OMG!!!!! Help, I think I did this wrong!!!!

indarican

Ok I just got finished using aphogee two step protien treatment followed by a keracare deep condition and my hair is not moving. I followed the directions... Kept it in and didn't touch it... I did everything... I'm freaking out. Help please!!!

DC overnight. This happened to my lil sis when she used it too. That must be one kick a$$ protein

I needed this app!!!

I recently experienced some aphogee 2step challenges where it protein overloaded my hair. Make sure you DC really good with a good moisturizing condish or you might experience breakage because of the hair being too overloaded with protein.

Your just suppose to rinse it out. I usually do it in the shower for about 5-10 minutes. I normally follow up with ApHogee's Balancing Moisturizer. That usually brings it back. Just use the Keracare again with heat if possible. Don't try to comb it until it becomes soft and smooth again!!!!

yes, keep moisturizing. Do you have another extremely moisturizing condish? (read the ingredients, make sure there are no proteins/very few proteins in it) and use that too. Keep it in overnight if you have to.

I would overnight DC with a moisture condish. And do it again every 3 days until my hair got back to where I need it to be. Low manipulation also until its moisture is restored. IMHO.

I would definitely dc overnight or at least for a few hours. Protein overload has to be hit with moisture hard

I needed this app!!!

ladies im on deep conditioner number 4.... my hair is coming out in mini clumps... about 50 full strands.... comb still not going through....im sooo upset right now.

awwww. ok, so tell us EXACTLY what you did step by step.

1. did you detangle your hair prior to washing it?
2. did you wash it with aphogee shampoo before applying the protein?
3. did you use the moisture step by aphogee after rinsing the protein?
4. how much natural hair do you have or are you fully natural? are the relaxed ends tangled also?

ladies im on deep conditioner number 4.... my hair is coming out in mini clumps... about 50 full strands.... comb still not going through....im sooo upset right now.

First of all, drop the comb. The last thing you want to try to do with helmet hair is comb it.

Aphoghee is a serious protein treatment. I'm natural and used it once and my hair was completely dreadful until I did a moisturizing DC overnight. I used two different cholesterols and mixed in a Curl Junkie DC, castor oil, and warm coconut oil and I was fine after that.

So I'd hop back in the shower, rinse again for several minutes and then slather on moisturizing DC in mass quantities and leave it in overnight if I were you.

Sounds like you are protein sensitive, as am I. That was my first and last time using Aphoghee because it is no joke.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I would wash my hair with a chelating shampoo and then dc again. Question was your hair damaged before the two step?

I needed this app!!!

First of all, drop the comb. The last thing you want to try to do with helmet hair is comb it.

Aphoghee is a serious protein treatment. I'm natural and used it once and my hair was completely dreadful until I did a moisturizing DC overnight. I used two different cholesterols and mixed in a Curl Junkie DC, castor oil, and warm coconut oil and I was fine after that.

So I'd hop back in the shower, rinse again for several minutes and then slather on moisturizing DC in mass quantities and leave it in overnight if I were you.

Sounds like you are protein sensitive, as am I. That was my first and last time using Aphoghee because it is no joke.

I was thinking that too about protein sensitivity. I'm not natural, but if I understand correctly, naturals don't need as much protein because their hair hasn't been damaged by relaxers, etc. The hair is already in tact for the most part and protein just weighs it down. is that right?

I was thinking that too about protein sensitivity. I'm not natural, but if I understand correctly, naturals don't need as much protein because their hair hasn't been damaged by relaxers, etc. The hair is already in tact for the most part and protein just weighs it down. is that right?

Yeah your right. Unless your hair has undergone serious or continuous manipulations there is no need to use such a hard protein. I only use protein if i see breakage and i use the 2min keratin.

Oh and check the ingredients on your dcs. Even moisturizing dcs have some proteins in them sometimes. And that might just be making the problem worse.

I needed this app!!!

correct :yep:

Yeah your right. Unless your hair has undergone serious or continuous manipulations there is no need to use such a hard protein. I only use protein if i see breakage and i use the 2min keratin.

Oh and check the ingredients on your dcs. Even moisturizing dcs have some proteins in them sometimes. And that might just be making the problem worse.

I needed this app!!!

ooo, that is true. and with all the back to back washing, that's just stripping and drying your hair too. I'd def find a DC specific to moisture and just leave it in, overnight, or all day.

