ok -soo uhh.. I did the BKT *pics*

nomoweavesfome

Ok - so I broke down and finally filled my curiosity from 2007 - thanks to people catching on now.. remember my post?

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=252589&highlight=brazillian+keratin+treatment

anyhow... I suffered major set back and had to start over in January.

My hair is in a weakened damaged state thanks to chlorine, henna, and lye relaxer.

So.. I decided what the hell it wouldn't hurt if I got another setback I'm already no where near my goal and itchin for a bob, so I purchased the GLOBAL KERATIN TREATMENT from ebayer (would not reccommend ebaying, but she was honest):
http://myworld.ebay.com/thebest49_123/

I received 2 1/2 ounces which the seller said was enough for shoulder length. (I figured would be enough.. bottom layers right above armpit and shoulder length layers and bangs and my hair is thin.) but IT WAS NOT ENOUGH. I RAN OUT IN THE BACK LEFT!!! I had to comb through to get some on the back.

I was uncomfortable blowdrying and totally uncomfortable passing the heat 5, 6, and 7 times. The back I did about 4. My BIOSILK FLATIRON only goes to 420 and that's what I used.

Results::
well My hair feels thick, but does not look it. It feels soft and combs nice. I still did not get the shine I anticipated, but my hair always have that dull sensation after a blow dry even with flat/curling iron. I expected my breakage to come to a halt with combing and although it is significantly less maybe 6 or 7 broken pieces. I'm not into the breakage thing hence my inquiry on rollersets to keep from combing:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=359663&highlight=

ok here we go:
bkt 1.jpg

bkt2.jpg

bkt3.jpg

bkt4.jpg

bkt5.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some more:

Attachments

• bkt6.jpg
    bkt6.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 26
  • bkt7.jpg
    bkt7.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 70
  • bkt8.jpg
    bkt8.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 46
  • bkt9.jpg
    bkt9.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 59
  • bkt10.jpg
    bkt10.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 56
Looks good to me...what do you think about it? Is it a keeper? Did you get formaldehyde or formaldehyde free?

Definitely let us know how it feels towards the end of the week.

If it helps to see a before pic: here's a setback pic in January to get a feel for BEFORE TO compare TO NOW:
349296346.jpg

Very pretty! I love it!!! I ordered 3oz and I ran out on the last 1/4 of my hair I was trying to "sop" up that product with my hair swirling around the bowl..lol. I put too much on one side and was left looking like a fool towards the end. I combed the product through and worked the "leftovers" onto my hair.

Looks good to me...what do you think about it? Is it a keeper? Did you get formaldehyde or formaldehyde free?

YOU KNOW WHAT... I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL KEEP DOING IT. I'M ON THE FENCE ACTUALLY AND IT'S BECAUSE OF THE DAMN HEAT!!!!! IT'S WAY TOO MUCH FOR MY FINE HAIR AND NOT SURE IF IT'S CONTRADICTING THE WHOLE POINT OF MINIMIZING MY BREAKAGE.

ANNDD... I'M NOT SURE IF IT WAS FORMALDEHYDE FREE OR NOT, BUT I WANT TO SAY YES IT WAS BECAUSE MY HUSBAND CAME HOME IN TH EMIDDLE OF ME BLOWDRYING SAYING WHAT IS THAT SMELL??? AND HE SAID HE FELT SICK TO HIS STOMACH, THEN MY EYE STARTED FEELING SCRATCHY AND HAD SOME REDNESS.... (not good)

^
l
l
l
I wasn't yellin - the caps was just on from last post. sowwy

Thanks guys for comps. just sharing for those who are interested in the treatment from another perspective ( so far I've been seeing a lot of already 3 a/b/c ish silky haired non relaxers doing it with drop dead gorgeous results and I definitely don't fit that description.)

by the way, I am relaxed thin, fine haired, 4a/b with a patch of 3c in the back

Last edited:
YOU KNOW WHAT... I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL KEEP DOING IT. I'M ON THE FENCE ACTUALLY AND IT'S BECAUSE OF THE DAMN HEAT!!!!! IT'S WAY TOO MUCH FOR MY FINE HAIR AND NOT SURE IF IT'S CONTRADICTING THE WHOLE POINT OF MINIMIZING MY BREAKAGE.

ANNDD... I'M NOT SURE IF IT WAS FORMALDEHYDE FREE OR NOT, BUT I WANT TO SAY YES IT WAS BECAUSE MY HUSBAND CAME HOME IN TH EMIDDLE OF ME BLOWDRYING SAYING WHAT IS THAT SMELL??? AND HE SAID HE FELT SICK TO HIS STOMACH, THEN MY EYE STARTED FEELING SCRATCHY AND HAD SOME REDNESS.... (not good)

SoCalli, had beautiful results from the BKT. She said she used 370 degrees and 1 - 2 passes of the flatiron. I will definitely modify quite a few things next time.

SoCalli, had beautiful results from the BKT. She said she used 370 degrees and 1 - 2 passes of the flatiron. I will definitely modify quite a few things next time.

