Oils, Conditioners, Water Oh My Naturals

Krymsonkween

Do you use condishioner daily to moisturize?

Do you wash 2-3x per week?

Do you use oils daily?

Do you spritz with water or glycerin and or both daily?

How many products do you ise daily and how often ?

I am trying to get away from the conditioner and oils daily. I exercise 2x per week and I use a raw shea butter soap bar 2xper week with frankincence and myrrh. I then just use the same mix (without the soap of course) daily with a spritz of water and that is only to get my hair from being flat.

My hair seems fine no problems I don't comb or brush that is all I do. I want to get away from so much stuff, gel/kcc, conditioners, oil and all of that.

It seems my hair needs washing more often when I use all of that other stuff and it does not smell good. I love to have nice smelling hair. The raw shea butter frankincense and myrrh levae my hair smell so good.

PS I am 4a

Thanks in advance..

file_489c89132381e.jpg

Organic Bar Soap Raw Shea Butter

Healing, Hydrating & Rejuvenating
Historical references to Shea Butter, a staple of African pharmacology, date back to the reported Shea Butter caravans of Cleopatra's Egypt. Frankincense, known for its toning and anti-aging properties, also as aromatherapeutic benefits, promoting mental strenght. Myrrh, a superior cosmetic ingredient in ancient remedies, can be dated to an Ebers papyrus (circa 1580BC)

file_4b2e65bd0603f.jpg

Raw Shea Butter Infused with Frankincense & Myrrh

In Egyptian times, Cleopatra would anoint with frankincense and myrrh. You can join in this fragrant ritual and renew your skin and senses as if youa re royalty. Our arawa unrefined shea butter, rich in vitamins and other healing properties, is infused with frankincense and myrrh, containing anti-aging and aroma therapeutic benefits. Ideal for those with sensitive skin, it effectively treats eczema and psoriasis. The warm and sensual unisex fragrance is perfect for even the most discerning noses! 100% natural.

http://www.sheamoisture.com/products

JW but why are you trying to get away from all the yummy oils and condishes?

Do you use condishioner daily to moisturize? I use Lustrasilk SBMC mixed with aloe vera gel as a leave in.

Do you wash 2-3x per week? I use to shampoo 2-3 days a week and my hair was a mess. Now I cowash 2-4 times a week and shampoo once every week and a half or as needed.

Do you use oils daily? Nope

Do you spritz with water or glycerin and or both daily? No

How many products do you use daily and how often ? My typical shower reggie: Cowash, condition with a different conditioner, do the leave in I mentioned and im done :)
ETA: And if im gunna shampoo I prepoo with whatever I have laying around beforehand.

I am having a really bad allegic reation and trying to cut back. I am allergic to everythingit seem like.

I am trying to stay with product that are natural. My face has broken out from oils running when I sweat. (It is so hot hear in nc) plus with exercise.

I am having a really bad allegic reation and trying to cut back. I am allergic to everythingit seem like.

I am trying to stay with product that are natural. My face has broken out from oils running when I sweat. (It is so hot hear in nc) plus with exercise.

UGH! girl i feel you there. I just recently realized that my hair and hair products have been breaking me out in these terrible teeny tiny pimples all over my face. Now im more careful (sleep with hair up, washing face more often etc) and they have pretty much completely gone away (in 2 weeks)

Having a towel/washcloth with you when you workout is good to dab on your hairline before the sweat reaches your face. I keep a pack of tissues in purse for the same reason while im out and about cuz VA has been hot as hell!!

best wishes:spinning:

I am transitioning....can I answer? I plan to keep the same regimen when I am natural as well since my new growth has taken a liking to it.

Do you use condishioner daily to moisturize? No I use diluted Vo5 to moisturize after I wash or every 3 days.

Do you wash 2-3x per week? I used to wash twice a week but I've cut down to once a week. If I only wash once a week, then I'll moisturize my hair the day that would've been my second wash.

Do you use oils daily? No I use a mix of raw shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, sunflower oil, and evoo on the days I moisturize my hair.

Do you spritz with water or glycerin and or both daily? I used to spritz with water daily but I've realized my hair stays moisturized when I only apply products twice a week.