Even if you make your own DC.

I'm so scared for your hair. I hope this doesn't set you back much

Did you use the balancing moisturizer afterwards? The two step treatment comes with two products that are fomulated to work together. I would suggest that you drop whatever you are using and use the balancing moisturizer.

1. BREATHE!

2. Stop repeating the dc and then combing it. Decide if you are going to dc overnight or if you are going to try to style your hair right now.

2a If you are dcing overnight put your conditioner in, slap your cap on and go watch a movie, catch up on emails or whatever you might have to do to keep your hands out of your hair. Whatever has happened is done and you've already started on the path of protein overload correction so there is no need to keep torturing yourself with what ifs.

2b If you are going to attempt to style your hair I would suggest a braid out that you finger comb. Again, something simple that will keep you from combing your hair in its current state. Use your leave-in(s), set it and forget it.

3 ***HUGS*** You have received excellent advice from the ladies here and your hair will recover. It may not happen today but it will happen.

Ditto on the hugss :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I really hope that you do not experience a great setback, even if you did, please realize as much as it may hurt it is not the end of the world and you can recover from this.

That does it! I will never use the two step, I will just continue to leave the two minute treatment on overnight like I do now, and dc afterward. So far, I have been ok with using it this way.

awwww. ok, so tell us EXACTLY what you did step by step.

HeChangedMyName
1. did you detangle your hair prior to washing it? i did
2. did you wash it with aphogee shampoo before applying the protein? i washed with a different clarifying shampoo... i didnt have the aphogee
3. did you use the moisture step by aphogee after rinsing the protein?
i dc'd with kercare dc first, then again over night, then the aphogee balancing moisturizer 30 mins, then elasta qp dpr 11 30 mins, then keracare dc again couple hours, now im on ORS Replenishing, im only using this because this is the only thing that softened my hair before.
4. how much natural hair do you have or are you fully natural? are the relaxed ends tangled also?
i just started my transition 3months ago... its my relaxed ends that wont budge.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I would wash my hair with a chelating shampoo and then dc again. Question was your hair damaged before the two step?LuvlyRain3
very damaged, and breaking like crazy which is why i chose the protien treatment.

I needed this app!!!

I needed this app!!!

This sucks so bad... i wish i never did this...SMDH!!

1. BREATHE!

2. Stop repeating the dc and then combing it. Decide if you are going to dc overnight or if you are going to try to style your hair right now.

2a If you are dcing overnight put your conditioner in, slap your cap on and go watch a movie, catch up on emails or whatever you might have to do to keep your hands out of your hair. Whatever has happened is done and you've already started on the path of protein overload correction so there is no need to keep torturing yourself with what ifs.

2b If you are going to attempt to style your hair I would suggest a braid out that you finger comb. Again, something simple that will keep you from combing your hair in its current state. Use your leave-in(s), set it and forget it.

3 ***HUGS*** You have received excellent advice from the ladies here and your hair will recover. It may not happen today but it will happen.

I did the Dc over night... i didnt help much as far as styling... i got my hair into a bun this morning without having to comb the inside of my hair...its like my hair is velcro... i detangle and as soon as the comb slips through its tangled again and very very hard. also i have been using a shower pik not a regular comb.

I did the Dc over night... i didnt help much as far as styling... i got my hair into a bun this morning without having to comb the inside of my hair...its like my hair is velcro... i detangle and as soon as the comb slips through its tangled again and very very hard. also i have been using a shower pik not a regular comb.

Your hair need to be balanced. The DC you used was not formulated to work in conjuction with the step 1 of the protein treatment. You NEED to use the balancing moisturizer. I've used this system twice (I'm extremely protein sensitive at times) and it says that you have to follow it as instructed.

I'm natural too, and my hair needs protein....but not often, and definitely not a heavy one. I check to see if my breakage is due to lack of moisture or lack of protein. To check which breakage you might have before you do any major conditioning: Pull out a strand. Wet it. Pull it at both ends. If it stretches a little (a normal stretch)then breaks...you need no treatment. If it stretches overly long and finally breaks after what seems like a long stretch, you need protein. If it snaps right away and seems brittle and fragile even before it got wet, you need moisture...lots of it.

The ladies here gave you good advice.

Moisture, moisture, moisture!!! Good luck and keep us updated. *hugs*

Christi

Back