Okay....My First Rollerset on Natural Hair (Pics inside)

AngelDoll

After seeing all of the awesome rollersets, I decided to attempt it on my hair. I have not used rollers since I out grew my curlformers.

Rollersetting and bunning will be my routine hairstyles from now on. My hair is soft, moist, and feels silky. I never thought that natural hair
could feel like this by rollersetting with mesh or magnetic rollers. No more flat ironing... well, maybe twice a year.

Thank you ladies for all of the wonderful information and instructions on rollersetting.:rosebud:

Thanks again Momi for my hard mesh rollers. :flowers:

IebN-100-3_fuBpOFBI6a.jpg

Wow!!! Your hair looks beautiful! I like the body in your hair. I am in my rollers right now waiting for them to dry and I'm not going to flatiron either, just smooth it out.

BTW how were you doing your hair before? Just curly styles or flatironing every week?

Wow - this is really pretty. My favorite is the finger-combed look.

How'd you do it??? Do tell!

Also, how often do you wear your hair straight?

You rollerset looks really great. I tried doing a rollerset this afternoon and it came out really horrible. I can't seem to get it smooth enough :( How long did your process take?

Wow!!! Your hair looks beautiful! I like the body in your hair. I am in my rollers right now waiting for them to dry and I'm not going to flatiron either, just smooth it out.

BTW how were you doing your hair before? Just curly styles or flatironing every week?

Thank you, I was amazed with the results. I normally wear my hair in a bun and I would flat iron every 3-4 months.

Your rollerset looks Awesome! :clap: Are you joining the natural rollersetting challenge :grin:?

Your rollersets are awesome!! I guess I will join the challenge now. I usually do not join challenges because I do not post very often. I will try my best to participate. I enjoy just lurking.:rolleyes:

looks great!!!

i've been thinking about trying to rollerset my natural hair

...possibly

Thank you. Please try rollersetting, even if you do not get it perfect the first time, it is well worth the effort.

Wow - this is really pretty. My favorite is the finger-combed look.

How'd you do it??? Do tell!

Also, how often do you wear your hair straight?

Thanks, I will have to come back later and post my rollersetting routine; since I really don't have one. I will try to remember exactly what I did because I was only experimenting.

I usually wear my hair in a bun and flat iron once every 3-4 months. When my hair is flat ironed, I wear it straight for two weeks and during that time I may wear it loose for a day or two. I wear my hair in a bun so often that when I have it loose, I am self conscious.

You rollerset looks really great. I tried doing a rollerset this afternoon and it came out really horrible. I can't seem to get it smooth enough :( How long did your process take?

Thank you. I love your curls. I was able to get my hair smooth by keeping it wet and pulling it taunt as I roll. It took me about one hour to roll my hair and one and a half hours to dry it (I don't have a PIBBS:nono:)

Gee-orgeous! What was your sleep time routine to maintain the style from day 1 to day3?

Thanks!!! Before going to bed, I applied coconut oil to my hair, put it in a bun, secured it with a satin scrunchie and covered with a satin scarf.

AWesome rollerset!! So does the mesh rollers give better results than the magnetic rollers?

Thank you. I have never attempted to roll my natural hair on magnetic rollers so I can't compare the two. I :heart2:my hard mesh rollers, although it took a little practice getting the hairpins positioned right.

beautiful!! i was in the same boat until i actually tried rollersetting but now i kno its the ish!!

Thanks!! Your hair is beautiful. Yes, rollersetting :rocker::woohoo:.

Back