OMG! look at her hair!!!

bellebebe

I was going through google images and I came across this photo( It would be hillarious if it was one of you ladies on this board):grin:. I was looking for different hair styles and I'm also thinking of doing kinky twists. I've seen this kind of twist rarely on women... It's cute, and classy. Not like the regular kinky twists I see all the time. Do any of you know what kind of hair I can use to achieve this look?
senegalese1.JPG

Her hair looks nice. I wish I could see her ends to make sure I know what kind of weave it is......

Last edited:
I'm gonna do my hair like that lol. I'm gonna show this photo to the hair store workers and they better have that hair lol

These are Senegalese twists and any braiding salon should be able to do this hairstyle. I think they use kanekelon hair.

These are Senegalese twists and any braiding salon should be able to do this hairstyle. I think they use kanekelon hair.

Yup :yep: I use to wear these alot in school. They are really, really cute but these along with my micros broke my edges off.

Dang.. My lil butt is happy as heck!!! I've found my next hair style. YUPPPIII!!!!!! Thanks sooooooo much ladies. I'm gonna do it myself. I think it should take me two days if I want it to look good. lol

Thanks for posting that pic. The salon is *kinda* near me. The problem is that I do not trust anyone to braid/cornrow my hair so I do it myself. I'll have to learn how to do twists with additional hair. Very pretty.

Belle when you get them make sure that itsy bitsy pieces of hair around your edges and don't put them in a tight ponytail like most people do unless you want to declare war against your edges. They can use both the kanekalon or the pony wgich i think would look much better. But these hair are much heavier than yours which makes it very easy to pull your edges out. Nice style though.

LADIES PLEASE BEWARE!!!!
I used to wear this style and it is very beautiful, I'm a braider so I can tell you that you must be very careful of whom you allow to do this on your hair. If you do not have bionic hair and edges... well :nono: is all I can say. This technique requires twisting the strands (2) individually while simultaneously twisting them around eachother that's how you get the rope look. It can do a real number on your weak areas. So please be careful :nono:

BC,
HTH

I wore my hair like this a couple of times in 2004 while I was transitioning. Here's a pic...

I left them up for 3 weeks (I get bored quick) but I moisturized like crazy the entire time. The lady who did it used synthetic hair that she said she "pre-treated for 24 hours to remove the chemicals". :ohwell:

Anyway, no problems with my edges/ hair after taking them out.

Attachments

• April 23 - TwistExtB.jpg
    April 23 - TwistExtB.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 55
I've had these and the sneaky braid people used synthetic instead of human hair like I had asked. I'd def. say go with human hair; synthetic hair tends to look thick and blunt with the ends left out. Human hair is a lot more natural looking and not as much weight on your real hair IMO

This is the exact same pic I printed out and took to my braider last year. My twist came out beautiful.

380665742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

254006742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

254006742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

939027759111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

ETA: Oh, and I used the regular old Dana Cali (which I know think they changed the name to Bobbi Boss) Kanekalon (sp :look:) braiding hair. :yep:

Last edited:
I wore my hair like this a couple of times in 2004 while I was transitioning. Here's a pic...

I left them up for 3 weeks (I get bored quick) but I moisturized like crazy the entire time. The lady who did it used synthetic hair that she said she "pre-treated for 24 hours to remove the chemicals". :ohwell:

Anyway, no problems with my edges/ hair after taking them out.

Your hair is beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen anyone's texture look so much like mine as it did when I was natural. It looks soooo similar the thought of it literally brought tears to my eyes. Lol I feel like this supports my SO when he says I have a hair problem. :lachen: But anyway I love your hair. It makes me miss mine. :drunk:

Can you wash the kanekalon hair and not have it unravel?? Just wondering. Nice twist though

Yes, you can...they either burn the ends or dip them in boiling water to seal the ends. Also, each strand is rolled before the two strands are twisted together as they go along, this is what really keeps it from unraveling.
It's been a popular braidstyle in the DC area for years.

It's actually really easy to do, I'll try to make a tutorial for those who may want to try it themselves.

I did my own little bootleg version a few weeks back, didn't make them that small though

Attachments

• 29-vi.jpg
    29-vi.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 32-vi.jpg
    32-vi.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 32
Your hair is beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen anyone's texture look so much like mine as it did when I was natural. It looks soooo similar the thought of it literally brought tears to my eyes. Lol I feel like this supports my SO when he says I have a hair problem. :lachen: But anyway I love your hair. It makes me miss mine. :drunk:

Thanks so much! So you were the one in hiding while I was hunting for a hair twin?!

I was going through google images and I came across this photo( It would be hillarious if it was one of you ladies on this board):grin:. I was looking for different hair styles and I'm also thinking of doing kinky twists. I've seen this kind of twist rarely on women... It's cute, and classy. Not like the regular kinky twists I see all the time. Do any of you know what kind of hair I can use to achieve this look?
senegalese1.JPG

What's funny is that I was googling images for these twists and this post came up! Did you ge them?

Back