Ok Ladies, which one??

godzooki

Well, I'm doing the deed tomm. morning and I'm really disapointed in the fact that I waited until today to go to Sallys. I was so sure that they would have a great selection of relaxers...NOT!!!
I had wanted the ORS LYE relaxer but all they had was the NO_LYE REGULAR. They did have a LYE Silk Elements but it too was REGULAR strength... Torn, I got both to mull over. I called my old stylist to find out if she used LYE or NO-LYE on me and her assistant told me she used LYE and that there was no such thing as NO-LYE, hey, I'm just reading the package and trying to save my hair! Does it matter if you go from LYE to NO-LYE?? Will my hair fall out because of unknowingly or knowingly switching?
Also, she said she used mild on me. I could not find mild
in those two brands! (as I said, crappy Sallys!) Will using the regular/normal strength be ok if I add a few tbl of olive oil to it? Which of the two I bought should I go with?
I did get the silk elements neutralizing shampoo for either choice because I HAD NO CHOICE! It was the only neutralizing shampoo I could find!! I obviously went to the wrong Sallys!

Well, I'm doing the deed tomm. morning and I'm really disapointed in the fact that I waited until today to go to Sallys. I was so sure that they would have a great selection of relaxers...NOT!!!
I had wanted the ORS LYE relaxer but all they had was the NO_LYE REGULAR. They did have a LYE Silk Elements but it too was REGULAR strength... Torn, I got both to mull over. I called my old stylist to find out if she used LYE or NO-LYE on me and her assistant told me she used LYE and that there was no such thing as NO-LYE, hey, I'm just reading the package and trying to save my hair! Does it matter if you go from LYE to NO-LYE?? Will my hair fall out because of unknowingly or knowingly switching?
Also, she said she used mild on me. I could not find mild
in those two brands! (as I said, crappy Sallys!) Will using the regular/normal strength be ok if I add a few tbl of olive oil to it? Which of the two I bought should I go with?
I did get the silk elements neutralizing shampoo for either choice because I HAD NO CHOICE! It was the only neutralizing shampoo I could find!! I obviously went to the wrong Sallys!

I would use the Silk elements just because it is lye. I use ORS Lye and have tried the ORS no-lye which is a good relaxer but my hair doesn't like no-lye. Hair because too dry with no lye so that is why I would chose any lye over a good no - lye

HTH

ok. I'll use the silk elements then. For the protein cond. before neutralizing shampoo do you think Joico K-pak is too strong?

ok. I'll use the silk elements then. For the protein cond. before neutralizing shampoo do you think Joico K-pak is too strong?

I don't think the K-pak would be too strong. Just to be sure, you can mix it with a cheapie. I use motions silk protein or motions neutralizing conditoner inbetween

I like the ORS no lye. It comes with the ORS Replenish Pak which is great. I leave it on for a couple of hours after I shampoo and my hair is like silk.

Back