ok -soo uhh.. I did the BKT *pics*

I tried everything- the damage was done - and hell to the naw I will never eva never eva doing henna eva eva again!

I've tried henna on fully relaxed hair before. It didn't have the same effect as it did on my natural hair or texlaxed/texturized hair. Henna on my relaxed hair made it look and feel all rippley which was not nice. I was straight the first two weeks my hair was relaxed then the henna completely changed my texture. It also became tangled. Im not sure if I didn't wash it out well enough or what. I have found that it is important to get all of the henna out or it could make your hair dull and hard. Anyway, I eventually cut that hair all off and started over again. Its strange because henna makes my natural and or texlaxed hair smooth, silky and shiny. It does the opposite on my relaxed hair.

I'm relaxed and henna is very good for my hair... my usual henna mix is henna, amla powder and water.
I leave it in my hair for 2-3 hours, rinse out with water for a while, then rinse out with conditioner a few times before DC'ing with a moisturising DC and then I do a couple of final rinses with a cheapie conditioner.
My hair is always strong and soft after this but I tried henna gloss for the 1st time on Saturday, my mix was - 3 heaping tbsps of henna, keracare dry+itchy scalp conditioner (bought it, don't like it... have to use it up one way or another), honey, oils and water, did the usual rinse out with cheapie con, DC with moisturising con procedure... my hair feels even better after this. Strong and soft.

I've tried henna on fully relaxed hair before. It didn't have the same effect as it did on my natural hair or texlaxed/texturized hair. Henna on my relaxed hair made it look and feel all rippley which was not nice. I was straight the first two weeks my hair was relaxed then the henna completely changed my texture. It also became tangled. Im not sure if I didn't wash it out well enough or what. I have found that it is important to get all of the henna out or it could make your hair dull and hard. Anyway, I eventually cut that hair all off and started over again. Its strange because henna makes my natural and or texlaxed hair smooth, silky and shiny. It does the opposite on my relaxed hair.

So sorry this happened to you.... my hair does really well with henna.

Good to know your hair is doing much better now :-)
ok faith and mummysgirl,

My hair although thin was so freakin nice and silky and had good comb through action. The thinning came fro the chlorine 1st after swimming last summer. My hair just kept coming out and coming out and wouldn't stop this was alos around the time I had switched to ORS lye which I was already on the fence about because lye relaxers are typically tooo strong for my fine hair. Because my hair was thinning I had made up my mind that I would use henna and indigo to get my hair jet black so it could appear thicker. GIRL..... after I rinsed that stuff out my hair it was a wrap. It felt so coated and dry and dry looking. It was a tangled mess and the breakage was unreal after that. No matter how much conditoner and more conditioner and more conditioner- it wouldn't give. All I could do was just cut it out. I lost all silkiness and texture and all hope was gone. And that was the 2nd henna experience the first was without the indigo and same thing happened. here's a pic of what it looked like shortly after.:

349296146.jpg
349296162.jpg

Gir I was soo hurt I was set back when just 2 months prior I was looking like this:
327860679.jpg

Back