How many products do you ise daily and how often ? See other answers

Do you use condishioner daily to moisturize? Co-wash 3x-4x a week with either Vo5 or Suave conditioners; then I use a leave-in (HE LTR Leave-in); I dc once a week

Do you wash 2-3x per week? I use the "no poo" method. I don't shampoo.

Do you use oils daily? Twice a day using either coconut or avocado

Do you spritz with water or glycerin and or both daily?Yes I have a mixed spritz using both
How many products do you ise daily and how often ? at the most four (conditioner, leave-in, spritz, and oil)

Last edited:
I spritz daily with Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave In Spritz (watery consistency)

Yes, I shampoo once a week. I cowash 1-2 times per week.

Do you use oils daily?
Yes, The only oil I like is Castor Oil. I use it daily.

I spritz with a water based herbal leave in. I'm not a big glycerin fan.

How many products do you use daily and how often ?
I use 3 products a day, once per day; Spritz with Darcy's Botanicals leave in, moisturize with Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, seal with Castor Oil.

Do you use conditioner daily to moisturize?
Yes, I use a leave in by Giovanni. (I co-wash every day)

Yes, I shampoo once a week.

Do you use oils daily?
Yes, either straight up (coconut) or a pomade with oils in it (Oyin pomade).

Yes, with Oyin's Frank Juice.

3 to 4. I use a leave in and KCCC in the morning, then I usually add a bit of oil/pomade so it doesn't get stiff and then during the day spritz with Frank Juice.

-no

I wash 1x every 2 weeks, co wash 2-3 days per week and dc 1x per week
Do you use oils daily?

-no, unless u count the rosemary oil in my spray bottle, otherwise, no

-yes, in my spray bottle I have glycerin, h2o, aloe vera gel and rosemary oil

I use my spray bottle mix and depending on my hair style, eco styler gel

Do you use condishioner daily to moisturize? not daily, sometimes I leave a little in

Do you wash 2-3x per week? I shampoo 3 times a week and cowash maybe a couple times

Do you use oils daily? Nope, I use them very sporadically.

Do you spritz with water or glycerin and or both daily? twice a day I spritz with water and citric acid to normalise my hair's PH and for moisture

How many products do you use daily and how often:
Because I wash my hair so often I don't really need much in the way of leave ins, The conditioners I use when I wash leave my hair quite soft

Do you use condishioner daily to moisturize? Yes, Normally Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Condish, I just started using Aussie Moist and both are great!

Do you wash 2-3x per week? I cowash everyday (in the summertime atleast) but I only shampoo once a week with AOHSR shampoo and follow with a deep conditioning treatment (AOHSR conditioner or Africa's Best hair Mayonaisse)

Do you use oils daily? I use coconut every once in a while when I remember!

Do you spritz with water or glycerin and or both daily? I have Scurl no drip and I'll spritz when my hair is feeling dry

How many products do you ise daily and how often ? I atleast cowash everyday, I may use the coconut oil or Scurl a couple times a week before I go to bed, but this is my summer regimen, winter months I use moisturizer more and do cowashes less

HTH!! :)

I forgot to add that when I cowash my hair I always leave conditioner in my hair as a moisturizer!! My curls look great with a light condish in it!

No. When wearing my hair out, I use S Curl and only on wash day. The days after and before my next wash, there's no need to re-moisturize as S Curl lasts me for days when I baggy at night.

Yes; 2x per week.

Do you use oils daily?

No, I don't use them at all.

No, I use S Curl and not daily. I decided to leave the making of moisturizers to those who've been doing it for years.

