OMG!! ROOT CONTROL ON CLEARANCE AT TARGET FOR $49.99 FREE SHIPPING vs $179.00

:wave:

Hi Ladies!! I am so excited to share this with you..Can you believe this?? I just bought two!! Remember this was featured on Trya Banks? It is amazing and is a great tool for stretchers. Hurry up and get yours -- Free Shipping here:

http://www.target.com/Session-Contr...mbrowse=0&index=target&rh=k:r.sessions&page=1

See Tyra Clip (Its at the very end - fast forward to 5:45 seconds):
http://www.rsessiontools.com/press.php

This iron focuses on getting your roots straight only. (I know many of us including myself avoid direct heat like the plague but I could not pass on this one.

Its perfect for airdrying your hair, using the iron only on your roots and then following up with caruso steam rollers.

Its perfect for getting the bends out of roller sets without killing your beautiful curls. The teeth on the iron really get down to the roots and give a nice straightening.

Ladies who BKT -- its temp controlled and goes up to 430 degres...for thoes who only touch up their roots with BKT THIS IS PERFECT (I read in a salon magazine that you really need 430 not 450 degrees for BKT processing)

Its different from a hot comb because the teeth do not heat up. Instead, they provide grip to get to roots. Its not like a flat iron because the heat is only applied to a concentrated area of your hair if desired :yay:

Good Luck!

Best - Serenity

Last edited:
Wow, this is amazing. I am scared to try it though, please let me know how it is working out for you. Thanks

So Far its great -- I only use it on my strong roots that have not been relaxed and always with a heat protector. I am highly against any direct heat touching my relaxed hair.

There are four temps that you can set it to ranging from 250 - 430 so I feel I have plenty of control with it.

It gets my kitchen really nicely.

Earlier this month i bought one of these from ulta for $35:perplexed
I returned it though,but they were on closeout:yep:

Ulta also has 'em for $50 - online.

Just ordered mine off Ulta. It was 49.99, so I had to spend a little more to get free shpg. Ordered a cosmetic bag, which I really needed. If one uses code CJ30OFF1 you can get 30% off the Root Control item and get a few more items to reach $50 for free shpg. Hope that makes sense.

I'm glad you posted that link to the Tyra show. I couldn't picture in my mind how it worked. Now the PJ in me has got me salivating over this tool. I've gotta have it!

Just ordered one!! Thanks so much for the post!! This will come in handy since I'm having surgery and I can stretch until I'm able to relax!!

Last edited:
I bought an iron that looks just like that, its the babyliss version. Got it on Amazon for $29.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001T0HHCE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

That guy on the Tyra show made that look too easy.. It looks so easy when you do it on another person's head, but you try using it your self on your own head. Its aggravating at first, and time consuming (even if I just did the front) .. I guess because the scalp has so much surface

omg thank you! I totally caved and ordered! I use the instyler on my hair, but with the barrel size it's hard to get at new growth, especially around the crown of my head. I've gotten burned trying!

Hi Ladies!! I am so excited to share this with you..Can you believe this?? I just bought two!! Remember this was featured on Trya Banks? It is amazing and is a great tool for stretchers. Hurry up and get yours -- Free Shipping here:

http://www.target.com/Session-Contr...mbrowse=0&index=target&rh=k:r.sessions&page=1

This iron focuses on getting your roots straight only. (I know many of us including myself avoid direct heat like the plague but I could not pass on this one.

Its perfect for airdrying your hair, using the iron only on your roots and then following up with caruso steam rollers.

Its perfect for getting the bends out of roller sets without killing your beautiful curls. The teeth on the iron really get down to the roots and give a nice straightening.

Ladies who BKT -- its temp controlled and goes up to 430 degres...for thoes who only touch up their roots with BKT THIS IS PERFECT (I read in a salon magazine that you really need 430 not 450 degrees for BKT processing)

Its different from a hot comb because the teeth do not heat up. Instead, they provide grip to get to roots. Its not like a flat iron because the heat is only applied to a concentrated area of your hair if desired :yay:

Good Luck!

Best - Serenity
Girllllllllllll.....where have you been? I haven't seen you in a minute. It's so good to see you. :kiss:

Hot dog! This will really come in handy when I start roller setting and silk wrapping for straight hair. I had the babyliss version but I like that this one is ceramic. I had already given my babyliss away.

Thanks for the tip...I went into Ulta and got this handy tool tonight. I have been wanting one for a while now but the price was just too steep...Thanks!

Good Luck!

Best - Serenity

Thanks for the post. Im thinking of going to pick this up tomorrow however I am little concerned with the thin teeth of the comb. One of the reviewers of the babyliss pro version of this said it pulled her hair out and she had to stop using it. Im wondering if the same thing will happen with this one.

I read this is only available online. Mine was shipped out today; I just received my tracking info. I also ordered some Kimble Replenish Oil Drops. The good thing is if it doesn't work, it can always be returned!!

Paid $179 for this. Used it twice and stopped. It took my hair out. The teeth are not wide enough for my roots.

How far apart are the teeth? I have the Edgestick version of this. I couldn't use it because the teeth were too close together. It kept pulling my hair out.

Paid $179 for this. Used it twice and stopped. It took my hair out. The teeth are not wide enough for my roots.

That's what I was worried about. Has any thought about investing in a good hot comb and using the back of the comb to glide over your roots if the teeth are to close. Kind o using it to iron the root out. I've done this with curling irons in the past and it has worked pretty good

Mine arrived a few days ago, probably gonna test it out tomorrow. My roots aren't too bad right now. I'll try to remember to report back :)

Back