Okay, fess up! Who's tried the NEW Creme of Nature Shampoo?

Te'TahHead

Hello all,

I'm wondering who's tried the NEW Creme of Nature Shampoo. You know, the shampoo with the sulfates :ohwell:?

How did it compare to the old? How did it work for slip, moisture, and detangling compared to the old?

TIA. :)

I havent tried it yet. Im still using my stash of the old formula. A few BSS in my are still have the old bottles. I wanna know how the new formula is too.

Still a Lady tried it. She liked it. Maybe she will drop in to do a review.

I saw some bad reviews, too. Not that the shampoo itself is bad, but that it is NOT the same.

My dd's and I have used the new one. We see no difference at all. All that worrying about nothing...

I havent tried it yet. Im still using my stash of the old formula. A few BSS in my are still have the old bottles. I wanna know how the new formula is too.
Hopefully we shall find more answers!

Still a Lady tried it. She liked it. Maybe she will drop in to do a review.

I saw some bad reviews, too. Not that the shampoo itself is bad, but that it is NOT the same.

Thank you HD. I'll be on the lookout for her post.
My dd's and I have used the new one. We see no difference at all. All that worrying about nothing...

Thank you for your review. Are you a long-term CON user?

Ive heard there was no difference. I want to say TSU used it and posted about it(dont quote me tho). Im still going thru my gallons of old formula I bought in a panic.

That's good to know. I've been wondering about this for some time now but couldn't get feedback from anywhere.

Thanks for the thread.

I tried a sample. It smells nice and my hair was moist. I would not buy a larger bottle tough. It was just ok.

I didn't like the original one. It left my hair dry and crispy.

Definitely not the same. I've been using this poo since the 80's and I KNOW when something that I've used for almost a lifetime has been messed with! :lol: They ain't foolin' me that's fo' sho!

It feels the same going on, smell is the same but rinse out and final result NOT the same. I don't have any of the old formulas so I threw out an almost full bottle of the reformulated original and I'm moving on.

Last edited:
Hopefully we shall find more answers!

Thank you HD. I'll be on the lookout for her post.

Thank you for your review. Are you a long-term CON user?

I started using it after I joined LHCF, so a little more than 3 years, it's the only shampoo I use. I still have a lot of the old one though. I was out of town and was forced to buy the new one, so I've only used it a couple of times. I guess there may be a slight difference but honestly I have not found ANY other shampoo that works as well as CON so even if it's not as good, it's still better than everything else out there (as far as my hair and my dd's hair is concerned.)

Ive heard there was no difference. I want to say TSU used it and posted about it(dont quote me tho). Im still going thru my gallons of old formula I bought in a panic.

Oh wow. :lol:
I've tried the one for dry scalps and it was fine. Had a nice smell.
Thank you for your review!

I tried a sample. It smells nice and my hair was moist. I would not buy a larger bottle tough. It was just ok.

I didn't like the original one. It left my hair dry and crispy.

Well, I guess this is good news then.

Definitely not the same. I've been using this poo since the 80's and I KNOW when something that I've used for almost a lifetime has been messed with! :lol: They ain't foolin' me that's fo' sho!

It feels the same going on, smell is the same but rinse out and final result NOT the same. I don't have any of the old formulas so I threw out an almost full bottle of the reformulated original and I'm moving on.

:perplexed Aw man. Thank you for your review Honi.

Been there. Did that. Then went right to the beauty supply store and bought my good old CON with the green label. Never again.

2 Bad reviews in a row. Thank you Napptural.

I started using it after I joined LHCF, so a little more than 3 years, it's the only shampoo I use. I still have a lot of the old one though. I was out of town and was forced to buy the new one, so I've only used it a couple of times. I guess there may be a slight difference but honestly I have not found ANY other shampoo that works as well as CON so even if it's not as good, it's still better than everything else out there (as far as my hair and my dd's hair is concerned.)
Okay, cool thank you for breaking it down for me.

PS: Honi don't forget to let us know what you're moving on to.

Def. not the same. :nono: I'm a PJ and I brought it because of the new pretty bottle haha.:lachen:Jokes on me. I can't wait to finish up this bottle so I can switch back to the original formula. The new shampoo isn't bad but the condish sucks.

I've tried it and this is how I feel but I'll give it one more chance since I've only used it twice. The first time seem good. The second time not so much.

Hello all,

I'm wondering who's tried the NEW Creme of Nature Shampoo. You know, the shampoo with the sulfates :ohwell:?

How did it compare to the old? How did it work for slip, moisture, and detangling compared to the old?

TIA. :)
I tried it and I thought it worked as well as the original.

Glad I didnt panic and buy up a whole lotta the old ones.

ETA: I found an old thread of a review that I did of ithe new CON. Heres the link:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=219083

Last edited:
Not the same. Luckily I stocked up in Sally's but as a "let's see" I bought a bottle of the new, and tried it for one wash, it was NOT the same. That's all I can say. If Sally's is still selling it, get the old ones and stock up fast.

I have it and I love it, it feels like butter on my hair. I even have slip! I have never had slip with a shampoo before. This stuff is a winner

Good...as long as there are at least a couple of positive reviews I'll try it....*Sometimes* people are more affected by what they know....Like if they had them in non-labled bottles some people might not be able to tell...take it off and their like I like my old one better.....

There are still alot at my Sally's tho..their still saying there not going to stop selling the big ones (cream of nature has a new conditoner their selling too) and I have two...but Im going to buy the new one put it in a different bottle, mark the bottom or something and try it...give myself a honest chance with it. I really dont want to go on to a new shampoo. :nono:

Back