One year update!!!(alot of pics)

glamchick84

Okay ladies, here is my yearly update!!! I still don't have a steady regimen or any stable products. But hopefully next year!! I noticed that my hair does better with all natural products vs products promising rapid growth. I am still looking for a good moisturizing DC and reconstructor for shedding!!! As far as protective styling, my braidouts, twistouts, and etc always turn out to be a H.A.M:lachen::lachen::lachen:I just cant get it right!!!! So i'm sticking with my half wigs, wigs, and phony ponies(pre-styled hair works best for me). Thanks ladies of LHCF!!!! I love this site:grin::grin::grin::grin:

P.s what can i use or take to make my hair thicker?
ETA: Do you think its possible to reach apl by dec or am i dreaming? LOL

Sept 2008-Dec 2008

March 2009

8 Month progress(ponytail)

Trim(I only had one trim this year)

June 2009(After Trim)

Oct 2009(texture shot-i think i'm texlaxed)

Oct 2009(13 month progress)

Oct 2009(I flat ironed my hair w/Sedu)

Last edited:
Great progress! From your pics, I don't think you'll be able to make APL by December (it looks like a couple of inches) but that doesn't mean you can't try. Either way, you'll be closer to it.

I am still looking for a good moisturizing DC and reconstructor for shedding!!!

DC's and reconstructors can't do anything for shedding. Nothing can stop shedding because it's a normal part of the life of a hair follicle. People do use garlic and/or caffeine products to try and reduce it, but even that can't stop it completely.

Great progress! From your pics, I don't think you'll be able to make APL by December (it looks like a couple of inches) but that doesn't mean you can't try. Either way, you'll be closer to it.

DC's and reconstructors can't do anything for shedding. Nothing can stop shedding because it's a normal part of the life of a hair follicle. People do use garlic and/or caffeine products to try and reduce it, but even that can't stop it completely.

is DC's and reconstructors used for breakage? because i don't know

is DC's and reconstructors used for breakage? because i don't know

People use both to help avoid breakage and add to the health of their hair. DC's can be used for moisture, strength, or both whereas reconstructors are protein based with moisturizing properties.

Here's a helpful chart about different types of conditioners. It's from www.dralisyed.com.

cond4_figure.jpg

Great progress! I think APL may take a little bit longer to reach than December. But have fun on your journey and who knows, we see some ladies on this forum that have supernatural growth.
Congratulations.

Looking good! Congratulations on your progress. It is so silky and shiny!

Back