OMG! HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS TUTORIAL?!

Its like a hot pan and putting water in it, it steams

Ive done wet-to-dry- presses for years

it aint doin nothin bad to the hair

just the noise of heat hitting water

Girl, I know this is an older post but my cousin's thinking of this. I saw your damp to pressed tutorial. What's this about boiling water in the hairshaft causing it to split? You've had no damage???

Girl, I know this is an older post but my cousin's thinking of this. I saw your damp to pressed tutorial. What's this about boiling water in the hairshaft causing it to split? You've had no damage???
I dont see what the problem is.

Maxiglide does the same thing with the steam burst and no one has reported any damage.

I think its just the spooky sound of the hiss that scares people.

That steam is the truth!!

No girl , no damage, u saw the vids

I dont know whats up with what they say about that, because I just dont see it

Wow...that's crazy...I posted a video of hair growth oil under it:look:....she's gonna need it after her hair falls out from the constant frying:ohwell:

I've never understood wet to dry flat ironing. It just doesn't seem logical that you can do this on a regular basis without any damage. If water boils at 100 degrees, what the hell would possess a person to think using an iron 3-4 times that temperature on wet hair is a good idea, even in theory??? I just don't get it, and to be honest I'm not trying to. To each their own on this one.

ETA: I'll be the first person to lose their $hit laughing when ppls hair decides it's over being steam burnt and pops, locs, and drops into the sink while combing. :lachen:

Last edited:
I dont see what the problem is.

Maxiglide does the same thing with the steam burst and no one has reported any damage.

I think its just the spooky sound of the hiss that scares people.

That steam is the truth!!

come to think of it all the years on the hair boards I aint never seen a steam damage report, not a one.....I been doing this for years .......soooo

for the poster waiting to laugh, u might be waiting a long long time:ohwell:

the water doesnt boil, the water cools of the tool , while the heat evaporates the water:yep:

like steam dont burn clothing when ironing, like a hot pan dont stay hot when water is added , it immediately cools it off etc etc etc etc :spinning:

Hey I'm not against steam. I have a hair steamer that I damn near live under. But your not gonna convince me that steaming my hair to penetrate products and using a hot flat iron to dry and straighten my wet hair are the same...they're aren't even almost the same. To each their own as I said before.

Hey I'm not against steam. I have a hair steamer that I damn near live under. But your not gonna convince me that steaming my hair to penetrate products and using a hot flat iron to dry and straighten my wet hair are the same...they're aren't even almost the same. To each their own as I said before.
Thats cool.

I just wanted to know what you thought the difference was. :ohwell:

And of course, as the old mantra goes, to each her own.

Keratin Infusion treatment uses steam and it actually repairs damage. So....????? Caruso steam rollers, heating the hair under a hooded dryer...steam evaporating. I do know that the Kyoseki "sound" is scary.

Its like a hot pan and putting water in it, it steams

Ive done wet-to-dry- presses for years

it aint doin nothin bad to the hair

just the noise of heat hitting water

ITA... The only thing that pressing my wet hair destroyed is my pressing comb... it just stopped getting hot :perplexed, Maybe cause its older then me. Loll.

Hold your hand over a kettle opening the next time it whistles, then tell me again about steam not burning.

yeah if your holding it there, not passing it by, like a flat iron/press

if I pass my hand by it will be fine, in fact if I hold my face over steam at the right distance it has benefit

my skin would be burnt up by the shower steam too by now, since I AM standing in it

direct dripping boiling water on skin will burn, and hurt because the skin has nerve endings, but passing a hot tool on your wet hair , has no chance to burn

I am telling you from experience and lots of it, that the water actually just cools the tool-its not theory, its a fact

No one is arguing that water cools anything hot, that's just common sense.

No one is saying steaming your hair and face/skin properly will burn you. I'm an esthetician, I know of the benefits of steam :yep:

I'm saying there is a clear difference between exposing hair to steam, and cause your hair to emit steam.

You all have made some valid points in your support of "Steam-isha"...I guess the fact that she is using a flat iron to dry her hair baffles me:ohwell:...Im not against flat ironing (because I do love my Sedu:rolleyes:) but when do we call it abuse? I mean no disrespect when I say this,but she should have purchase the maxiglide and applie steam the "proper" way...IDK,maybe the crackling sound got to me...I was actually scared for her hair:lachen:

No one is arguing that water cools anything hot, that's just common sense.

No one is saying steaming your hair and face/skin properly will burn you. I'm an esthetician, I know of the benefits of steam :yep:

I'm saying there is a clear difference between exposing hair to steam, and cause your hair to emit steam.

well after years of doing this the ONLY things its done for me is help me retain moisture and given me the bomb presses

it only emits steam because the action of heat coming in contact with water

heat on dry parched hair is far worse IMO

my hair has only benefitted and so have others

so in the end like you said, to each their own

I wont ever do a dry press again

You all have made some valid points in your support of "Steam-isha"...I guess the fact that she is using a flat iron to dry her hair baffles me:ohwell:...Im not against flat ironing (because I do love my Sedu:rolleyes:) but when do we call it abuse? I mean no disrespect when I say this,but she should have purchase the maxiglide and applie steam the "proper" way...IDK,maybe the crackling sound got to me...I was actually scared for her hair:lachen:

That video was an extreme and bad example IMO

Her flat Iron was too hot and her hair too wet, so you hear more of the sizzling, just gets hot faster and dries faster, at that higher heat range, sometimes I will hit my hair freshly wet with the comb and it will do the same, but I also move quickly and the comb just cools off, she is using a tool that keeps the temp without reheating, and she seems to me IMO moving through it too slow-I still dont think no matter how it sounded or her technique , or lack of-that it did anything major to her hair-we didnt see her hair snap off right there, if it was burnt it would have

touche'...that's what I meant....water evaporating into steam...there are many treatments in which this process occurs.

yeah what I was saying was not that the steam evaporates, but that the water is evaporating , creating the steam

thus drying the hair

well after years of doing this the ONLY things its done for me is help me retain moisture and given me the bomb presses

it only emits steam because the action of heat coming in contact with water

heat on dry parched hair is far worse IMO

my hair has only benefitted and so have others

so in the end like you said, to each their own

I wont ever do a dry press again

Is your hair natural....because natural hair,as we know,tends to be alot stronger than relaxed hair...hers (Kyoseki) looks relaxed,I think that is the real argument :yep:

That video was an extreme and bad example IMO

Her flat Iron was too hot and her hair too wet, so you hear more of the sizzling, just gets hot faster and dries faster, at that higher heat range, sometimes I will hit my hair freshly wet with the comb and it will do the same, but I also move quickly and the comb just cools off, she is using a tool that keeps the temp without reheating, and she seems to me IMO moving through it too slow-I still dont think no matter how it sounded or her technique , or lack of-that it did anything major to her hair-we didnt see her hair snap off right there, if it was burnt it would have

Yes it was...and both points are valid :yep:

Is your hair natural....because natural hair,as we know,tends to be alot stronger than relaxed hair...hers (Kyoseki) looks relaxed,I think that is the real argument :yep:

yeah that was a major part of the issue and question

but then foxieroxie tried it and I know some others did also and reported great results in that other thread and this one

I understand the concern for relaxed hair and still maintain that if your blow drying then this would still be less drying and maintain more moisture:yep:

if your air drying, there would be no use in this that I can see

except for the maxiglide adding bursts of steam on dry hair helping with moisture

Back