Ok Naturals....

Ladies..that do it only when wet..how in da world does that happen? u must not get as much shrinkage as I do bcos as soon as water hits my hair...it shrinks something terrible:lachen:

Strangely, water weighs my hair down. It starts to shrink up as it dries. So say if I went out with a wash and go in the morning, by the end of the day once it's dry it'll be more shrunken. I can pull my hair back when it's dry too but it takes more product. I prefer to do it on wet hair.

ETA: I only have about 50% shrinkage when my hair is wet.

Last edited:
Ladies..that do it only when wet..how in da world does that happen? u must not get as much shrinkage as I do bcos as soon as water hits my hair...it shrinks something terrible:lachen:

It shrinks, yes... but the good thing with wet hair is you can oversaturate the product you apply, which can help loosen curls and then you slick and apply it down. Then the reshrinkage occurs...

What kind of brush do you all use to get the edges neat?

I have found that I don't really need to use one anymore. But if needed, I take an old tooth brush and some IC thick and shine gel....works like a charm!

Sometimes I also have to put on a headscarf for like 10min to get the little hairs to lay down.

I have found that I don't really need to use one anymore. But if needed, I take an old tooth brush and some IC thick and shine gel....works like a charm!

Sometimes I also have to put on a headscarf for like 10min to get the little hairs to lay down.

Thanks! I just brought some IC today, ive never used it before.

I haven't tried to make just on puff... I don't think my hair is long enough yet, so I'm going to wait another month. But I can make two. I could never ever dream of doing it on dry hair... I'm tenderheaded... so it just seems painful. Maybe when my hair is longer and I can just gather it without brushing I might try. Anyway... I leave a little bit of conditioner in my hair and with my fingers I rake through some Fantasia gel while its soaking wet, then I pull it into two puffs. I use my Denman brush to smooth out the top and it actually makes my puffs look larger than when I use a natural brush.

I've never done a puff/ponytail on hair that is completely dry. I don't think I could get my hair to lay down that way. :ohwell:

If my hair is dry, I wet the front of my hair a little, apply products, smooth w/ boar bristle brush, then tie with a scarf. It takes about a minute. :yep:

HTH!

I only do pony puffs on wet/damp hair. I'm on a no heat regimen (my hair, for some odd reason, doesn't respond well to heat, so I don't use it:nono:), so I style my hair while it's wet. In the winter, I style it at night, when I wake up, I lightly spray it with some leave in conditioner and fluff out the shrunken ends. Right now I'm hooked on Soft Sheen Carson's StaySoftFro leave in conditioning spray.

Last edited:
Strangely, water weighs my hair down. It starts to shrink up as it dries. So say if I went out with a wash and go in the morning, by the end of the day once it's dry it'll be more shrunken. I can pull my hair back when it's dry too but it takes more product. I prefer to do it on wet hair.

ETA: I only have about 50% shrinkage when my hair is wet.

The same for me but i have 80% shrinkage when dry

Back