Ok yall AVEDA does work!

angellazette

I have never been able to get my natural hair this straight, I was quite surprised. Now I just need to cut it into a cute style. Anyway, thanks for putting me on because I have officially crossed over! I'll probably be able to do decent rollersets now too :D :D :yay: :band2: :weird: :bud: :dance7: :wacky: :woot: :antlers:

I have really been thinking about trying some Aveda products. You know I'm a cheapie, but I may make an exception this once. If I was going to buy 1 or 2 starter products to get myself hooked in which ones would they be?

1 or 2! I'm not trying to lose my mind in there.

DivaStyle said:
I have really been thinking about trying some Aveda products. You know I'm a cheapie, but I may make an exception this once. If I was going to buy 1 or 2 starter products to get myself hooked in which ones would they be?

Aveda DR conditioner--awesome moisturizing conditioner
Aveda DR treatment--mild protein conditioner

DivaStyle said:

I really like the Damage Remedy set (restructuring shampoo and conditioner). However, I've been seeing lots of raves about the smooth infusion set and am going to be trying it soon myself. :look:

ETA: And the good thing about Aveda is that if you don't like it you can return the products to the aveda store (that's what I've read here anyway) but I really believe you're gonna love it :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks sareca and amr501.

I'm in Mississippi this week (for the holiday) visiting my boyfriend, and I think there's only one salon in Jackson that sells Aveda products. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with going there to get my hair done (I read JCoily's review of her experience in Cali, so you know I'm hesitant here), but I might go by to look into purchasing the Damage Remedy products. I have read a lot of great things about those products on this board. If not, I can always wait until next week when I'm back in Dallas.

Thanks

AVEDA is the truth!!! I've been doing my rollersets with the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate and setting lotion.

DivaStyle said:
I have really been thinking about trying some Aveda products. You know I'm a cheapie, but I may make an exception this once. .

You should. You'll love it! Now I'm scared to go back to my Keracare & try the brand new Kenra I picked up b/c I don't want to lose the great hair aveda dr has given me. Shedding was almost non-existant! And that has been a major problem for me.

pinkskates said:
I TOLD YOU SO! Their products work great on AA type 4 hair:)

:confused: What about type 3's? I have 3b and 3c mixed up in this head and maybe a small section of 4a. (Really, I have one small section at the top of my head that is totally different from the rest.) Will it work for me too?:confused:

Sorry ladies!

Ummm I used the Aveda DR line, then the Damage Control spray and the Hang Straight. The Hang Straight is the truth! I used a hot air brush to blowdry and it really amazed me! My hair never gets straight with a blowdry or hot air brush and this stuff really smoothed my hair. Then I used the Anti Humectant and Smoothing Fluid before I flat ironed. Talk about soft hair and it's still straight, hasn't reverted in this Hawaii weather so I think it's a keeper!

Originally posted by DivaStyle
What about type 3's? I have 3b and 3c mixed up in this head and maybe a small section of 4a. (Really, I have one small section at the top of my head that is totally different from the rest.) Will it work for me too?:confused:

Absolutely, I should have said that Aveda works great on any ethnic type hair. Their combination of natural and chemical ingredients, and plant teas are good for smoothing and controlling kinky type hair.

TOTALLY agree, aveda is great for all hair types and thats an excellent factor. i LOVE AVEDA!!!! i'm waiting for my delivery of the S.I. line. i cant wait!!!

hOnii said:
You should. You'll love it! Now I'm scared to go back to my Keracare & try the brand new Kenra I picked up b/c I don't want to lose the great hair aveda dr has given me. Shedding was almost non-existant! And that has been a major problem for me.

Same here! I bought that C-Pak from Mastercuts, I have a HUGE bottle of ORS Replenishing Conditioner, half a liter left of Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo, among other things. Now that I've found this, I'm like....dang. I already gave away a ton of Keracare products to my sister. (A HUGE leave-in that cost some $$$ too). She couldn't have cared less what brand it was (she uses Suave and VO5). So in essence, it was sorta wasted on her. I need to let her know how concentrated Keracare stuff is...

Anyway, I feel ya. :cool:

:yay: I love the Damage control & Hang Straight combination...My blowout & rollerset came out straighter and full of body and bounce :)

For the last week or two, I've been using the Elixir and hang straight on my rollersets with great results. I get soft shny curls. I love the hang straight.

mkstar826 said:
:yay: I love the Damage control & Hang Straight combination...My blowout & rollerset came out straighter and full of body and bounce :)

You did a blowout then rollerset or rollerset then blowout?

I've been using the hang straight & brilliant serum with a small drop of elixir. This combo has given me the best rollersets ever!

I just went to the salon (first time in about 4 months) and I brought my Aveda set with me. I had her use the Hair Detoxifying shampoo, Damage Remedy shampoo, and Damage Remedy Treatment. After she took down my rollerset, she was getting ready to head out to the mall to get herself some Aveda products. At first, I thought it was a bit over-rated, but it has passed test, not even a random stylist can screw up my hair if I bring these products in with me.

hOnii said:

ditto to the above!

Back