OMG! HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS TUTORIAL?!

:eek: Your hair is beautiful. :yep: You should use these for your siggy. Very nice.

ETA: Can you do a tutorial and post it in another link? Do you find that your hair stays straighter for a longer period of time than dry flat ironing? Thanks!

Thank you girl

Yup , that bolded part is true! my hair is a monster to straighten, anything that makes is easier I'm gonna do :yep:

but wow I need to do a youtube, on this , because SOOOO many dont know this isnt bad because it sizzles, its like you can take the hottest pan and put water in it and it INSTANTLY cools it off, but it steams while it cools, thats all the noise is

I wonder if I would get reamed like that when these are the end results?

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

sizzle sizzle ,but my hair is smooth and full of moisture still. Thats why they make wet to dry flat Irons now-and the maxiglide w/ steam-it works for keeping moisture

she wasnt wrong when she said it locks moisture in:yep:

Last edited:
Wow, this makes me want to try it again but the sizzling always scared me away and my hair always remained wet anyway.

iris your hair looks so pretty afterwards.
looks good..sounds good/harmless but as a relaxed type 4 hair.. i cannot see myself tryin this.

clearly the water on her hair is sizzling, and not her actual hair. i don't think the video was bad at all. i've flat-ironed damp hair before. i heard sizzles, and this is with the iron on the second to lowest setting. and my hair was still swanging when i was done.

Um, I believe the flat iron she is using is not a wet-to-dry flat iron. I went to their website. I didn't see any language that says that you can use it on damp/wet hair.

I did cringe at the video when I heard the popping hissing noises, but then I saw part three of her video and the end result was actually kind of nice. Her hair doesn't look as damaged as I thought it would be after all that wet flat ironing, so maybe her routine works for her.

Thank you girl

Yup , that bolded part is true! my hair is a monster to straighten, anything that makes is easier I'm gonna do :yep:

but wow I need to do a youtube, on this , because SOOOO many dont know this isnt bad because it sizzles, its like you can take the hottest pan and put water in it and it INSTANTLY cools it off, but it steams while it cools, thats all the noise is

I wonder if I would get reamed like that when these are the end results?

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

sizzle sizzle ,but my hair is smooth and full of moisture still. Thats why they make wet to dry flat Irons now-and the maxiglide w/ steam-it works for keeping moisture

she wasnt wrong when she said it locks moisture in:yep:

It does make sense. Since your hair is slightly damp when you flat iron, and flat irons are supposed to straighten and seal the cuticle, so it would seem practical to believe that moisture is being sealed in while the cuticle is being sealed. I don't flat iron at all, but one could make the argument that it may actually be better to flat iron damp hair.

I'd be so scared to try this! I've considered it but the video and the reviews for that flat iron freaked me out.

Maybe it's the flat iron that scares me? I mean i know the t3 has a wet 2 dry but doesn't that have pretty good reviews?

irresistible what kind of flat iron do you use?

I actually dont flat Iron, I use a Pressing Comb, One Kind (with the teeth in the front and back) for the first press and the reg for the final press

Who is this?

trinacoco (5 minutes ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam FYI- This video is being shown as a joke and such over at LHCF.

Instead of offering advise, they are making fun of you.

nobody made fun of her, the comments were way worse on youtube long before this vid was even posted. Some just like to flame lhcf for threads like this

I think its normal to be shocked by this when not familiar with it at all

I'm feeling you on this Iris. Given your BEAUTIFUL crowning glory:notworthy, I am one to listen to your counsel. The bolded below is so true, in fact when I saw her hair I immediately jumped to the conclusion that this was frying her hair and breaking her ends off. Now, I think her ends may be thin because of her overall hair care regimen leading up to the iron.

I'm intrigued by this. It's really alot like the steam feature on the MaxiGlide.

Thank you girl, yeah @ the bolded , it really is and to think I was doing this years before they came out with wet/dry flat irons and the maxiglide

:wallbash::wallbash: I could be rich already:lachen:

irres..so you can use it on wet hair as long its tourmaline?

I guess it can't be THAT bad if her hair is on the longer side. Maybe if i get past the the sound of it ill try it
I use a pressing comb so I dunno much about flat irons, but then who would have thunk you could do this with a pressing comb :spinning:

jeezlouise - i'm gone for a day and look at all this....

irresistable - i've got a question or two if you don't mind...are you using your flatiron/hotcomb on a lower setting because your hair is damp?

i've also heard that using "grease" or oil is bad when using heat & you hear that sizzle. Is that different from the sizzle of water? (excuse my ignorance but that's why I'm here)...
not a problem girl......

