Ok Ladies, this one is for the "Big Girls".....

I have taken shots in my towel. I don't like showing back fat. I feel comfortable with me. I do sometimes think my hair would appear longer if I had a smaller back. I am plus size wearing size 12/14.

Don't worry about folks on this board. Just do you.

Yea, um I'm 4'11" and big

1. Do you ever feel self-conscience about posting pics on here in your bra or tank top?
I will never do that so no need to feel self conscience.

2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller?
I think that has more to do with my huge head.

3. Do you feel that your hair would look longer at any length if you were smaller.
I have a huge head so I don't know that it really applies.

4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger?
I've heard this but not true for me bc again I have a huge head and fat chipmunk cheeks. I think short hair draws attention to my fat face. Just like I think bunning does too but I gotta do what I gotta do.

If any of these questions apply to you, please explain your answer. Thanks Ladies:yep:

I am so jealous of your gorgeous braidouts!:yawn: OK, done whining:grin:Your hair is gorgeous and so are you. The heck with what other people think. I'm a size 18, and people think I should stick with short hair. I am just going to do something I want to do. Grow natural long hair. They don't like it...tough!:lachen:

I'm 5'7" and an 18/20

1. Do you ever feel self-conscience about posting pics on here in your bra or tank top?

I think i did a "Behind the head shot" once in a tank. I dont consider myself self conscience though.

2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller?

Nope...hair is hair.

3. Do you feel that your hair would look longer at any length if you were smaller.

Nope.

4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger?

No. I have had short hair and right now my hair is almost teetering on BSL. Whatever length it has been, people always said it looks nice.

I am 5ft 6" size 18/20.

lol you really want them to boot me off here....:yep:

Me personally, it's all about thickness rather than length. But yeah BSl would look different on someone more petite than I.

Not sure as I have a large head period.

No not really, but some large females can pull off a short haircut, but moi :nono:. Let's not forget some big girls have slim faces and some have not.

If any of these questions apply to you, please explain your answer. Thanks Ladies:yep:

Your welcome.
[/quote]

:lachen::lachen:

Silkii: I say this in the most loving way humanly possibly. Shut up, you crazy girl! You don't need to feel self-conscious at all because you are you! ***** people can snap pics all day and post them on the moon, why should you feel self-conscious about some back fat!:lachen:

Shoot! You don't see me losin' my mind off the 40˚ curve in my spine, do ya?:lachen: I'm crooked, so what!:lachen:

I am so jealous of your gorgeous braidouts!:yawn: OK, done whining:grin:Your hair is gorgeous and so are you. The heck with what other people think. I'm a size 18, and people think I should stick with short hair. I am just going to do something I want to do. Grow natural long hair. They don't like it...tough!:lachen:
Thanks Hun!

Silkii: I say this in the most loving way humanly possibly. Shut up, you crazy girl! You don't need to feel self-conscious at all because you are you! ***** people can snap pics all day and post them on the moon, why should you feel self-conscious about some back fat!:lachen:

Shoot! You don't see me losin' my mind off the 40˚ curve in my spine, do ya?:lachen: I'm crooked, so what!:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hello! I'm not sure if I'm still considered a big girl. I'm 5' 7 1/2" and I used to be a size 28 at my heaviest, but I stayed for the longest at a size 20/22. Now I'm a size 14, but I spent most of my life as a big girl so I want to answer the questions :grin:.

1. Do you ever feel self-conscience about posting pics on here in your bra or tank top? Yes. I usually crop the photos so that only what's necessary shows and non of my "wobbly bits" do, lol.
2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller? When I reached apl I was about a size 18/20 (I believe) and my hair seemed so short compared to others who had reached apl at that time.
3. Do you feel that your hair would look longer at any length if you were smaller. To me my hair would look longer because when you're a bit bigger things don't look as they appear. Your hair may appear to be a short but it's actually apl, at least that's how it was for me.
4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? NO!! I looked so weird when I had my hair cut short. To me when big girls have longer hair it makes them look better, especially if they have round faces. I had a very round face and when I had short hair it (to me) it made my face appear even more round. Long hair disguises a lot of things, lol.

