was stuck with these huge bottles of product. At the point, I was GONNA make it work;)

I like mixing and matching.

I have found specific products that work for me and I stick with them.

No, they are not from the same line, but knowing what works keeps my life simple.

I used to try all kinds of products, but it has saved me lots of time and money to just stick with the same products that work.

Like Macherieamour i always stick to keracare, experimenting with other lines in between. i know i can rely on Keracare, and i know if i picked this up back in November 2004 then my hair would be down to ma bum. i was using that dreaded motions (even tho i will still use CPR).

i smell a 1 line challenge

for the ladies that use Keracare where do you purchase it @...i know Walmart supercenter salon has it...but they didnt have everything...do you order it online...what are some of the online stores that has it for a good reasonable prices....another is im not sure what to use...but i want to keep it simple...ive used some Keracare products in the past like the moisturizer with jojoba oil...but i just want to get one shampoo, one conditioner and i think i may still have some of the moisturizer with jojoba oil...any suggestions???

bluediamond0829 said:
for the ladies that use Keracare where do you purchase it @...i know Walmart supercenter salon has it...but they didnt have everything...do you order it online...what are some of the online stores that has it for a good reasonable prices....another is im not sure what to use...but i want to keep it simple...ive used some Keracare products in the past like the moisturizer with jojoba oil...but i just want to get one shampoo, one conditioner and i think i may still have some of the moisturizer with jojoba oil...any suggestions???

www.discount-beauty.com has the best prices and value - especially free shipping with a large order! :D
its also where i get my nexxus emergencee
my siggy says it all about the one line i plan 2 use when i'd done with everything else!

MizaniMami said:
Thank you! Yes I do find there is a "earthy" smell, but I LOVE it. Smells so good to me. It's either hit or miss for most people.

MizaniMami do you mind listing what other products you use other than the Aveda damage remedy line? I am going to the mall this weekend to see if they sell sample sizes *crossing fingers*

tishee said:
MizaniMami do you mind listing what other products you use other than the Aveda damage remedy line? I am going to the mall this weekend to see if they sell sample sizes *crossing fingers*

Sure Tishee. The Damage Remedy line only comes with the poo,con, and treatment. They don't have sample sizes that you can buy but they are willing to give you samples of anything (for free) if you ask. They also do no hassle free returns (with receipt), even if you used something more than once and find it doesn't work for you. Some other things that I have tried from Aveda is:
The Sap Moss line (poo,:( pre-poo,:ohwell: and conditioner:( )
The Brilliant line (poo,:cool: con:cool: , serum,:D styling creme:p , and shine spray:p )
The Deep Penetrating Revitalizer:eek:
Beautifying Composition Oil:p
Elixir Leave-in:eek:
Aveda Detox shampoo (clarifier):D
Damage Remdy (poo:D , con:D , and treatment:D :D )

The only thing that I really like is the beautifying composition oil, Brilliant serum and spray, sap moss pre-poo, Detox, and the Damage Remedy line.

any naturals or transitioners have success with keracare or Design Essentials line?

I had success with Design Essentials a long time ago and was considering going back to them. But Keracare is good too so I kinda wanna try that (never tried the whole line before, only sampels). Design Essentials brought my hair back to life over time, especially the 6 in 1 reconstructor (I like it better than their stimulations conditioner but its hard to find and supposed to be for professionals only). I used it during a time I didnt relax for over 6 months and it worked well.

MizaniMami said:
Sure Tishee. The Damage Remedy line only comes with the poo,con, and treatment. They don't have sample sizes that you can buy but they are willing to give you samples of anything (for free) if you ask. They also do no hassle free returns (with receipt), even if you used something more than once and find it doesn't work for you. Some other things that I have tried from Aveda is:
The Sap Moss line (poo,:( pre-poo,:ohwell: and conditioner:( )
The Brilliant line (poo,:cool: con:cool: , serum,:D styling creme:p , and shine spray:p )
The Deep Penetrating Revitalizer:eek:
Beautifying Composition Oil:p
Elixir Leave-in:eek:
Aveda Detox shampoo (clarifier):D
Damage Remdy (poo:D , con:D , and treatment:D :D )

The only thing that I really like is the beautifying composition oil, Brilliant serum and spray, sap moss pre-poo, Detox, and the Damage Remedy line.

thanks MizaniMami! I will def. ask for samples when I go there.The beautifying composition oil sounds nice....what's in it?

Pretty much... KeraCare... I use thier line but I have oter things I add (MTG, etc) I use thier shampoo, conditioner, oils, heat protectant, etc. The basics :) I love everythign they make.

Back