OK JBCO IS WEIRD!

@ the bolded :sekret

Honeyfig and Sams sell the exact same brand...Honeyfig is just more expensive by 2 dollars. :rolleyes: and their "express mail" is is priority mail via the USPS. :rolleyes: won't be messin wit Honeyfig no more :down::nono:

oh ok thats good to know. Sams was sold out so I didnt even compare just moved on to get some, thanks for letting us know:yep:

It's a staple of mine for over a year now and I use it for prepoos and sealing. It's the bestest on my edges and the length of my hair when I wet bun. I use it over or under (depends on my mood) IC on my edges and rub the excess on my hair. Once in a pony, I take a bit more in my palm, rub together then smooth down my ponytail and brush thru w/my denman. I then either tuck, braid or twist my bun. I end up molesting my bun all day because it's so soft and once it's dry, it isn't tacky/sticky feeling at all. Wet hair is key.

Irresistible I looked it up and yup, it's the EXACT same stuff as Sams, the "Tropic Isle" brand. I see that Honeyfig carries several people's stuff...like Stephanie's "Hairobics" and Cathy Howse's "UBH", so I figure they just bulk ordered from Sams. Sams beats 'em by about $3 cuz they import direct, so next time wait! LOL In your case, even if you give some to Platinum, your grandkids will be using some of this haul! ;)

The stuff I mentioned from Ebay can be gotten here: http://tinyurl.com/5c29v3

If I were you, I might think of keeping 1 bottle and selling/giving the other two either in smaller bits or as whole bottles. Lots of people here want to try this w/o buying the whole 8oz, so sample sizing it would be of interest...you can get some money back since you went whole hog! LOL

Last edited:
Irresistible I looked it up and yup, it's the EXACT same stuff as Sams, the "Tropic Isle" brand. I see that Honeyfig carries several people's stuff...like Stephanie's "Hairobics" and Cathy Howse's "UBH", so I figure they just bulk ordered from Sams. Sams beats 'em by about $3 cuz they import direct, so next time wait! LOL In your case, even if you give some to Platinum, your grandkids will be using some of this haul! ;)

The stuff I mentioned from Ebay can be gotten here: http://tinyurl.com/5c29v3

If I were you, I might think of keeping 1 bottle and selling/giving the other two either in smaller bits or as whole bottles. Lots of people here want to try this w/o buying the whole 8oz, so sample sizing it would be of interest...you can get some money back since you went whole hog! LOL
hey girl, so we did get the same stuff? well I'm keeping it, If I were to give any to Platinum it would be for free, but I got two heads of hair here, if my daughter likes this stuff its gonna go quick. I think its a keeper:yep:

its different, but with some tweaking I think I'm gonna like it, this is something I have a feeling is always good to have around.

even using less of this stuff with two head and the softness it delievers its gonna be gone ....

platinum sweetie , you know I would have had your back if this stuff didnt work out for me :kiss:

It's a staple of mine for over a year now and I use it for prepoos and sealing. It's the bestest on my edges and the length of my hair when I wet bun. I use it over or under (depends on my mood) IC on my edges and rub the excess on my hair. Once in a pony, I take a bit more in my palm, rub together then smooth down my ponytail and brush thru w/my denman. I then either tuck, braid or twist my bun. I end up molesting my bun all day because it's so soft and once it's dry, it isn't tacky/sticky feeling at all. Wet hair is key.

Thank you for that information mama! Its very helpful

thank you to everyone that responded about this stuff, because for reals it was a strange experience. this is unlike any other oil I've ever used:yep:

Hmmmm....JBCO. I wonder how that would do in my hair...

ETA~ Already a regular castor oil user. I use thick oils like these to slick my hair and make it "stick" together.

Hmmmm....JBCO. I wonder how that would do in my hair...

ETA~ Already a regular castor oil user. I use thick oils like these to slick my hair and make it "stick" together.

@ your edit: ohhh then maybe it wont be so weird for you as it was for me, you will like it alot then:yep:

Yeah, my coconut, my dear wonderful lovely coconut oil is my staple. It's wayyyyy too light to use to slick this hair down! My hair sucks coconut oil right down...*burp*

:lachen: Sounds like my hair, it just thirsts for it and drinks it all up, but it does have some hold or it helps , with conditioner especially

Yeah, my coconut, my dear wonderful lovely coconut oil is my staple. It's wayyyyy too light to use to slick this hair down! My hair sucks coconut oil right down...*burp*

Hmm... glad I saw this, I'm planning to buy some JBCO next week from sams247.com. I usually mix my regular castor oil in my hand with coconut oil before I put it on my hair to "thin" it out a bit...

I received the other Jamaican black cator oil I got from Ebay today and it's exactly as I expected. It stinks FAR more than the pure "Tropic Isle" stuff, but it had tea tree and hemp oils included, so that's to be expected. The consistency is thinner than the straight castor oil, so if you can stand the smell, it'll be nice to cut the original w/.