Thanks for your response and congrats on your weight loss!!

Hi Ladies,

First let me start off by saying that I am a plus-sized woman, I'm 5"8" and a size 24 The reason for this post is to find out if there are anymore plus sized ladies who share some of the same feelings as I do.

1. Do you ever feel self-conscience about posting pics on here in your bra or tank top? Sometimes, but only because my hair isn't where I want it to be:ohwell:
2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller? Yes, this is why I started low carbing yesterday until I reach a size I'm comfortable with.
3. Do you feel that your hair would look longer at any length if you were smaller. Yes
4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? No. I think short hair will make me look bigger :spinning::nono:

Im 5'7 and where 13/14 in most jeans

I understand how you feel. For a long time I wanted long hair because I thought it would thin me out. But to answer your questions, they go as follows:

I feel very self-conscience posting pictures of myself period. I do a lot of cropping and that still, does not hide my size.
I think BSL (or any length for that matter) looks longer on smaller women unless they hair is extremely full.
I'm not sure.
No one has ever said either to me.

Girlie! Have you looked in the mirror lately? You are beautiful! One big girl to the other..."Don't let anyone tell you anything different, you are beautiful, short hair, long hair, whatever!

I just want somebody to tell me where to get a Growth Measurment T Shirt that will be made for me and my "Big Girl Beauty" :grin: Keep Grow'in Girl don't you dare believe that "Longer Hair makes Big Girls look bigger" Sounds like ...envy to me :spinning:

Yes I do!

Yes! I thought it was just me.

Yes I do
4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? I've heard it all and got so confused till I ended up wearing a phonytail for 8 years now.

Girlie! Have you looked in the mirror lately? You are beautiful! One big girl to the other..."Don't let anyone tell you anything different, you are beautiful, short hair, long hair, whatever!

I just want somebody to tell me where to get a Growth Measurment T Shirt that will be made for me and my "Big Girl Beauty" :grin: Keep Grow'in Girl don't you dare believe that "Longer Hair makes Big Girls look bigger" Sounds like ...envy to me :spinning:

Thank you Sweetie!:grin: And I think you can pm justkiya for the shirts, I think.:perplexed

Yes I do!

Yes! I thought it was just me.

Yes I do
4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? I've heard it all and got so confused till I ended up wearing a phonytail for 8 years now.

I thought it was just me too, that's why I posted this. And like I said I have friends who have told me their stylist or family members told them they need short hair but I have never given in to that. That's one thing I was adamant about.:yep:

Thank you Sweetie!:grin: And I think you can pm justkiya for the shirts, I think.:perplexed

Oh, no, not me! the mod, DontSpeakDefeat sells them, and SouthernTease does as well - I think you have to PM her. :yep:

I got mine from DSD. It's quite nice.

I'm 5'4 and a size 24/26. I've never had long hair. Now I really want to go natural but I'm so afraid of how a TWA will look on me. I feel like it's going to make my face look like a fat bowling ball...lol... I've been searching for images of plus size women with TWA's and have been unsuccessful. So for right now I'm just going to keep it braider for a year and hopefully by then, I'll be confident enough to do it..lol

4. Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger?

WHAT??? That would be too rude and I don't believe hair makes a person look smaller or bigger. Maybe I'm missing something on that one. I say do what you feel and be bold with it. :grin:

This is me too! I think I'm going to just bypass midback all together and go straight to WSL. My bra strap is just that big!

Yes.this is me.when I was a size 6 my bra size was 44 DD..These girls will always be with me at any size and I will always be in a thick strapped bra.