:perplexed
I use the same amount of heat as I would for a reg comb while using it during the first press to get it dry

eta: I dont know but one thing I have never heard is real natural oil sizzle during a press, only the water makes that sound

I know the sizzle sounds freaky though :eek2: but it really does nothing, the hair cools so quickly because of the water :yep:
:eek: Your hair is beautiful. :yep: You should use these for your siggy. Very nice.

ETA: Can you do a tutorial and post it in another link? Do you find that your hair stays straighter for a longer period of time than dry flat ironing? Thanks!
Thank you girl!

I do think it helps with reversion because so much moisture is left in the hair this way, but I dont think it does anything much when their is a LOT moisture in the air already, eventualy it still going to revert some

I find this the easiest way to get it straight though

I am going to do a tutorial soon :yep:

iris your hair looks so pretty afterwards.
looks good..sounds good/harmless but as a relaxed type 4 hair.. i cannot see myself tryin this.
Thank you girl, yeah its harmless, but I do understand anyone's concern

Um, I believe the flat iron she is using is not a wet-to-dry flat iron. I went to their website. I didn't see any language that says that you can use it on damp/wet hair.

yeah I am not sure about that, but then a pressing comb wasnt meant to be used this way, but it surely can, but I think there is much more air availiable through this process with the comb, to cool the hair

It does make sense. Since your hair is slightly damp when you flat iron, and flat irons are supposed to straighten and seal the cuticle, so it would seem practical to believe that moisture is being sealed in while the cuticle is being sealed. I don't flat iron at all, but one could make the argument that it may actually be better to flat iron damp hair.
yep :yep:

btw to answer another question in a PM my hair is very damp when I do this not towel dried at all , it doesnt matter how wet it is , the comb still dries it:yep:

Last edited:
one final note

someone said this has to be better than on 'parched' hair, thats exactly the truth, on dry hair you can actully burn your hair off, but while its wet , its not even likely at all, no more than a pan staying hot once water hits it

Ive had no heat damage at all doing my hair this way all this time

my hair was in worse shape when my hair dresser used to blow the 'ish' out my hair then press, then curl

my hair grew so much doing it this way, while going to him it wouldnt ever get past a certain point in growth:yep:

Iris your hair is beautiful!!! You mean to tell me you use a pressing comb? Show us a pic if possible. Let us know when you do the tutorial. :)

When I treat myself the a girl at Dudleys does this to my hair! At first I was like hold up, your killing my hair, then she said just let me show you first! My hair was so straight and it had the swang like I was back in cali and had a cali press! My hair was damp, not soaking wet though! I think I may try this myself.
I grew up getting those Cali presses!! My sister get them and she gets steam flat irons too... They sell flat irons that work with steam so I guess its simular to flat ironing damp hair.

Iris your hair is beautiful!!! You mean to tell me you use a pressing comb? Show us a pic if possible. Let us know when you do the tutorial. :)
Thank you sweetie! yup thats what I use, I will surely do the tutorial soon

I use the stove for the comb , but I do have one of those ovens and it works pretty good, thats the only way I could do the tutorial and stay in front of the camera , So I gotta find that, its here somewhere

Ok I'm trying this folks.... As in right now!

I needed to wash my hair in any case, so I did a 1 lather poo, then a mix of Aphogee 2 min reconstroc. and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Condish on my hair for 5 mins in the shower. Rinsed... Now I'm airdrying to about 50-70% dry so it's still a little damp but not sopping wet.... We'll see how it comes out.

Now if my hair falls out, I can put a disclaimer to DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME..... I'm the adventurous type, lol. I have an excellent tourmaline/ionic/far-infared flat iron.

I'm relaxed and I tried this after I washed my hair a few hours ago. I only did one section of my hair but my hair came out so much softer and smooth then when I airdry.

I did it soaking wet and unfortunately near my roots the heat rode up to my scalp so I'm in pain.
Also hot behind water droplets hurt!

