Okay yall, I'm getting a wool coat for the first time in a HUNNED years... LOL

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Yeah, I said "hunned" LOL

Okay, so I don't know how many winters I suffered with a bald kitchen due to wool coats rubbing my poor hair out- ever since childhood (my Momma ain't know no better LOL). Anyway, these experiences made me hate wool as my choice of coat fabric. WHY DOES WOOL COATS HAVE TO BE SOME OF THE SHARPEST COATS OUT THERE?!?! So, I've been lusting after a wool coat for a few years and I broke down and ordered one. I'm nervous yall. I will be wearing my hair up every time I wear the coat- my hair is at or almost at APL- I try not to look so I won't obsess. I know I should be wearing a silk scarf with it, right? Would you wear a silk scarf AND a scarf for warmth? Did I mention I'm not really feeling silk scarves? But I'll get used to it if they will protect my tresses :look: I'm taking all suggestions TIA!

Last edited:
i have the cutest pea coat that i stopped wearing people my ends were breaking. best believe im breaking that bad boy out this winter. i dont know if im going to put a silk scarf on it, it seems the inside and the inner part of the hood is silk so idk. but i have other coats that wont pull or break my hair so i can go back and forth. when i do wear it i'll just have to wear my hair up like you said because aint no way im having a set back.

i would get a pretty silk scarf or a solid color to put around the back collar of the coat. that way your neck would just touch that instead of rubbing on the wool. yeah it looks like you are going to have to get one. i hope someone gives you another suggestion.

i would get a pretty silk scarf or a solid color to put around the back collar of the coat. that way your neck would just touch that instead of rubbing on the wool. yeah it looks like you are going to have to get one. i hope someone gives you another suggestion.

That's what I do. I wear a silk scarf around the collar of the coat.

You better where a silk scarf are only wear the coat on occasion. Wool is no joke as you know.

I just got an idea! Maybe I could sew a piece of silk on the inside of a nice winter scarf (the silk would match the length/width of the winter scarf). That way I won't have to worry about having on two scarves and my neck area would be protected- I'd put the acarf on before I put my coat on.

Back