one section grows faster than another

caralexis2005

i need advice.. the back part (the kitchen as we would say down south) has twice the newgrowth of the other parts. i want to relax at 5 wks bc of this but i usually wait 8 to 10 weeks. What to do?

Do you apply your own touch ups?
If so, it may not be that tedious to just touch up that one section, If it just going to grow right back again quicker than the rest..
I've done that with a part in my hair that grows sloooower.. in the back.. I clipped it away and didn't relax that part, and just relaxed everything else... by the time I was ready for another touch up, the back part finally attained growth..
(so it's sort of in reverse) HTH

I have that same problem, only it's my front that grows faster. My former stylist use to retouch that area, but now I get a relaxer every 3 to 4 months and I do all of it at the same time. I wish the back would catch up with the front but I do not intend to treat them differently.

If I were you, I think I would try to get relaxers less frequently and treat all the hair the same.

Just my opinion.

I have the same problem but the right side of my hair is growing so fast. I have one long piece of hair that I wish the rest of my hair would catch up to that one piece.

thanks indigo and diamond lady.
indigo- i dont apply my own tups. i'm scurrrred.lol

diamondlady- what products do you use that help you extend the time bw relaxers? also, what is your hair type and length?
thanks

I'm 4A/B. When extending my relaxer I wash every 3-4 days and I use Carolyn Gray's Healthier Hair in a Bottle oil moisturizer or Wild Growth Oil. I also use Aphogee Vitamin Leave-in and Infusium. I air dry. It gets a little tough after 3 months, but I manage to keep my new growth soft. I finger comb more than trying to comb my hair all the way out.

The back of my hair always grow faster than the front.
I usually wait eight to ten weeks before relaxing and I use
profectiv root health to manage my new growth.
I want to make sure I have plenty of newgrowth in the front
of my hair before relaxing so it does not thin out.

yeah i wouldn't relax it either. i would try to not expose my hair to chemicals too frequent. i would suggest using products to keep your kitchen softer and manageable, and just baby it.

Try massaging the section that doesn't grow as fast. I find that the area of my head that I comb or massage the most definately grows faster. I started parting my hair and making sure I got to the middle- and now I'm back on track.

Back