ok it is official my hair is breaking!!

asummertyme

pleezze help, i need to stop it now, i just had my hair relaxed with percise and low and behold just what everyone said, this relaxer is breaking my hair...i just had a wash and set today and i usually have little or no breakedge, but today my hair is just breaking...i had about 20 broken stands just now finger combing thru...i just deep conditioned today...but i did not do a protien..what should i use and what brand will be best...pleeze help!!!

my stylist reccomended it to me, and i thought it was ok until today my hair is breaking...i dunno...may hair is dryer than normal too....im scared....i hope my hair does not fall out....

Yes, I would try the protein treatment and follow it up with a a deep moisturizing conditioner. Use heat or wrap hair in a towel to allow the conditioner to penetrate deeply.

I wonder if my hair has been breaking a lot too? What does a "lot" of breakage look like? Is it normal for hair to come out when you wash and condition? If so, how much is okay?

i am still unsure about that but normally i get a few strands that break but not many, maybe 5 or 6....as far as shedding goes that i dont worry about..but breakedge...im scared. i combed it out 2 day and it seems to be a little better than last night, maybe it was too dry yesterday, but i will keep it very moisturised 2day , and buy some aphogee today and put it in 2nite after i get back from work....
what r some other good protiens to use....

Aphogee is good but stinks to high heaven. Nexxus emergencee is really good. I have used this before and it stopped my breakage, does not stink and does not get hard on the hair. Make sure to use a moisturizing conditioner after your protein. Then maybe put your hair in a protective no touch style for a couple days.

[ QUOTE ]
Cami said:
I wonder if my hair has been breaking a lot too? What does a "lot" of breakage look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that everyone gets SOME breakage. A lot, to me, would be anything more than what I normally get. For instance, if I all of a sudden start noticing more short strands of hair falling into the sink or onto the floor when I comb my hair. Also check your clothes. A lot of short strands on your back & shoulders can signal trouble.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Cami said:
I wonder if my hair has been breaking a lot too? What does a "lot" of breakage look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

So are long strands okay? I never see short ones, there all medium to long strands and when I rinse my hair after I wash and condition, I see a lot of these long strands. Is that okay? Thanks!

I think that everyone gets SOME breakage. A lot, to me, would be anything more than what I normally get. For instance, if I all of a sudden start noticing more short strands of hair falling into the sink or onto the floor when I comb my hair. Also check your clothes. A lot of short strands on your back & shoulders can signal trouble.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Back