Cantu Shea Butter (Grow Strong strengthening treatment)

Has anyone used the GROW STRONG on hair then covered hair with plastic bag at night? I purchased this at Walmart prior to reading about it on the board.

I picked this up in the summer and I had not heard too much raving about it, I have been using it ever since this line is soooooooo great. I have the shampoo, conditioner, oil sheen and leave-in. The smell lasts for a while and is very pleasant. I have noticed my hair changing to be much more softer and easier to handle. I especially love the leave-in. The shampoo could lather more for me though.

CynamonKis said:
Has anyone used the GROW STRONG on hair then covered hair with plastic bag at night? I purchased this at Walmart prior to reading about it on the board.

I tried it with the Break Cure, which I love. It made my hair feel so soft and moisturized the next day. I love this stuff!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

I ALMOST picked it up when I was at a Walmart in MD the other weekend....trying HARD not to give in!

I love the Cantu products.

I'm confused as to how I'm suppose to use the Break Cure Treatment. Do I put it on as a deep conditioner and then wash it out? I use the Grow Strong treatment on hair and scalp and love it.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
I'm sorry guys but I have to make a correction... I have the Cantu Break Cure Strengthening Treatment . Not the "Grow Strong" treatment. I'm not sure what difference there is between the two products but I just wanted to clarify this.

Also...some of the ingredients are:

Water (aqua) --the first ingredient, polyquarternium-37, butyrospermium parkii (Shea Butter), propylene glycol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, fragrance (parfum), propylene gylcol. Also included is Hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydrolyzed collagen, panthenol, etc. Corn oil, lanolin, keratin, and some other stuff I can't even pronounce! LOL* :lol:

But I didn't see any mineral oil listed, unless there is another more "scientific" name for it.

It has a lot of unnatural products.

divinefavor said:
I can't find it here in Georgia. Walmart near my house only sales the Oil Sheen.

Every beauty supply I got into nowadays seems to be selling this. Except for sallys. Try you local BSS

sassyhair said:
Every beauty supply I got into nowadays seems to be selling this. Except for sallys. Try you local BSS

Thanks Sassyhair!

I went to my regular BSS and she had never heard of it. But, she's going to look into getting it. I'll check the others around here this weekend.

I've tried the Grow Strong and the leave in conditioner, and ended up passing the leave in conditioner off to my mom. :ohwell: I kept the grow strong and diluted it with a ton of water-- now its great! It was just too paste-like before:D *sigh* I still can't find the moisturizer in my area.

I use the Breakcure moisturizer as my staple moisturizer and its great, very moisurizing and silkening. I like the Repair Leave in Creme too, sometimes it's too heavy though. It kinda sucks that everything is $5.99 at the only shop I can find it at though.

divinefavor said:
Thanks Sassyhair!

I went to my regular BSS and she had never heard of it. But, she's going to look into getting it. I'll check the others around here this weekend.

Yea I would keep looking at various beauty supply stores, I haven't seen this line available for purchase online.

The only place I see it online is at Walgreens. It's ashame that the Cantu site doesn't even have a "contact us" feature so we could ask.

Kat

kitkat3ny said:
The only place I see it online is at Walgreens. It's ashame that the Cantu site doesn't even have a "contact us" feature so we could ask.

Kat

I was looking for the contact information on the Cantu site as well. I even did a search on the internet for the company's name and there wasn't much information.

You may want to start with their parent company and go from there:

Advanced Beauty Systems Inc.
10 Akerley Boulevard
Dartmouth, NS
B3B1J4 Map

Telephone: (902) 468-3431

Here's another addy in Texas, no phone number though

Advanced Beauty Systems, Inc

4445 Mcfarlin Blvd
Dallas, TX

Last edited:
You're welcome! It's not much to go on though, it's confusing that they don't have their own website. :cool:

I just purchased the Grow Strong Stengthening Treatment at Kroger. I was surprised to see it, this was the only product they had from the Cantu line.

ETA: It was $3.99 at Kroger, I'm not sure of the price in other stores.

I purchased the break cure conditioner at walmart last night for 4.23 but I noticed it has the exact same ingredients as my leave-in conditioner from cantu, with the exception of maybe two. You think Walmart would let me return it.?

I have seen the entire line at CVS. I was going to purchase this, but the packaging is ugly to me. After the reviews here, I may have to try it!!!

I just bought this at Walgreens tonight on sale for $3.99 I bought all 4 jars they had left :)......OFF to go wash my hair and try it out....I'll be back with an update......

StephyPoo said:
I just bought this at Walgreens tonight on sale for $3.99 I bought all 4 jars they had left :)......OFF to go wash my hair and try it out....I'll be back with an update......

OK UM....it was just OK on my natural hair (3-4 inches), I used it right after I washed my hair, took some time to soak in.....Overall opinion after I use up all 4 jars :( I probably will not buy again.....are most of you guys relaxed-the ones with the positive results?? :( on a happier note I found 2 bottles of the original surge 14 revitalizer the one with the Aloe Vera in it) sooo my trip to Walgreen's wasn't a total waste of time :)

Back