I'm 5'4 and a size 24/26. I've never had long hair. Now I really want to go natural but I'm so afraid of how a TWA will look on me. I feel like it's going to make my face look like a fat bowling ball...lol... I've been searching for images of plus size women with TWA's and have been unsuccessful. So for right now I'm just going to keep it braider for a year and hopefully by then, I'll be confident enough to do it..lol

You sound like my sister she was 5'10" and wore a 20 and always thought that short hair made her head look like a round ball or a peanut. Actually it's not the hair length or your size I think it's more of what fits your bone structure. With my long head, hair at my neck makes me look like a long headed alien. So I think I would rather have the round ball:lachen:
Work the yabba dabba doo - no what your size sistahs.
bighair.gif

Girl, go to nappturality.com and check out the NappSnaps/Gallery - there are plenty of fly looking big gurls with TWA's over there - and as an above poster said, it really does depend on the shape of y our face.

*think* I think there is also taaz.com - you can experiment with different hairdos, there, if I'm remembering the website right.

yes and that's why I don't
2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller? No
Yes
4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? I wish someone would:boxing:.

I have seen the comments about backfat here so that's why I am keeping my BSL updates to myself. Maybe I'll figure out something in Dec. I like to save my backfat for my mens anyway.

I am thinking so. On me BSL looks APL to me.

Probably

4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? No. My mom told me that long hair with layers makes me look VaVavoom. When I had a short bob wig this summer men were all over me and women always complimented me. So I don't know. I am told I have a face to pull off multiple hairstyles.

First of all -- Silkiilocks, your hair is very vibrant and beautiful! Secondly, feel good about the skin your in. I'm a big girl too, got bread rolls for days -- size 16 but ima work wit what I got. I'm short 5'2" 1/2 and 180+. I realize that I can't squeeze my big a!$ into any of my size 10s or 12s or 14s right now but I remain positive. I keeps hope alive!! One of these days it's gonna happen for me. I keep tellin myself "Yes I Can!"

Sometimes which is why i doubt i'll post pics when i do reach BSL. I'm a size 26, 5'6
2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller? Yes i do. It seems so much shorter on a bigger person than a smaller person
3. Do you feel that your hair would look longer at any length if you were smaller. I do think that current length APL, would look longer if i was smaller, but then again, i could be hair anorexic.
4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? My mom says this all the time. But i like long hair so i'll keep growing until "I" decide to stop.

Last edited:
silkii_locks, your hair is beautiful..:blush:

1. Do you ever feel self-conscience about posting pics on here in your bra or tank top? Yes, I barely like looking at myself let alone letting anyone else see....lol

2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller? I don't think it will look the same. Thats why my goal is shoulder length unstretched.

3. Do you feel that your hair would look longer at any length if you were smaller. No.

4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? No. But my sister hated my hair when I BCd. She said my head looked bigger with short hair. She likes it better now that its grown out.

I'm 5´8" about a size 14/16 down from a size 28

Yes. I've taken two pics in my bra, but I keep them in my photo album.

Yes I think it will. Being tall also has something to do with that too, my BSL is a shorter woman's waist length.

Yes.

Yes, and I fell for the okey doke. :ohwell: I kept a short, relaxed cut for a few years and now I cringe when I look at the pictures. I did BC down to an inch and that somehow didn't look as frightful as that Halle cut.

silkii_locks, your hair is beautiful..:blush:

1. Do you ever feel self-conscience about posting pics on here in your bra or tank top? Yes, I barely like looking at myself let alone letting anyone else see....lol

2. Do you feel that BSL and beyond on you does not look the same as BSL on someone much smaller? I don't think it will look the same. Thats why my goal is shoulder length unstretched.

3. Do you feel that your hair would look longer at any length if you were smaller. No.

4 Has anyone ever told you that "Big Girls" look better with short hair or long hair makes you look bigger? No. But my sister hated my hair when I BCd. She said my head looked bigger with short hair. She likes it better now that its grown out.

Don't feel that way, sis! Look in the mirror and love what you see. Love every bit of you, jiggling parts and all :lachen:. There's no one else on earth that's quite like you :yep:...:bighug:.

Back