OMG my hair is actually growing- yay!

SelfStyled

I have never ever created a progress thread cause I never really had any:look:- that is until this year. I am so excited I had to share to give the other short haired ladies on the board some inspiration.

In March I had to cut my hair into a short bob, because of a corrective relaxer gone wrong at the salon. I have since taken matters into my own hands and have become totally - SelfStyled, ha, ha, ha. I have been on the grind since March 08 and have finally found the right regimen and products for me. Here are my results.

I just wanted to add some right side pictures because this is the weaker shorter growing side

Mar
marchright.jpg

Dec
decright.jpg

I am so proud of my progress. When I was diagnosed with female pattern baldness 2 years ago, I never gave up hope and I knew that I would find a a way to restore my hair. God is good.

Last edited:
I'm happy for you! I'll be glad when i can post. I'm 3 months into my LHCF journey and i feel like i've made no progress.

OMG- Thank you so much Ladies! I could cry right now. This hair thing had been a battle for me. But I am slowly but surely finding my way.

My Reggie-
Co washing every 2-3 days, with Hair One or Victoria's so Sexy or whatever I am feeling at the moment.

I use poo weekly Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or Cream of Nature( red label or green label)

On alternate weeks I shampoo with ORS Aloe shampoo. I clarify monthly with Nexus Aloe Rid.

DC once a week with heat, usually Silicon Mix or Aubrey's HSR.

After the Cowash, I apply Ovation Cell Therapy on my scalp only, put on leave in, usually the Sunsilk Captivating Curls(green bottle) or Hair One -Jojoba. I then seal in the moisture with Sabino Moisture Block, put on a silk scarf, and get under my bonnet dryer for 30 min on low.

At this point my hair is a little damp still- but I am good to go.

I moisturize 1-2 times daily, and seal with oil at least once daily. I seal with Olive Oil or Carrott Oil.

I always tie my hair up with a silk scarf at night for bed.

I don't brush and mostly finger comb. I will do a good detangle with a shower comb like twice a week.

Protein treatments are light, Aphogee 2 min reconstructor once a month

Growth aides: OCT or An MT mix with Donna Marie growth oil

Hang in there Heyfranz and take pictures- cause pictues don't lie.

Wow! Great progress!!! Congratulations! And good for you for not giving up! :yay:

I know how good you feel to actually see progress because when I look at all of the beautiful heads of hair here on lhcf I feel so good when I take pics and see good progress so with that said, CONGRATS TO YOUR PROGRESS!

OMG- Thank you so much Ladies! I could cry right now. This hair thing had been a battle for me. But I am slowly but surely finding my way.

My Reggie-
Co washing every 2-3 days, with Hair One or Victoria's so Sexy or whatever I am feeling at the moment.

I use poo weekly Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or Cream of Nature( red label or green label)

On alternate weeks I shampoo with ORS Aloe shampoo. I clarify monthly with Nexus Aloe Rid.

DC once a week with heat, usually Silicon Mix or Aubrey's HSR.

After the Cowash, I apply Ovation Cell Therapy on my scalp only, put on leave in, usually the Sunsilk Captivating Curls(green bottle) or Hair One -Jojoba. I then seal in the moisture with Sabino Moisture Block, put on a silk scarf, and get under my bonnet dryer for 30 min on low.

At this point my hair is a little damp still- but I am good to go.

I moisturize 1-2 times daily, and seal with oil at least once daily. I seal with Olive Oil or Carrott Oil.

I always tie my hair up with a silk scarf at night for bed.

I don't brush and mostly finger comb. I will do a good detangle with a shower comb like twice a week.

Protein treatments are light, Aphogee 2 min reconstructor once a month

Growth aides: OCT or An MT mix with Donna Marie growth oil

Hang in there Heyfranz and take pictures- cause pictues don't lie.

In regards to the bolded. I just recently orderd some OCT. I see you let it stay on your scalp. Do it bother your scalp from not washing it out? Also have you notice any extra shedding?

I see your hair is growing while you using it, but Im just curious. TIA:grin:

Congratulations! Your hair looks great. What is Donna Marie growth oil?

I stay talking about this oil. I.LOVE.IT. This is an infused oil that is an infused oil of castor, nettle, orange oil- it is similar to the MoeGro oil.

Here is an ecxerpt from the website:

Looking for an all natural formula that helps your hair grow? Look no futher! The Goddess Growth Remedy is the solution to long, healthy, flowing tendrils. This Herbal infusion of handpicked, hair loving herbs including Hibiscus, Rosemary, Rose, Horsetail, and Nettles has helped prevent hair loss and promote healthy hair growth. This product is pure and now 100% natural allowing only the 'good stuff' to penetrate your hair!

FYI this oil now has been reformulated since I first bought last Aug to have Hempseed oil, Wheatgerm oil, olive oil, replace the castor oil here is the website that you can order it from- it's only $12 a bottle and I thought that was cheaper than me buying all the ingredients one by one.

You can buy it here:
http://beautybydonnamarie.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12

Last edited:
In regards to the bolded. I just recently orderd some OCT. I see you let it stay on your scalp. Do it bother your scalp from not washing it out? Also have you notice any extra shedding?

I see your hair is growing while you using it, but Im just curious. TIA:grin:

It does not bother my scalp at all. I never had the itchies, tinglies that I have heard others report. It increased my growth rate and helped to thicken my hair. I used to be an excessive shedder and the OCT was the one product that dramatically reduced my shedding.

great progress girl! im so happy for you! i think your hair is similar to mine.

i just started taking my hair care in my own hands and i hope to make progress like yours.

Back