Old lurker, new member *lots of pics*

CHI10

Hi eveyone! I am an old lurker...I've been lurking since about 2006:look:...this board was a great help to me..Back then, my soul wouldn't allow me to pay for a membership:drunk:...*sigh* my soul has been since, checked lol...with the help of this board and another that shall not be named...i grew my hair from a sad NL to a beautiful full MB, grazing WL...I am now all natural...transitioned for 6 months, and i'm in love...enough chitter chatter..here are some pics:

starting point DEC. 2006..NL:
ejbcrs.jpg

April 2010:
2w57k06.jpg

141ipoy.jpg

last relaxer was July 2010...did a mini chop in august:
29ekw1h.jpg

i had enough of transitioning..so i BC'ed Jan. 2011:
23l0g2r.jpg

after one year of being all natural..Jan. 2012
straightened and trimmed:
2pqjn1z.jpg

Present..July 2012:
1pv0q8.jpg

2mglf6o.jpg

I am here to learn a bit more about hair styles, care, and products..thanks for taking looking!

btw..i am/was on fotki & youtube:drunk:

I used to love your relaxed hair sooo much and was sooo disappointed when you BC all that hair. However, I got over it real quick when I saw your twa - beautiful. Your natural hair is beautiful, and I see you still have your favorite hair style.

Welcome... I am an old member, still lurking:drunk:...

I am familiar with you/your hair as Bronzeg...Anywho, congratulations on your growth and retention. Your hair looks great.

CHI10 said:
Hi eveyone! I am an old lurker...I've been lurking since about 2006:look:...this board was a great help to me..Back then, my soul wouldn't allow me to pay for a membership:drunk:...*sigh* my soul has been since, checked lol...with the help of this board and another that shall not be named...i grew my hair from a sad NL to a beautiful full MB, grazing WL...I am now all natural...transitioned for 6 months, and i'm in love...enough chitter chatter..here are some pics:

April 2010:

Present..July 2012:

I am here to learn a bit more about hair styles, care, and products..thanks for taking looking!

Regi plz

:welcome: your hurr and skin are GAWJUSS!!!!!!!

ETA: I knew your hair was familiar, I remember u from BHM : yep:

Last edited:
Whats going on in the first picture? Your hair looked so broken. Then BAM, next picture MBL! How did you do it?

I used to love your relaxed hair sooo much and was sooo disappointed when you BC all that hair. However, I got over it real quick when I saw your twa - beautiful. Your natural hair is beautiful, and I see you still have your favorite hair style.

aw thanks...yea, i was mad too lol..but was too ready for it

Welcome... I am an old member, still lurking:drunk:...

I am familiar with you/your hair as Bronzeg...Anywho, congratulations on your growth and retention. Your hair looks great.
:wavey: thanks!

since the day of my BC...i wet my hair just about everyday (sometimes every other)...with either plan water (in the shower) or a mixture of water, AVJ, castor oil, & glycerin....my hair is almost always in a puff...i used to DC every week..now, it's every 2 weeks :look:...now that it is a bit longer...i bun a lot..and do occasional twist outs...that's all that i can think of right now..i try to keep it VERY smiple...HTHs

thank you @imfocused

:welcome: your hurr and skin are GAWJUSS!!!!!!!

ETA: I knew your hair was familiar, I remember u from BHM : yep:

hola! BHM was my boo back in the day:lol:...thank you!!

Whats going on in the first picture? Your hair looked so broken. Then BAM, next picture MBL! How did you do it?

:lol:...i think i had relaxed too close to getting it colored (or the other way around)..it was WORSE than that...that pic was AFTER a trim:drunk:..back then..i was DC'ing faithfully every week..rollersetting..NO HEAT.. i was religious with it

I remember you from across the street at BHM. I was wondering what happened to b/c we didn't see you after your bc. Beautiful hair and hella progress!!

Now you know good and well you cant bust out some progress pics like that without sharing your regimen and some tips and tricks lol.:spinning:

Beautiful hair!

What abt the Reggie that got u to WL relaxed? What made u go transition to natural? just curious Since I'm on the fence.

CHI10 said:

April 2010:

Present..July 2012:

Thought about you the other day. I learned to pincurl from you! :lol: that's all I do when I'm straightened. Pin curled and a banana clip. :lol:

Sent From Mah Phone

Seriously, You re Gorgeous!
Your hair is so incredibly beautiful in it's natural state . Great job ,i m mad you been hiding all this time ;)

Back