Online dating 101......

Maa Maa omo mti

Ok ladies I've been on a lot of online dating sites, well the basic ones like yahoo, bpm, ID, and bp (back in the day). I have been able to meet some good people. I do have some bad experiences, but nothing that's out of the ordinary, knock on wood. Anyways I would like you ladies to help me with my second journey through bpm. I do believe that there is a possibility to meet the right one, and I am positive that I will.

So right now I got a message from a guy that I've noticed and thought he is good looking. His message reply is how was my weekend, and whether or not I'm interested in a real relationship, if so am I ready to fall in love.

His page does say that it's something he is truly looking for.
How do you respond to that? what does a girl say? :confused:

I tend to question anyone who implies that they are ready to fall in love rigiht away. That is crazy talk. That;s the furthest thing that should be on your mind when you meet someone for the first time. IMHO that smells like desperation. Best of luck

"His message reply is how was my weekend, and whether or not I'm interested in a real relationship, if so am I ready to fall in love."

He sounds kind of desperate and cornyto me. Doesn't he believe in being friends with someone first before committing to a relationship? You can't make yourself automatically fall in love with somebody. Either the attraction is there or it isn't. There's no guarantee that you'll fall in love with him and vice versa. It's not that simple. I'd be cautious with him.

Wow, is there any other stuff missing here? This was the only 2 lines to the message? If so, I would keep it moving because it seems he is rushing things quite a bit, like he's trying to grab at whatever he can out of desperation.

abenyo said:
Ok ladies I've been on a lot of online dating sites, well the basic ones like yahoo, bpm, ID, and bp (back in the day). I have been able to meet some good people. I do have some bad experiences, but nothing that's out of the ordinary, knock on wood. Anyways I would like you ladies to help me with my second journey through bpm. I do believe that there is a possibility to meet the right one, and I am positive that I will.

So right now I got a message from a guy that I've noticed and thought he is good looking. His message reply is how was my weekend, and whether or not I'm interested in a real relationship, if so am I ready to fall in love.

His page does say that it's something he is truly looking for.
How do you respond to that? what does a girl say? :confused:

I was going to start a similiar thread to give tips, warnings, etc...

To answer your question, imagine that you were a man - and a woman you barely knew and hadn't even met asked you the same question, what would you (as a man) do? RUN FOR THE HILLS! (lol) I mean that lightly, in the online meeting world it's one thing to say that you're looking for a serious, long term relationship - but it's a whole 'nother thing to ask every woman you communicate with (trust and believe that is probably his M.O.) if they're ready to fall in love.

He's playing the online casanova and saying what he *thinks* you want to hear.

SummerRain said:
He's playing the online casanova and saying what he *thinks* you want to hear.

ITA.

His response back to you did not sound genuine or heartfelt.......... it was very cliche', and probably a Copy/Pasted generic response that he uses on all the women he contacts on BPM.

Keep on looking girl! There are a lot of other nice guys out there who are sincere and really looking for a woman with whom to develop a friendship and possibly something more in the future, should that be the natural course the relationship takes.

Good luck!!!

Thanks ladies.

I'm definitely cautious about him. I was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt but not to sure now. After I gave him my response he was ready to meet. The red flag went off since I remember the warning flag from one of the board member's post.

here was my reponses to his question:

Hello, my weekend went well, thanks for asking. How was yours?

In regards to your other question: yes I am looking for something serious. I hope to be in a meaningful relationship that will lead somewhere. I also hope that love, trust, honesty and all the other good attributes that make a great relationship is part of what I have with that individual.

hope that answers your question.

Back