Ok...Two DIFFERENT Jars of Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Conditioner???

so1913

Ok...the jar that I've been using I purchased from Duane Reade and it was what I remember for when I tried it years ago. It was the same consistancy as the Aloe, with a "sheer" like look to it, and a strong more citrus scent. I just picked another jar from Sally's...the packaging seems to be the same, but the conditioner itself seems totally different! It has a more "creamy" look than the "sheer" look of the other batch, the scent is lighter and not as citrusy (I like this one better) and a little more runny. I took a little and rubbed it in my hands and it seems more moisturizing or butter based than the other batch which appears to have more of a watery feel once rubbed in.

Now I'm not sure if any of this description makes sense, lol lol, it's kind of hard to describe. Neither one seems like it may be "older" than the other, they just seem to be different formulas???

Well, I'll guess I just have to try the new one out and see if I can tell the difference but I want to know if anyone else has encoutered this difference?

They are different. I have the "new" one from Sally's and :nono: Don't like it. I really doesn't do much of anything for my hair.

Thanks so much...ah well...looks like I may need to go ahead and pay more and grab the rest of the jars at Duane Reade...I'm sure if I head to the Paterson (NJ) BSS I can find some old formula jars as well.

I never used the original one so I can't compare, but I really like the one out now.

Anyone having trouble finding this?

I had to go to 2 Sally's and a Wal Mart before I finally found 2 jars at the 3rd Sally's I went to. I asked the sales lady and she said they were being discontinued and these were the last two they had left. I don't really believe her though cause she wasn't paying much attention and was busy trying to sell me some conditioner. I am going to check again at Wal Mart and the local BSS to see what their inventory looks like.

Back