Yup...this product is REAL JBCO too, it's simply used as a carrier to make a great hair tonic. LO...I can smell the distinct JBCO scent even under the other strong EO smells. Irresistible this is, as you say, a very strange oil indeed. Definitely worth playing w/ by itself and diluted, IMHO. If your daughter has hair anything like yours, y'all will get rid of this stuff before long even diluted! ;)

This Ebay stuff has JBCO, sunflower oil, olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, wheatgerm oil, jojoba oil, tea tree EO, hemp seed extract, rosemary seed extract, and vitamin E oil. It's 2 oz for $3 and I think this and Sams will mix nicely. (the link is on this thread, so go back)

Last edited:
I received the other Jamaican black cator oil I got from Ebay today and it's exactly as I expected. It stinks FAR more than the pure "Tropic Isle" stuff, but it had tea tree and hemp oils included, so that's to be expected. The consistency is thinner than the straight castor oil, so if you can stand the smell, it'll be nice to cut the original w/.

Yup...this product is REAL JBCO too, it's simply used as a carrier to make a great hair tonic. LO...I can smell the distinct JBCO scent even under the other strong EO smells. Irresistible this is, as you say, a very strange oil indeed. Definitely worth playing w/ by itself and diluted, IMHO. If your daughter has hair anything like yours, y'all will get rid of this stuff before long even diluted! ;)

This Ebay stuff has JBCO, sunflower oil, olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, wheatgerm oil, jojoba oil, tea tree EO, hemp seed extract, rosemary seed extract, and vitamin E oil. It's 2 oz for $3 and I think this and Sams will mix nicely. (the link is on this thread, so go back)

Wow girl thats all good stuff in that! :yep:

UM? I knew it was you.....

I went to Sams 24 7 yesterday to get some of this stuff and they are all out o stock:blush:

I WANT ONE OF DEM BOTTLES .....:lick:.

Yall always buying up errthang...:wallbash:
hehe gurl@ stop :wallbash: and go to honeyfig.com they sell the same oil, Sams was sold out when I went to buy it too, so it *wasnt me*, hehe I went on and ordered elsewhere

See! It kinda just works itself out. I love it. That softness is what gets me to molesting my hair every time :lachen:
you were right girl! and your also right about this being good for the edges:yep:

I think I will use this oil as an occasional treatment full strength
other times. when I want some 'hold' will use it as a dressing with other oils/products
and put a little in my conditioners here and there

oh yeah this sticky icky oily syrup is going to get alot of good use :grin:

Last edited:
DAYUM! I'm on a don't buy anything challenge and I'm aching to order and try this! Hurry up October 1st! EGAD!
ahh whats a challenge , not like it cant be broken :lachen:

no , I will promote you sticking with it , you did it for a reason right?

I'm on a buy nothing challenge too, the buy nothing 'as soon as I get this and that' challenge :wallbash:

I'm glad it worked out so well for you Iris. I figure this is a nice one, but to be used carefully. LOL...it costs too much other wise. Def try it on your edges, ends, and nape. Nice stuff...thumbs up!

update

this oil is highly absorbable, I dont even feel it in my hair hardly at all now and I used lots! its just soft:yep:
Glad it worked for you. I was coming back to see your update. I have had this oil forever and didnt like it because it was sticky icky. Used it once and never pulled it out again.

Thanks Bint and Eisani. I am going to try it out using ur methods. :up:

Last edited:
Glad it worked for you. I was coming back to see your update. I have had this oil forever and didnt like it because it was sticky icky. Used it once and never pulled it out again.

Thanks Bint and Eisani. I am going to try it out using or methods. :up:

I'm still going to try it on wet hair

But I more plan to us it as overnight Pre CW treatment , I dont like how it feels in my hair *sticky/tacky/heavy* , but since I do like what it does to/for my hair *softness* , this is one way to reap the benefits without having it in my hair

I'm sticking with coconut oil for a leave in oil, this as a treatment or when I want to lay down my edges with oily syrup :lachen:

Last edited:
^^ Let us know how it works as a pre poo for CW. I might just try it on my length as a pre poo. I suspect it's too heavy for a regular hairdress oil. I'm curious to know if it'll come out properly w/o shampoo due to it's "cling".

^^ Let us know how it works as a pre poo for CW. I might just try it on my length as a pre poo. I suspect it's too heavy for a regular hairdress oil. I'm curious to know if it'll come out properly w/o shampoo due to it's "cling".

Hey girly!

yeah I'm thinking from how this behaved in my hair that it should be fine used this way, within two/three days it absorbed ALOT , it was still in there but alot less and I USED GOBS of it. I usually do up to 3 Conditioning sessions anyway, when I really wanna (or need) to get my hair extra clean. I am sure that will do the job. yeah girl , on that 'cling' I could see how you would wonder or be concerned. But methinks *hehe* it will be fine this way

but!, I will report back anyway, right now I'm at the start of CW'ing the first time, so far so good

Your hair needs to be really wet.

Try putting on right after you wash/rinse and plait your hair up for the nite. Take it down and you will be loving it!
I wish I could thank you 101 times for this advice!!

I tried it and my hair loves it this way. When I took my hair down the next day, my curls were beautiful!

Isis....Thanks for starting this thread.
Eisani......Thanks for coming in and explaining how this product works for you. I have noticed our hair likes the same products pretty much.

Thanks ladies. :grouphug:

Back