Omigod! I Can See! :)

Blossssom

Some of you may remember quite some time ago that I had problems seeing the smilies! I couldn't see any of them! Most of the avatars were also blank!

But now that I've gotten rid of Norton Security, I can see EVERYTHING! I can see the beautiful Features of the Month!

This is unbelievable! If anyone is having problems with seeing smilies and other pictures, get rid of NORTON! Norton has caused me nothing but trouble! :grin:

Blosssom, I'm so glad you got this problem figured out. I had the same problem myself and it had to do with my Symantec Firewall. Whenever I log on to LHCF, I turn it off for the time being and then turn it back on when I leave the site. I figure LHCF is rather secure anyway. Happy for you!

Cincysweetie said:
Blosssom, I'm so glad you got this problem figured out. I had the same problem myself and it had to do with my Symantec Firewall. Whenever I log on to LHCF, I turn it off for the time being and then turn it back on when I leave the site. I figure LHCF is rather secure anyway. Happy for you!

Thank you, shug! I had no i-DEA!

I had been working with my DSL provider and everything.

Nobody knew what was wrong until the entire Symantec thing went OUT!

Of course, I was on the phone with DSL trying to figure out why I couldn't get on the Internet anymore. It was Norton's fault! F**kers!

I talked to three people before an Indian guy came on the phone and told me what was wrong. My Internet has been running perfectly ever since and when I un-installed Norton completely from my computer, a whole new WORLD at LHCF opened up!

I'm so happy! :)

Blossssom said:
Thank you, shug! I had no i-DEA!

I had been working with my DSL provider and everything.

Nobody knew what was wrong until the entire Symantec thing went OUT!

Of course, I was on the phone with DSL trying to figure out why I couldn't get on the Internet anymore. It was Norton's fault! F**kers!

I talked to three people before an Indian guy came on the phone and told me what was wrong. My Internet has been running perfectly ever since and when I un-installed Norton completely from my computer, a whole new WORLD at LHCF opened up!

I'm so happy!
:)
LOL that's great!!!

I can't see pictures from a lot of threads or smileys, but I'm worried about getting a virus..... I can see smileys from other forums though just not this one. Thanks for letting me know why this is occurring.

rai said:
I can't see pictures from a lot of threads or smileys, but I'm worried about getting a virus..... I can see smileys from other forums though just not this one. Thanks for letting me know why this is occurring.

I have SBC as my ISP. They have their very own virus "fighters". AOL is another ISP that has their own, too. I'm sure other ISPs have protection

I haven't had any problems since disabling Norton.

Thank you, GOD!

Last edited:
Oh Thanks soo much for that info. I was wondering if anyone was going to ever save me w/ a response. I have mcafee so i'm gonna see about closing it while on the forum. When you had this problem was it some pics or all? I can see some but every now and then none . Again Thanks.

Taya said:
Oh Thanks soo much for that info. I was wondering if anyone was going to ever save me w/ a response. I have mcafee so i'm gonna see about closing it while on the forum. When you had this problem was it some pics or all? I can see some but every now and then none . Again Thanks.

You're welcome, Taya.

It took 3 hours of conversing with SBC for us to finally figure out that Norton was doing more than just blocking me from viruses, but blocking me from enjoying all my favorite message boards :)

I haven't had an OUNCE of trouble since I signed up for SBC's online protection. Who KNEW! :)

And it's free! Check with your ISP. They might offer a free service, too. There is nothing like being able to "SEE"! :)

Good luck!

Blossssom said:
Some of you may remember quite some time ago that I had problems seeing the smilies! I couldn't see any of them! Most of the avatars were also blank!

But now that I've gotten rid of Norton Security, I can see EVERYTHING! I can see the beautiful Features of the Month!

This is unbelievable! If anyone is having problems with seeing smilies and other pictures, get rid of NORTON! Norton has caused me nothing but trouble! :grin:
Whew! I had the same problem. I'm glad I'm not alone. I solved this problem about a little over a month ago. What a difference it made. Norton was a nightmare also. LHCF looked like a deserted ghost town.
It wasn't fun at all.:grin: :grin:

High Priestess said:
Whew! I had the same problem. I'm glad I'm not alone. I solved this problem about a little over a month ago. What a difference it made. Norton was a nightmare also. LHCF looked like a deserted ghost town.
It wasn't fun at all.:grin: :grin:

We just had no idea how much we were missing, huh? :)

Yea, I now have SBC On-line Protection.

Blossssom said:
It took 3 hours of conversing with SBC for us to finally figure out that Norton was doing more than just blocking me from viruses, but blocking me from enjoying all my favorite message boards :)

I haven't had an OUNCE of trouble since I signed up for SBC's online protection. Who KNEW! :)

And it's free! Check with your ISP. They might offer a free service, too. There is nothing like being able to "SEE"! :)

Good luck!
Worse yet Blosssom,
I have Earthlink as my ISP, and they never discovered that Norton was causing the problem. I was puzzled for a very long time.

High Priestess said:
Worse yet Blosssom,
I have Earthlink as my ISP, and they never discovered that Norton was causing the problem. I was puzzled for a very long time.

I had to talk on the phone with SBC for over 3 damn hours with one guy. We went through all kinds of exercises to try and figure out why I couldn't get on-line. Eventually, I was able to get a make-shift "Yahoo" going, so I hung up with him. But as soon as I tried to navigate anywhere from the Yahoo homepage, I was booted out!

I called SBC back again almost in tears. I was fortunate enough to get connected to an Indian guy who told me what the problem was and how to fix it. It took 3 minutes! He told me Norton is one of the biggest problems with the Internet!

I was livid and happy all at the same time! :p

I don't know how companies can pay these people all this money, and most of them don't know JACK!

Back