Ok So I need to ask this...Coloring and your Hair...

Hairstyles Before and After Coloring???

• Out and Flowing then Out and Flowing ( We like it Sessy)

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Out and Flowing then Bunned (Loosely or otherwise) ( (Sessy and Practical)

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Ponytail then Bunned (Loosely or otherwise) ( I need to conserve my style)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Bunned up then Readjusted Buns ( I'm a librarian at heart..JK people!!!)

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • A Doobie and a scarf....it really doesn't matter to the dude

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Wash &Go's/ Other ( Please describe)

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters
If you're thinking about your hair he ain't hittin' it right:giggle: I just have a satin pillow case and live an eternal bun lol.

If you're thinking about your hair he ain't hittin' it right:giggle: I just have a satin pillow case and live an eternal bun lol.

:spank: GirL!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I think about it after the fact! I'm like ohhhhh Damn! What tis I gonna do with this Mess!:blush::blush:

I woke up with a bird's nest this morning and could care less! Coloring with my honey is explosive! The hair takes a back seat. I do need to buy a satin pillowcase though.

:lachen: I think about it in the morning cuz I be like nighty nite!:lachen: I use up a lot of energy:sekret:

I woke up with a bird's nest this morning and could care less! Coloring with my honey is explosive! The hair takes a back seat. I do need to buy a satin pillowcase though.

Ohh yeah....I understand that...I hardly want to put a brush to it!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I did the wash and go bravely in JAN weather! It worked out ok.... I used a blw dryer to help speed up the process.... this weekend there was no bun happening for me:look:

dang.. i feel soo bad now.. i always wrap my hair. even if the session has started, i pause, and be like hold up, got to put my scarf on! there is no fixing my hair once the curls fall.:nono: no if its right before a wash, its wild and free!:drunk:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Girl this is me all day long! My man even stops me and reminds me to go wrap my hair up if we're too far in and I havent done it yet. He knows I'm serious about the haircare. :lachen:

LOL @ this whole thread!
I didn't really care last night until I nestled my head on my cotton pillowcase after it was all said and done..and I was like uh uh lol jumped up and wrapped it up real quick! I couldn't even sleep right lol...the guilt!

I voted previously cover it up and never gave it a single thought but had an intering experience w/ Dh and wanted to share. Don't under estimate to effect of your tresses on your man. I guess your take things for granted after being married for a while.

So, I wore my hair in its usual braidout, fade to loose messy bun. Wash day is Friday night into Sat. so by Friday my hair is a tangled HAM, cute but HAM, by my standards. Anyway, last Sat., I did a DC treatment w/ avocado, EVOO, honey and 1 egg. My NG has never felt this soft and supple a full week after wash day with no additional moisturizing. So, I’m standing in the mirror detangling my dry hair (I never detangle except in the shower w/ lots of slippy condish). However, my hair was practically free of tangles and there was very little shedding. After about 10 min of easy detangling, I have big, bodacious hair that is still shiny and bouncy. I’m in awe and feeling pretty good about the condition of my hair, when DH sticks his head in the master bath.

Now mind you, I’m supposed to be sprucing up for a coloring session, so he was checking on my progress. He doesn’t get to see my hair down and flowing often so his reaction was “Wow”!

Dialogue
DH: WOW! Love the hair, Ree! I was expecting cupcake girl! (pineapple the braidout and put on a satin cap – wala, I look like a cup cake. Get it? LOL)
Me: LOL! She’s in here somewhere.
DH: Do I get to play in your hair tonight
Me: Sure! I’ll leave it down
DH: (bug-eyed) Really! (face flushes) I look down and flashlight appears in his lounge pants (sorry TMI)
Me: Wow! Is it that serious?
DH: I’ll break it down for you later. Just hurry-up!

So, after coloring dialogue
DH: Wow, I’m not sure who I just colored with. It was crazy looking at you with all your hair out. I feel like I should be guilty. I appreciate that you have to do more with your hair than say my sister (DH is Caucasian). And I love watching the process. And I understand why you cover your hair but sometimes it’s just nice to have you like this. You don’t understand. I love your hair. When will you be done…searches for the word..
Me: Transitioning? Soon, Honey. 6 months or so.
DH: Then you’ll let me play in your hair more?
Me: Sure, Honey. I wish I knew it was that much of a turn on.
DH: blushes… I’m a simple man, Ree….blah, blah,blah

Anyway, the long and short of it is, even though I know DH loves me no matter the state of my hair, I think I will make more of an effort to give him more access to it. Cupcake girl needs a break more often.

