Only 1 Line?!

I just started using Jane Carter Solution and although I still use Humecto and KeraPhix I love (and use) more of Jane's products than any other line.

Last edited:
I use the NTM line consistantly (poo, con, leave in, serum) with good results. I also really like Kenra and used that entire line consistantly (poo, con, deep con, leave in). I want to try either Mizani or Keracare.

My hair could most certainly be whipped into shape right now. When my hair was shedding and breaking severly years ago, I tried the ORS line when it first came out and my hair did a 360 and then some :eek::eek::eek: :lol::lol::lol:. I used it for several years and it made my hair sooo strong. But I remember it didn't happen overnight, it took a little while for me to see a difference and when I did I didn't even want to try anything else.

So today, I started my Salerm challenge. I just bought the wheat germ conditioner and I used Salerm 21 as my leave in. All I need to get now is the poo, hopefully I will like it, or hopefully my hair will grow to like it :look:. Since joining the board I haven't stuck to any one conditioner consistently, well this is going to be a hard challenge that I am def. going to be up for. In the meantime, If I want a change badly, I will condition with my Kenra IET which is another great moisturizing conditioner.

Wow, my first challenge :grin: .

I started using Elucence about a month ago and my hair really likes this line. I also use Kenra Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner, I have Kenra's Daily Provision leave in, but my hair is always hard after I use that so I just use some of the Conditioner as my leave in.

I am such a PJ it would be hard to choose just one line.
IF I had to choose it would be Keracare or Elucence.

tishee said:
thanks MizaniMami! I will def. ask for samples when I go there.The beautifying composition oil sounds nice....what's in it?

Tishee,
It contains Jojoba oil, extracts of Arnica Montana, Comfrey, Bergamot, Lavender, Rosemary Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and Fragrance.

Britt said:
My hair could most certainly be whipped into shape right now. When my hair was shedding and breaking severly years ago, I tried the ORS line when it first came out and my hair did a 360 and then some :eek::eek::eek: :lol::lol::lol:. I used it for several years and it made my hair sooo strong. But I remember it didn't happen overnight, it took a little while for me to see a difference and when I did I didn't even want to try anything else.
I started using the ORS line last summer and I'm really seeing excellent results this year. My hair is much, much stronger. Now I'm hoping to see improved levels of moisture.

Thats so funny. I was just thinking of ORS today. I think that is gonna be my rotation line. I love Keracare but I need a change everyone in a while. When I used ORS, my hair was soooo strong and healthy. The products are a little heavy so I like to rotate it:)

Leslie_C said:
any naturals or transitioners have success with keracare or Design Essentials line?

I had success with Design Essentials a long time ago and was considering going back to them. But Keracare is good too so I kinda wanna try that (never tried the whole line before, only sampels). Design Essentials brought my hair back to life over time, especially the 6 in 1 reconstructor (I like it better than their stimulations conditioner but its hard to find and supposed to be for professionals only). I used it during a time I didnt relax for over 6 months and it worked well.

I too had success with Design Essentails a long time ago and it worked great on my hair. About 2 days ago I bought the whole line at www.afoxintl.com even the 6 n 1 reconstructor. I am natural now and I hope it works well with my hair becuase it needs some major help.

okay i just picked up my Keracare products today...sticking with this one line for awhile...i think im going to rotate so that i dont use that much and so they can last longer....i brought the oil sheen($6.39), conditioning creme hairdress($8.99), hydrating detangling shampoo($7.02) and the humecto creme conditioner($11.69)...and i think i got like a total of 30% to 40% off or something like that....i think i still have some of the jojoba oil moisturizer...i looked at the ingredients for the Humecto and it has glycerin in it....

where did u get such great prices?
on-line? which site?

bluediamond0829 said:
okay i just picked up my Keracare products today...sticking with this one line for awhile...i think im going to rotate so that i dont use that much and so they can last longer....i brought the oil sheen($6.39), conditioning creme hairdress($8.99), hydrating detangling shampoo($7.02) and the humecto creme conditioner($11.69)...and i think i got like a total of 30% to 40% off or something like that....i think i still have some of the jojoba oil moisturizer...i looked at the ingredients for the Humecto and it has glycerin in it....