Other than that, I may finish my whole head. Thanks to those who posted about their experiences with this. Now how do I take care of my roots!?

try it on damp hair. i flat-ironed partially damp hair in my siggy. if it's too wet... as in dripping wet, like you said, the heat will sort of jump up to your scalp, if the iron's too close.

try it on damp hair. i flat-ironed partially damp hair in my siggy. if it's too wet... as in dripping wet, like you said, the heat will sort of jump up to your scalp, if the iron's too close.

thanks Pookie! And your hair looks lush in your sig, I love that color.:yep:

I'm relaxed and I tried this after I washed my hair a few hours ago. I only did one section of my hair but my hair came out so much softer and smooth then when I airdry.

I did it soaking wet and unfortunately near my roots the heat rode up to my scalp so I'm in pain.
Also hot behind water droplets hurt!

Other than that, I may finish my whole head. Thanks to those who posted about their experiences with this. Now how do I take care of my roots!?
See now I dont know how this works with a flat iron, but yeah the water can heat up I'm sure more with the flat iron, because its more 'pressing' right on the wet hair than a pressing comb, thats why I use the one with the teeth front and back for the first press , its just combing through , not 'pressing' on the hair , be careful with the hot steam and steam burns ladies, I dont concentrate the heat while doing this, just comb comb comb through through the sizzle , through the swelling , to dry-semi-straight:yep:

if you ladies want to use a flat iron for this, I would do a first run through and make the passes quick with no real 'heat' concentraion , just use it as a drying tool for the first run, dont worry about the amount of 'fast passes' just get it dry, then do a normal flat Iron once dry , more concentrated on the roots and more for the actual straightening,in smaller sections like you normally would. remember the first 'round' of this is just an evaporation drying process only, not heat concentration like a normal flat iron session

also its best to use whatever products you use while your hair is wet, you can decide if you need more once dry for the final 'press/flat iron session' but usually its not needed

Last edited:
See now I dont know how this works with a flat iron, but yeah the water can heat up I'm sure more with the flat iron, because its more 'pressing' right on the wet hair than a pressing comb, thats why I use the one with the teeth front and back for the first press , its just combing through , not 'pressing' on the hair , be careful with the hot steam and steam burns ladies, I dont concentrate the heat while doing this, just comb comb comb through through the sizzle , through the swelling , to dry-semi-straight:yep:

if you ladies want to use a flat iron for this, I would do a first run through and make the passes quick with no real 'heat' concentraion , just use it as a drying tool for the first run, dont worry about the amount of 'fast passes' just get it dry, then do a normal flat Iron once dry , more concentrated on the roots and more for the actual straightening,in smaller sections like you normally would. remember the first 'round' of this is just an evaporation drying process only, not heat concentration like a normal flat iron session

also its best to use whatever products you use while your hair is wet, you can decide if you need more once dry for the final 'press/flat iron session' but usually its not needed

Thanks.:yep: I wouldn't have tried until you and Nonie spoke up. Your hair looks great in the ponytail pics you put up. I hope you do the YouTube.

Ok I'm trying this folks.... As in right now!

I needed to wash my hair in any case, so I did a 1 lather poo, then a mix of Aphogee 2 min reconstroc. and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Condish on my hair for 5 mins in the shower. Rinsed... Now I'm airdrying to about 50-70% dry so it's still a little damp but not sopping wet.... We'll see how it comes out.

Now if my hair falls out, I can put a disclaimer to DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME..... I'm the adventurous type, lol. I have an excellent tourmaline/ionic/far-infared flat iron.
I'm sure your gonna be happy with the results:yep:

This is a really interesting discussion. I've been curious about this issue as well. According to thebeautybrains.com:

Ironing wet hair causes the moisture to burst out in little steam explosions. This causes a bubbling and buckling of the cuticle that appears as tiny hair blisters under magnification.

On the other hand, you can't argue with good results.

one final note

someone said this has to be better than on 'parched' hair, thats exactly the truth, on dry hair you can actully burn your hair off, but while its wet , its not even likely at all, no more than a pan staying hot once water hits it

Ive had no heat damage at all doing my hair this way all this time

my hair was in worse shape when my hair dresser used to blow the 'ish' out my hair then press, then curl

my hair grew so much doing it this way, while going to him it wouldnt ever get past a certain point in growth:yep:

it was me :meme:, and I just wanted to add, I was DCing when I read this and after I rinsed it out I said now is the best time to do it if ever. I did it and it brought me back to my relaxer days. My hair was straight, cool to the touch with a heaviness to it. My only beefs were the same as while I did this relaxed; 1. you have to make sure your ends are detangled and straight otherwise they can dry hard and you havee to comb it out and go over them, and 2. you have to put it on your roots and then tilt the iron quickly so that the flat part of the iron is on your scalp, otherwise the steam escaping the cracks will burn your scalp. Put it on the roots for like 1 second and then tilt it quick quick, and then you won't be burned. You will probably have to go over the roots but eventually they will be straight with no burning

omg i cringed @ the sound.

