Ok So I need to ask this...Coloring and your Hair...

Hairstyles Before and After Coloring???

• Out and Flowing then Out and Flowing ( We like it Sessy)

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Out and Flowing then Bunned (Loosely or otherwise) ( (Sessy and Practical)

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Ponytail then Bunned (Loosely or otherwise) ( I need to conserve my style)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Bunned up then Readjusted Buns ( I'm a librarian at heart..JK people!!!)

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • A Doobie and a scarf....it really doesn't matter to the dude

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Wash &Go's/ Other ( Please describe)

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters

ccd

Wasn't sure at first if I should post in Hair Forum but as I wrote the title, I realize I would have gotten responses like..... " I use Clairol"...."No Not me, I use Cellophane or Relaxed and Beautiful Semi Perm"..... Well.... I'm not planning on coloring my hair:look: What I want to know is:

What in the Goodness of all things are Ya'll doin with your hair when coloring with your SO...........

Is it in Braids....Is it in a scarf? Wrapped? in a ponytail? Out flowing and blowing in the wind?

AND What are you doing with it afterwards? In a bun? Out and about looking whatever way it wants? Wash & Go?

I really want to know this, I've been pondering this for weeks and I did a search once and didn't find anything....( Please share thread if this has been asked already)

Thanks in Advance

ETA: Well. my answer would be most of the time ....Out if it was out to begin with then in a bun on top of head.... Then there are times when it's in a bun....then goes BAAAMMM! then .....goes back quietly into bun....

Last edited:
Out and flowing. If I'm wearing an updo at the time, I take it down and shake out my hair and give him that come hither look and proceed :kiss4:.

Last edited:
Down and flowing. If I'm wearing an updo at the time, I take it down and shake out my hair and give him that come hither look and proceed.

Nice!!! So after wards:drunk:...you don't tangles and stuff?? :ohwell: That's what I'm trying to figure out...prevention.....um reduction of....remedy to deal with! :lachen: Any tips would be appreciated....

Out and free! I hate wearing scarves as it is and I barely protective style. Plus I like when he runs his hands all through it, lol. I'll wrap it or fix it afterwards depending on what style I have going on.

Took me a minute to catch the Knocked Up reference. Ha. My hair's pretty short, so I just leave it out. Good question though, OP...

Nice!!! So after wards:drunk:...you don't tangles and stuff?? :ohwell: That's what I'm trying to figure out...prevention.....um reduction of....remedy to deal with! :lachen: Any tips would be appreciated....

My hair doesn't tangle much when it's dry, so I don't have any problems with tangles. I usually end up looking like a wild woman (depending on how crazy we get). I just run my fingers through my hair and all is good. Also my hair is trained due to me wearing it down almost daily. It just knows to act right or fall back into place.

If I had problems with tangles, I would bun my hair and call it a day.

Took me a minute to catch the Knocked Up reference. Ha. My hair's pretty short, so I just leave it out. Good question though, OP...

knocked up where, when, who, what?:lachen::lachen: did I mention being knocked up...let me re-read th.. st...mumbles along....

knocked up where, when, who, what?:lachen::lachen: did I mention being knocked up...let me re-read th.. st...mumbles along....

Haha, no. I messed up. I thought you meant the movie Knocked Up, but I just realized it's from SATC. Sorry, I get my movie references mixed up. I thought you were talking about hair colors at first! :nono:

While we are coloring I have it out and flowing so that he can enjoy it. My hair is APL now and I'm trying to grow it longer so that I can use it more creatively while we are coloring:blush:.

We usually snuggle for awhile aftewards, and then he falls asleep. I then get up to use the bathroom, but some moisturizer on my hair, loosely bun it and put my satin cap on.

Loose ponytail or down flowing. After..if it's bedtime, I'm putting on my scarf or whatever and calling it a night and if it's a quick morning session..I'm not taking off my scarf (thought it might come off anyway).

It depends... if my hair is wrapped up or I already have my scarf on, I'm not taking it off. However, if my hair is already loose, then so be it. Afterwards, I usually fall asleep and I'm not even thinking about fixing my hair. Sometimes he'll say "baby girl, you not gon' wrap your hair up"...

Free in all its napptural glory.

I just make sure I lay my head on that satin pillow before sleep or during intermissions. :grin:

If I have time I will wrap it up before hand. He doesn't like it, but I make up for it in other ways. If not then my hair is a tangled mess afterwards I put some moisture in it and bun it until I get home ( like if we go out for breakfast, shopping, etc). When I get home I put on some v05, detange, and wash.

dang.. i feel soo bad now.. i always wrap my hair. even if the session has started, i pause, and be like hold up, got to put my scarf on! there is no fixing my hair once the curls fall.:nono: no if its right before a wash, its wild and free!:drunk:

It depends... if my hair is wrapped up or I already have my scarf on, I'm not taking it off. However, if my hair is already loose, then so be it. Afterwards, I usually fall asleep and I'm not even thinking about fixing my hair. Sometimes he'll say "baby girl, you not gon' wrap your hair up"...

LOVE That!!!! ^^^^^ Awww looking out for his baby's hair:grin:

Free in all its napptural glory.

NICE!!!!NICE!!! NICE!!! Let the Good Times roll Huh???:lachen:

I just make sure I lay my head on that satin pillow before sleep or during intermissions. :grin:

I need to get a Travel pillow:lachen::lachen: with a satin case!!!

If I have time I will wrap it up before hand. He doesn't like it, but I make up for it in other ways. If not then my hair is a tangled mess afterwards I put some moisture in it and bun it until I get home ( like if we go out for breakfast, shopping, etc). When I get home I put on some v05, detange, and wash.

I would love to but it's just so strange for me to wrap my hair while the heat is on! I'll have to see what I can do "Close your eyes babe!" lolololol:drunk:

shoots i will leave my hair out and gets it going
Heeeeyyyy!!!

dang.. i feel soo bad now.. i always wrap my hair. even if the session has started, i pause, and be like hold up, got to put my scarf on! there is no fixing my hair once the curls fall.:nono: no if its right before a wash, its wild and free!:drunk:

Guuurrllll That is too cute!!! "TIME OUT!!!" I need to wrap my hair:grin:

Thanks Ladies!!!!!:yep::yep::yep:

I leave it down, then fix it afterwards. I have locks so I just fingercomb... though maybe I should wrap it up sometimes, cut down on the "Ow, you're on my hair!"

I leave it down, then fix it afterwards. I have locks so I just fingercomb... though maybe I should wrap it up sometimes, cut down on the "Ow, you're on my hair!"

:lachen: oH yeahhhh u remind me of this.... and sweating it up too,,,ANYway:look:

When I was coloring....I did the exact same thing!!

I really like the stories!!! Thanks!!

Well, keep um coming! The votes for other.............please e'splain:grin::grin::grin: Thanks!!!

I usually wear it out. Last time I had it in two braids but I won't be doing that anymore. This fool tried to use them as a harness :lol:

Is it just me, or does anyone want that waist length Flowerhair so I can shake it all out sexy during the coloring???

Sorry if TMI lol!

One guy I was with was a pure jerk. When we colored he loved my hair down, but right after I'm reaching for my scarf and he had the nerve to get mad and catch an attitude. After a while he just started acting funny with my buns and ish. I'm sorry, but I have to keep up on my regime!

Back