bluediamond0829 said:

YAYYYYY! I hopw you like it:) Remember, give it a chance to kick in. May take a wash or two:D

newslady said:
where did u get such great prices?
on-line? which site?

i actually went to a BSS that has been around(7 to 8 years) for awhile and remember them having them and selling the products without having a license...it took me like 45 minutes to get there but i got my products..thats another thing i was debating on too were the prices better online or at the store..i just said whatever and just went on and did it....

macherieamour said:
YAYYYYY! I hopw you like it:) Remember, give it a chance to kick in. May take a wash or two:D

yes i will definetly work this one out...i started out using Keracare products(jojoba oil moisturizer) when i first i was 15 with my first relaxer so i know they work really good and cldnt figure out what was in it that made my hair grow a little faster(also maybe the Humecto conditioner)....and how about im just going thru my drawers of conditioners and found the old old Humecto that was still leftover....but its old though...so i dont know how effective it still is...

OK, I have decided to trim my products and use only one line for the month after I relax and see how it goes. Now my problem is deciding on the line. Either Mizani or Keracare. I'm leaning to towards Mizani.

I just put myself on a 1 line challenge with Keracare. I just ordered the Dry & Ithcy Scalp Moisturizing Shampoo, Humecto Creme Conditioner, Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, Leave - in Conditioner, and Oil Moisturizer With Jojoba Oil. I will order the setting lotion and the silken seal in a couple of weeks. My stylist says that these products are excellent and just like some of the ladies said earlier they are made to compliment each other and are meant to work together and that if I use them consistently they will work.

I really don't use one line of product myself because I just really look for products with certain ingredients in a specific combination for my hair, weather it's cheapos like Suave and Tressame or wallet-busters like Terax and Aveda. And believe me, this “revelation” came after using only 1 line of many brands exclusively including Nexxus, KeraCare, Terax, Cream of Nature, Mane N Tail, Doo Gro, Dudley's, Ion, Suave, L'Oreal, Aveda, Clairol, Pantene, Sebastian’s, Phyto, Verifen, Biolage...OK, let me stop here because I'm scaring myself!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only caveat to just shopping for the right combo of ingredients is that buying products takes me AGES. :eek: :eek: It usually begins with me looking at ingredients on-line before I go shopping, then going to a really good BSS and compare products’ consistency and smell. However, what I do like about this method is I am no longer an impulse buyer. It takes me a couple of weeks just to decide on a moisturizer. And mainly, I only switch products up because I may like another fragrance better. When I really thought about, most of the product just washes out my hair anyway, so it didn’t matter what I used as long as for the short time it’s in my hair it does me right. :D

macherieamour said:
Thats so funny. I was just thinking of ORS today. I think that is gonna be my rotation line. I love Keracare but I need a change everyone in a while. When I used ORS, my hair was soooo strong and healthy. The products are a little heavy so I like to rotate it:)
Regular use of ORS has made my hair much stronger and less prone to breakage. I'm very happy with this line - just need a bit more moisture.

OT: newslady, is that 'Adebesi' from Oz in your avatar? He's the character I loved to hate.

MissBiss said:
OT: newslady, is that 'Adebesi' from Oz in your avatar? He's the character I loved to hate.
Yes, I hear my husband was previously on Oz (never watched the show), but we got engaged and married very shortly after he signed on for Lost. :p:p:p

Back on topic: I'm going to sell a one-time LOT of products (Keraphix, Miss Keys, Garnier Fructis, Aphogee) in the product exchange forum as soon as I get my acct confirmed with Pay Pal (Keep an eye out).
Then I'm going ALL KERACARE, ALL THE TIME!
The ladies who use it hear see great results, I did too when I used it more often, and it smells FAB!

Back