i cannot intelligently say yea or nay to w2d flat ironing.

all i can say is i hate that sizzle sound.

i FI my hair dry, at least 90-95% dry (either air dry or blow dry) and it looks like Nonie's when I'm done - really straight and shiny.

it was me :meme:, and I just wanted to add, I was DCing when I read this and after I rinsed it out I said now is the best time to do it if ever. I did it and it brought me back to my relaxer days. My hair was straight, cool to the touch with a heaviness to it. My only beefs were the same as while I did this relaxed; 1. you have to make sure your ends are detangled and straight otherwise they can dry hard and you havee to comb it out and go over them, and 2. you have to put it on your roots and then tilt the iron quickly so that the flat part of the iron is on your scalp, otherwise the steam escaping the cracks will burn your scalp. Put it on the roots for like 1 second and then tilt it quick quick, and then you won't be burned. You will probably have to go over the roots but eventually they will be straight with no burning

Heed that warning because steam on the scalp burns, lol.

I just finished my results and posted it here. This really isn't as bad as everyone thinks. If you allow the hair to dry just a bit and not be sopping wet, then you wont hear too much of a sizzle actually. My hair didn't sizzle all that much...:yawn::yep:

Heed that warning because steam on the scalp burns, lol.

I just finished my results and posted it here. This really isn't as bad as everyone thinks. If you allow the hair to dry just a bit and not be sopping wet, then you wont hear too much of a sizzle actually. My hair didn't sizzle all that much...:yawn::yep:
This like everything else can be totally perfected by learning technique
like Sui Topi Said, even just the slightest tilt can make a difference. I do this like second nature now, but I'm sure first doing this I would take my time to learn whats working well, paying attention to all details. You did a great job and love your braveness

I can do this on sopping wet/dripping hair and it makes no difference at all, really! and the amount of 'sizzle' sound doesnt mean its worse or better, but yes, with a flat Iron and the steam possibly not escaping quite so easily as with the comb I am thinking too it might be best not on soaking wet hair:yep: now that this has come up in more details, only becuase of the propensity for steam burns is probably higher with a flat iron and for those new to this and just trying it out and dont have the 'tilt and timing' and/or every little aspect of the tehnique down, it might be best

all wet-to-dry flat irons have vents for the steam to escape , they are designed that way

But I think quick passes might work

I dunno, Ive only done this with the pressing comb and its the only way I would know to do it

but I wouldnt be all too worried either if I had to use a flat iron either at this point after how Ive done this for so long:yep:

im actually glad to hear all these reviews! maybe... *maybe* ill try this when i get a much better flat iron and TRY to just ignore the sizzling.

The best way I can describe the tilting this is just try to visualize where and how the steam is going to come out, and make sure that the direction is not pointed to your scalp. Some times if I am in a rush, I don't, well, I didn't actually since I haven't done this in a while until yesterday, but I wouldn't do the back part like all the way to the roots, only the front/top part of my hair. That way, I could see where the steam was going to come from perfectly and could avoid it, and the new growth in the back isn't bothering anyone. If anything it would make my hair look thicker :rolleyes:

I think it's true that this method locks in moisture, because my SO's sister-in-law flat-ironed my hair when it was damp before. However, I didn't really like it because locking in the moisture made it so much heavier and the bounce left my hair pretty quickly. The curls just fell out! It frizzes much easier too with all the moisture, especially with me being only about 60% relaxed these days (that number grows smaller with each passing relaxer, lol).

I prefer air-drying for like 45 minutes and blow-drying the rest dry, THEN flat-ironing it. This is why I don't flat-iron often! Too much damage, but the lightness and bounce is longlasting. Also, the drier it is, the less the frizz, at least this is true for me when I use this method. I went out soon after the hurricane passed down here in Florida after using this method and although my hair was wind-blown, there was absolutely NO frizz. It was just straighter than I like it.

I actually don't straighten my hair very often because I'm always tempted to use this damaging method of blow drying then flat ironing. But back to the original point, if you use good products when flat-ironing wet to dry (I used Joico) and the right iron, I personally find that it's perfectly fine. Just be prepared for frizz if your hair is like mine!:grin:

Last edited:
Back