OMG! look at her hair!!!

I weep for her edges.... those look really tight!

What edges? They'll be gone in no time! :lachen:

Her hair does look cute though.

You know when you go to the Africans, you have to ask them not to braid so tight. It will still be tight; but not as tight. By the time the hair loosens up, your edges will have broken off. :sad:

i want these, thanks for the info on the hair. the only problem i ever have is separating the hair to make them all the same size -- my experience is with kinky twist hair, which comes pre-separated.

I was going through google images and I came across this photo( It would be hillarious if it was one of you ladies on this board):grin:. I was looking for different hair styles and I'm also thinking of doing kinky twists. I've seen this kind of twist rarely on women... It's cute, and classy. Not like the regular kinky twists I see all the time. Do any of you know what kind of hair I can use to achieve this look?

This type of style is generally done with synthetic hair. The synthetic is blown dried to smooth it out and stretch it. They start the top with a regular braid stitch, and then twists the 2 strands btwn their index & thumb and then twists the two strands together (2 strand twists). Then seal the ends with a lighter.

I love this style. I seen it done at an air port and searched for some one to do them. Not many braiders in my area do them. I found one who was willing to experiment and she used human hair. She knotted them like 4 times (double knot) the first time i had it done with wet and wavy. It was good. Then i had yaky straight it was bad. They would unravel. So don't use straight human hair.

But i want to try it wit synthetic. How many packs do they use? And how much are you all paying?

i got these done when i was in back home in zimbabwe.....

two guys did them and i was on the verge of tears when they were doing them......

IT WAS PAINFULL LIKE NOTHING I HAVE EXPERIENCED BEFORE ON MY HAIR!!!! :pullhair:

they are really beautiful but i will not be getting them EVER.....especially not after all that i have learnt on this board....

Back