When wearing my hair out, I use S Curl and not daily. Only on wash day. Anymore would be overkill since my hair stays moisturized for days. When wearing braids (as I am now) or twists, I don't use any products at all in my hair.

i have been having the same problems, with this ORS Olive Oil Lotion i'm using. it even makes my forehead itch. this stuff has got to go. also, even though glycerin is GREAT on my hair, its horrible on my skin. its got to go too cuz i'm not tryin to have an ugly arse forehead with pretty hair. :ohwell: i have sensitive skin and Qhemet seems to be pretty mild. i didn't have any breakouts with this stuff. ♥

i have been having the same problems, with this ORS Olive Oil Lotion i'm using. it even makes my forehead itch. this stuff has got to go. also, even though glycerin is GREAT on my hair, its horrible on my skin. its got to go too cuz i'm not tryin to have an ugly arse forehead with pretty hair. :ohwell: i have sensitive skin and Qhemet seems to be pretty mild. i didn't have any breakouts with this stuff. ♥

are you using glycerin from the BS? If so maybe try using vegetable glycerin from a health food store. I use and it is awesome. I'm not "greasy" like the kind from the BS eiher, lol. Just a thought.

Do you use condishioner daily to moisturize? yes sometimes. I condition my hair at least 4-5times a week. And I also apply extra oil after wash out conditioners.

Do you wash 2-3x per week? Yes and No! I prepoo with a herbal shampoo and then I wash with a moisturizing shampoo. I do this with a deep conditioner at least once a week.

Do you use oils daily? Yes. Shea Butter Oil, Olive Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and African Oil. I also use Care Free Curl Activator, and S-Curl products to moisturize.

Do you spritz with water or glycerin and or both daily? No. Never tried this before.

How many products do you ise daily and how often ? I use about 2-3 items daily. Sometimes I may deep condition without washing and sometimes I wash and use a leave in conditioner. I use gel sometimes. I think my hair looks great being as though that i am trying different things.

nope, i use a moisture mix/spray daily. daily product application would lead to build up for my scalp ... ask me how i know :grin::nono::look::grin: ... so daily spraying is usually it for me ... but i'll add, if i feel my hair needs it, i'll follow with a creamy leave-in/oil -- but usually the spray is enough. you gotta learn to listen to your hair.
this works for me because i'm usually in twists or braids, protective styles that hold moisture better than loose hair. my hair's happiest when it's clumped in some form or another.
when i wear straight styles, obviously i can't spray it (which is another reason why i don't wear them very often or long:drunk::spinning::grin:) so i use oil -- coconut, olive, melted shea (you'll use less, so it goes on lighter), avocado, or castor mixed with something lighter.

i co-wash once a week -- keeps me from going through my products too fast as well :grin: also on the weekend i have the time to do it right (dc/no-poo/layer products) & not have to rush through anything. it's a process.

Do you use oils daily?

no & yes ... daily moisture mix, now commonly known as da juice ... is still primarily water/glycerin, but my mix usually has like a teaspoon of oil in it per bottle ... i just make sure to shake it a 'lil before i spray.

yes both, water/veggie glycerin mix

How many products do you use daily and how often
one daily mixed spray
dc/co-wash/seal once a week, but i hydrate/spray my hair daily, like a luscious, flowering plant :grin::look::perplexed:grin:

No. I actually dont moisturize daily.
It depends. If i am doing daily workouts in the morning that week, im cowashing daily. If not, im in a twist or braidout and wash every 2 to 3 days.
Do you use oils daily?
No. I seal with shea butter on wash day, so i dont have to seal or moisturize daily.
No.
On non wash days, none except a little shea butter to tame flyaways and the like. On wash days, i apply either a moisturizer or HEHH and seal with shealoe or my shea butter whipped with olive oil. I might apply a clear gel then, but not always.
I am trying to get away from the conditioner and oils daily. I exercise 2x per week and I use a raw shea butter soap bar 2xper week with frankincence and myrrh. I then just use the same mix (without the soap of course) daily with a spritz of water and that is only to get my hair from being flat.

My hair seems fine no problems I don't comb or brush that is all I do. I want to get away from so much stuff, gel/kcc, conditioners, oil and all of that.

It seems my hair needs washing more often when I use all of that other stuff and it does not smell good. I love to have nice smelling hair. The raw shea butter frankincense and myrrh levae my hair smell so good.

PS I am 4a
You might try leaving in a not so smelly condish and sealing with your shea butter. Im a 4a too, and this is often times enough to hydrate, and define, my kinks and coils.

Answers above-hth!

Back