A little long winded, sorry :)

I voted previously cover it up and never gave it a single thought but had an intering experience w/ Dh and wanted to share. Don't under estimate to effect of your tresses on your man. I guess your take things for granted after being married for a while.

So, I wore my hair in its usual braidout, fade to loose messy bun. Wash day is Friday night into Sat. so by Friday my hair is a tangled HAM, cute but HAM, by my standards. Anyway, last Sat., I did a DC treatment w/ avocado, EVOO, honey and 1 egg. My NG has never felt this soft and supple a full week after wash day with no additional moisturizing. So, I’m standing in the mirror detangling my dry hair (I never detangle except in the shower w/ lots of slippy condish). However, my hair was practically free of tangles and there was very little shedding. After about 10 min of easy detangling, I have big, bodacious hair that is still shiny and bouncy. I’m in awe and feeling pretty good about the condition of my hair, when DH sticks his head in the master bath.

Now mind you, I’m supposed to be sprucing up for a coloring session, so he was checking on my progress. He doesn’t get to see my hair down and flowing often so his reaction was “Wow”!

Dialogue
DH: WOW! Love the hair, Ree! I was expecting cupcake girl! (pineapple the braidout and put on a satin cap – wala, I look like a cup cake. Get it? LOL)
Me: LOL! She’s in here somewhere.
DH: Do I get to play in your hair tonight
Me: Sure! I’ll leave it down
DH: (bug-eyed) Really! (face flushes) I look down and flashlight appears in his lounge pants (sorry TMI)
Me: Wow! Is it that serious?
DH: I’ll break it down for you later. Just hurry-up!

So, after coloring dialogue
DH: Wow, I’m not sure who I just colored with. It was crazy looking at you with all your hair out. I feel like I should be guilty. I appreciate that you have to do more with your hair than say my sister (DH is Caucasian). And I love watching the process. And I understand why you cover your hair but sometimes it’s just nice to have you like this. You don’t understand. I love your hair. When will you be done…searches for the word..
Me: Transitioning? Soon, Honey. 6 months or so.
DH: Then you’ll let me play in your hair more?
Me: Sure, Honey. I wish I knew it was that much of a turn on.
DH: blushes… I’m a simple man, Ree….blah, blah,blah

Anyway, the long and short of it is, even though I know DH loves me no matter the state of my hair, I think I will make more of an effort to give him more access to it. Cupcake girl needs a break more often.

A little long winded, sorry :)

THis was Great very cute story!!! And Yup....they are pretty simple:yep: when it comes to what they like to see.... Glad you had a nice time and you took the time to make it happen like that!!! Very cute!!!

While coloring, it's loose and flowing. I love having my hair....well nevermind. And then afterwards, I always have a ponytail holder handy and my silk pillowcase, so I'll either put it in sloppy pony or bun or let it be.

Sometimes out if I really can't find anything to tie it up with laying close by, but I always try to put it in a bun. It just be tooooo all over the place- laying on it to much, all in his face, in my face, in our eyes and mouth, just a mess! Thats not sexy:nono:

If I'm getting fancy I'll wear it out and then come to bed with a ponytail holder on my wrist - then when it gets going i can just put it up quickly, no distractions, without him even realizing. Sometimes he'll even say "can u put ur hair up!" if I forget LOL.

OK I live with my natural hair in plaits or twists usually, but I can tell you, canerowed, bunned, bantu knotted, twistout, tied down, DCing with a cap... by the time we're through painting masterpieces, my hair knows only one style..... a loose crazy H-A-M!! :lol:

He likes to play in / pull / smell my hair. I love to let him! Ain't no way I would stop the action to tie my hair, however he is considerate enough to move my satin pillowcase around the bed/(room)s :lachen:

Last edited:
I'm experiencing a major DROUGHT so at this point in time....I couldn't give a **** about the hurr, No scarf for me!!! Hell, I'm willing to cut this mess off to get some!!!:lachen::lachen:

Rarely am I flat backing...so my hair stays out...loose....free...grabable (that's not a word but okay) afterwards I sleep on his chest so....

Funny thing about after sex hair....it always looks the prettiest....gotta figure out that one.

My hair isn't too long so I wear it down. Nuns give me a headache. But before I fall asleep I out it in to lose pigtails of lose pigtail buns.

Back