One last question about amla and henna

mj11051

Can I use both in the same day? I'm gonna henna my hair and I really want to keep my curls, so I know amla keeps the hair curly, so I need to know if I can both today.

Yes, but it will be a long day. My recommendation is, prepare your henna ahead of time and freeze it - this actually makes the dye release more intense. When u r ready to use remove and thaw for 8 - 10ish hrs - take it out before going to work or bed. This way when you are ready to do your hair, all you have to worry about is application time (4+ hrs) for the henna and then the Amla, 2+ hrs prep & application time.

HTH

Yes this helps, I'll do put my henna in the freezer today and then thaw it tomorrow, then do amla after wards. Thanks so much.

I make a tea of chamomile and lavender flowers and acv. That's all

If I may suggest, if this is the first time you are hennaing - the basic recipe is henna, full fat plain yogurt, coconut oil, honey & black/green tea. This is the basic recipe that has been used in India for generations. I would recommend trying this first, check your results, and adjust as needed the next time. if you would prefer not to try this recipe, go very easy on the acv - of can be very drying.

Good luck!

Yes, but it will be a long day. My recommendation is, prepare your henna ahead of time and freeze it - this actually makes the dye release more intense. When u r ready to use remove and thaw for 8 - 10ish hrs - take it out before going to work or bed. This way when you are ready to do your hair, all you have to worry about is application time (4+ hrs) for the henna and then the Amla, 2+ hrs prep & application time.

HTH

Interesting! How long have you kept your henna frozen for in the past, like how long does it stay good? Also, what do you put it in? tupperware?

Back