Ok Naturals....

NewYorkgyrl

How in the world do you get your hair into a smooth pony tail. Is a ponytail even possible on AIRDRIED natural hair (not straightened with a blowdryer but totally kinked up).

How in the world do you make a pony with a little a** scrunchie. As of right now I have such little relaxed hair left (I think it just falling out and breaking off) so alot of my hair is natural and I can't fit my hair intothose little hair things and accomplish a nice smooth pony tail.

I looked back on some post and it seems like everyone is using headbands and scarfs to push the hair back into a pony tail look. Is this true..because I am totally frustrated with this little ochless hair scrunchie.

Oh and I'm still tryin to figure out how to get my hair in the very front to lay down NOTHING is working, jam, gel, grease, tying my hair down...nothing is working

I only do it on wet hair, using Fantasia IC thick n' shine gel. I use regular sized ouchless ponytail holders for my low pony puffs.

I got my hair to lie completely down by rinsing it with very warm water in the evening, saturating with my butter oil mixture, then rinsing again with cool water to seal in the moisture. I put my hair in an elastic band in a high pony tail and put on a satin scarf overnight. The moisture, plus the tension from the elastic band, plus the scarf accomplishes this.

I mainly do mine on wet hair to reduce breakage. If I have to do it on dry hair for some reason, I detangle with a kkutter comb, apply myhoneychild's buttery soy cream, or qhemets heavy cream to the perimeter, and brush it back with a boar bristle/and or deman brush. Even if you dont want to wet your entire head, you still may want to mist it with some type of moisturizing spray/liquid leave in.

I think the key is to do it on wet hair. I was never able to get my daughters hair into a dry ponypuff.

Try wetting your hair well then applying your products
put your ponytail in and tie a scarf around the edges for a few min

If you don't want to wet your whole head try dipping your brush in a cup of warm water,apply your product then brush the edges back and tie it with a scarf

Section by section I smooth with natural brush(only when wet) With a bit of mango butter and of course I have conditioner in my hair. And after smoothing I put on my scarf for 15min. I tackle the hairline when I really want it smooth with a tooth brush. Works everytime.

A good gell if hair is shorter: Thick N Shine gel by IC fantasia...Hope this helps!

curlyj said:
Section by section I smooth with natural brush(only when wet) With a bit of mango butter and of course I have conditioner in my hair. And after smoothing I put on my scarf for 15min. I tackle the hairline when I really want it smooth with a tooth brush. Works everytime.

A good gell if hair is shorter: Thick N Shine gel by IC fantasia...Hope this helps!

What is a natural brush????

And when you apply mango butter to your hair that has conditioenr in it...are you talking about a leave-in conditioner?

Sorry about that...i meant, Boar bristle brush(doesn't work for everyone, but I love it) and yes a leave in conditioner- MNT or Aussie I leave those in- they give good slip and are great for strength and detangling. And mango butter is the last thing that I apply...goes right over the top(with special attention to edges and ends for moisture)....Here's a pic...Not so clear but you can kinda get an idea
142359576197_290vi-vi.jpg
142359590661_290vi-vi.jpg

curlyj said:
after smoothing I put on my scarf for 15min.
This what I do too and I put a bit of gel on the part I want smothed out. The only diference is I don't do mine on wet hair, I get alot of shrinkage.

I had that problem at first too but I finally figured it out. I put Mango Butter on first and then put the blue Fantasia gel on top and smooth with my hands. Works like a charm. It stays like that for a few days unless I pick at it or take it down.

nothing i do to lay my edges down works so i just gave up... i just wet my hair line and let it coil up so at least its defined instead of just fuzzy

I have found that IC thick and gel works really well! Especially if you use an old tooth brush for the very front. And the pantyhose tricks gets my hair into a very neat puff!

I have found that IC thick and gel works really well! Especially if you use an old tooth brush for the very front. And the pantyhose tricks gets my hair into a very neat puff!

Pantyhose trick??? What is that? And thanx for making this thread... I had this question too!!

I let my hair air dry in braids then I take them down. I gently comb through my hair and then put some castor oil on my hair, and brush my hair back. I secure it with a pony tail holder and then tie a scarf on. Q

Pantyhose trick??? What is that? And thanx for making this thread... I had this question too!!

I take a pantyhose and cut it, make a small knot at the end. Then I use that and put it around my head (at hairline) like if I am going to put on a bandana, crossing in the back and pulling it (this causes it to slide) to a point that I want my puff that day. And then tie it on the top. You can also do it the other way (tie in the back)

I hope I can get my new camera working soon so that I can eventually post pics.

If I want a REALLY cute big and curly pony tail I would just air dry just as I would a wash 'n go and then I would just pull it back into a ponytail. I usually just wrap it around twice because it looks cute when its not so tight/messy looking. Or when I don't have time to air dry I just pull it into a low side pony tail with a deep side part. I usually smooth it down with fantasia IC gell and make sure my hair is VERY damp to make my hair lie down flat. I usually smooth it down with a soft brush when it's very wet also!

I think the key is to do it on wet hair. I was never able to get my daughters hair into a dry ponypuff.

Try wetting your hair well then applying your products
put your ponytail in and tie a scarf around the edges for a few min

If you don't want to wet your whole head try dipping your brush in a cup of warm water,apply your product then brush the edges back and tie it with a scarf

Thats old skook right there :lachen: That takes me back. :yep:

I can only put my curly hair in a ponytail or clip when it is wet. The wetter, the better. I use a boar bristle brush to gently brush it into a ponytail. I have tried not using a brush, but my hair wasn't smooth. Just had lumps everywhere! I also have product in my hair when I put it in a ponytail.

nothing i do to lay my edges down works so i just gave up... i just wet my hair line and let it coil up so at least its defined instead of just fuzzy

i'm in the same boat. My edges have a mind of their own and no matter what type of gel or how much of it I use they still roll up...even if I tie it up overnight.

At this stage of my journey the only way to accomplish my bunny puff is on damp to wet hair.

I wet my hair completely and pull it into a pony tail using a thin head-band that I fold several times over. Then I smooth on the gel (Aloe Vera or IC) with my hands, and then re-tie it. I use a wet brush to smooth it and put my scarf on.

When I'm too lazy to completely wet my hair, I wet my hands scrunch my hair with water, and then I smooth it back into a pony tail. The remaining steps are the same as above.

I let my hair air dry in braids then I take them down. I gently comb through my hair and then put some castor oil on my hair, and brush my hair back. I secure it with a pony tail holder and then tie a scarf on. Q

That's similar to what I do. Stretch my hair somehow (braids, cornrow, bantu knots, twists). But instead of using a comb, I smooth it back with my hands. Note: I'm not going for the smooth look, so I don't use gel or a scarf.

lys

Ladies..that do it only when wet..how in da world does that happen? u must not get as much shrinkage as I do bcos as soon as water hits my hair...it shrinks something terrible:lachen:

I didn't read all the comments, but the only way I am able to get my hair into a ponytail is after I wash and after I've sectioned my hair and applied products to each section, then I'm able to brush it back with my denman brush, and smooth it over with gel. Fantasia gel is what I use to keep the front layed down.

Back