Yea- I think 2 passes is enough for me, but they seem to stress, the more you do it the more the treatment is "baked in the hair" -

oh and one more thing.. that made me feel good.. A Caucasian lady at church told me my hair was pretty today! I was like *gasp* for real!!??? lol

I did - but I'm wondering why you have to apply like color? what's wrong with the just applying a good bit like conditioner and comb thru?? I think you can still get strand coverage this way.

I've been wondering this, too! Then Wanderland told me this is how she did hers! So this is the method I'll use next time. I'll squeeze from an applicator bottle into the sections. Squeeze through and then comb through with a fine tooth comb. I think this will make it easier to keep from running out, also.

I've been wondering this, too! Then Wanderland told me this is how she did hers! So this is the method I'll use next time. I'll squeeze from an applicator bottle into the sections. Squeeze through and then comb through with a fine tooth comb. I think this will make it easier to keep from running out, also.

Will the product get on your scalp this way? I read that the product shouldn't be applied to the scalp.

Will the product get on your scalp this way? I read that the product shouldn't be applied to the scalp.

I think it can easily be avoided. I apply my conditioner this way, sometimes, and avoid my scalp. It may be necessary to ensure product coverage at the root while parting and combing through.

Your hair came out nicely.

I see you mention you had hair damage from henna. Can I ask what type of damage?

When I used my QOD gold sample my hair was straight but didn't feel or look super good with the initial straightening. Only after I shampooed it out and straightened my hair did my hair show real shine and feel good. This may be due to not using a high enough heat. Some products say that you must use 450 degrees while other give you a range. What temperature was recommended that you use? I know that the QOD website says to use 450. The maxi glide I used gets up to only 430.

Dont feel discourage just yet. Wait until you wash that stuff out. Most formaldehyde free BKTs allow you to use lower heat.

Your hair came out nicely.

I see you mention you had hair damage from henna. Can I ask what type of damage?

ok faith and mummysgirl,

My hair although thin was so freakin nice and silky and had good comb through action. The thinning came fro the chlorine 1st after swimming last summer. My hair just kept coming out and coming out and wouldn't stop this was alos around the time I had switched to ORS lye which I was already on the fence about because lye relaxers are typically tooo strong for my fine hair. Because my hair was thinning I had made up my mind that I would use henna and indigo to get my hair jet black so it could appear thicker. GIRL..... after I rinsed that stuff out my hair it was a wrap. It felt so coated and dry and dry looking. It was a tangled mess and the breakage was unreal after that. No matter how much conditoner and more conditioner and more conditioner- it wouldn't give. All I could do was just cut it out. I lost all silkiness and texture and all hope was gone. And that was the 2nd henna experience the first was without the indigo and same thing happened. here's a pic of what it looked like shortly after.:

349296146.jpg
349296162.jpg

Gir I was soo hurt I was set back when just 2 months prior I was looking like this:
327860679.jpg

When I used my QOD gold sample my hair was straight but didn't feel or look super good with the initial straightening. Only after I shampooed it out and straightened my hair did my hair show real shine and feel good. This may be due to not using a high enough heat. Some products say that you must use 450 degrees while other give you a range. What temperature was recommended that you use? I know that the QOD website says to use 450. The maxi glide I used gets up to only 430.

Dont feel discourage just yet. Wait until you wash that stuff out. Most formaldehyde free BKTs allow you to use lower heat.

yea mine said to 450 but my flat iron only goes to 420- I would be scare to go higher than that though!!! That is just to damn hot! Don't we bake cookies and cake at like 450?? jeez -

I'll see what happens next wash.

No matter what the box says, their is no such thing as formaldehyde free. They just disguise the formaldehyde in another ingredient.

ok faith and mummysgirl,

My hair although thin was so freakin nice and silky and had good comb through action. The thinning came fro the chlorine 1st after swimming last summer. My hair just kept coming out and coming out and wouldn't stop this was alos around the time I had switched to ORS lye which I was already on the fence about because lye relaxers are typically tooo strong for my fine hair. Because my hair was thinning I had made up my mind that I would use henna and indigo to get my hair jet black so it could appear thicker. GIRL..... after I rinsed that stuff out my hair it was a wrap. It felt so coated and dry and dry looking. It was a tangled mess and the breakage was unreal after that. No matter how much conditoner and more conditioner and more conditioner- it wouldn't give. All I could do was just cut it out. I lost all silkiness and texture and all hope was gone. And that was the 2nd henna experience the first was without the indigo and same thing happened. here's a pic of what it looked like shortly after.:

349296146.jpg
349296162.jpg

Gir I was soo hurt I was set back when just 2 months prior I was looking like this:
327860679.jpg

I have heard that some people experience buildup from henna. They say that shampoo gets rid of it. I don't know if you plan on risking hennaing again.

I have heard that some people experience buildup from henna. They say that shampoo gets rid of it. I don't know if you plan on risking hennaing again.

I tried everything- the damage was done - and hell to the naw I will never eva never eva doing henna eva eva again!

Back