Ok Chemistry Girls

Aminos are a group of 20 different types of molecules that link together in long chains to form proteins. THey are often called the 'building blocks of proteins' and the structure or chains they form tells the function of that particular protein. 9 of these proteins(aminos) are naturally produced by the human body but the other 11 we gain thru our food intake. Proline is an amino when combined with sodium PCA gives great moisture retention and absorption in skin. It is an amino of collogen(from meat)...it helps makes joints, tendons, connective tissues and cartilage stronger. I hope this helps.:)

Showoff! Just kidding! :lachen: I just wanted to say that I am very very impressed! U are very knowledgeable.

Alli77 said:
Aminos are a group of 20 different types of molecules that link together in long chains to form proteins. THey are often called the 'building blocks of proteins' and the structure or chains they form tells the function of that particular protein. 9 of these proteins(aminos) are naturally produced by the human body but the other 11 we gain thru our food intake. Proline is an amino when combined with sodium PCA gives great moisture retention and absorption in skin. It is an amino of collogen(from meat)...it helps makes joints, tendons, connective tissues and cartilage stronger. I hope this helps.:)

Back