OMG Regrowth from hell! HELP!

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
OMG!!!

I just had a cornrow session from hell, my cousin was doing it and it hurt soooooooooo bad!! I think i've got scab hair, the regrowth was just tough and tight and brittle! AT least I can see my scalp now, so I was going to apply my spritz to it (contains coconut oil, castor oil and motion oil 9 with water)

Will this help at all? I just can't believe it, I didn't know my roots were so bad!

Any other advice for me?! For those who don't know, i'm transitioning from a wave nouveau, i'll post pics later.

P.S my cousin was getting really annoyed, she had to part my hair with the end of a tail comb - one comb snapped in two!!
lachen70.gif
ohwell.gif

x

Thanx for replying, yes, this is what I think it may be.

I washed it on Sunday, other than that, i've been apply my spritz, my WGO/Coconut Oil/castor oil concoction, and a little activator.

When I massaged my scalp, there was always oil on my fingers, so I just don't understand why it was so tough.

x

I think this might help, run room temp H20 over your hair or soak a towel in warm h20 and wrap it around your head, it should loosen up the tightness...as for the scabs I think you might have to wait it out or take out the braids, if you wait it out but some essential oils directly on it or some vitamin E. Good luck girl, tell me how it goes.

BTW check out this site she may have some tips www.growafrohairlong.com

[ QUOTE ]
CharUK said:
Thanx for replying, yes, this is what I think it may be.

I washed it on Sunday, other than that, i've been apply my spritz, my WGO/Coconut Oil/castor oil concoction, and a little activator.

When I massaged my scalp, there was always oil on my fingers, so I just don't understand why it was so tough.

x

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I had newgrowth with my relaxer and I used castor oil on it, the oil would suck all the moisture out of my hair and make it tangly to boot!
mad.gif
So, next time just do a con-wash with a conditioner that has good slip and put no oil on it. If you need to moisturize your hair I recommend shea butter.
smile.gif

HTH

Thanx guys.

I just can't believe the oil is the problem, I thought I was onto a winner with all these posts recommending it?

Maybe I got it wrong? I don't know.

I'll do a few things you suggested, and i'll start using the glycerin I purchased.

Thanks a lot!
x

Char, while the oil is good, I find that when I use it alone on the new growth, I have oily, yet hard new growth. For me, the curl activator, specifically S-curl, softens up the hair a lot. I then follow that up with some oil to seal in the moisture. Oh, lest I forget, I am sure to use a moisturizing conditioner like Pantene Relaxed and Naturals, Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner or my Keracare Humecto. Even after my hair has pretty much absorbed the activator, I go back and gingerly part my hair, spraying the new growth with the S-curl.
smile.gif

Thanx for the tip, it sounds like I was getting too carried away with the oil!
ohwell.gif
I'm going to try what you suggested, as I don't actually own a moisturizing conditioner.

I have activator though.

Thanks!

x

Thank you, I have coconut oil in my concoction, but maybe the other oils are preventing it from doing it's job?

I think for new growth it's best to use another type of moisturizer- like a cream/butter. Oils only lock in moisture not add to it, otherwise it just sits on your hair and makes it oily.

I had no idea this happened! I'm definitely going to purchase a moisturizer, any ideas which kind of ones? I've heard mango butter is good, but it's quite pricey over here.

Back