Oil Mixtures

kaytorry

I am thinking about doing some hot oil treatments and sealing. Instead of buying a bunch a different ones, I would rather stock up on my favorite oils and just mix them together in one big bottle. Does anyone else here do this? Is it possible that my hair can recieve the benefits from each oil, even when mixed together? Or will thicker oils dismiss the benefits of the thinner oils? Can I possibly do the same with butters?

I routinely purchase different oils and mix them together to use as my sealants, and I haven't experienced any negative effects.

Girl please! I bought and mixed up a HUGE bottle of oil that my hair loves and thrives whenever I use it.

Oh gosh what do I have?

Walnut, wheatgerm, meadowfoam seed, sunflower, macadamia, sesame...I know there's more in there I just don't remember.

I say go for it!

I mix oils the majority of the time. My favorite is sunflower oil because its light. But I generally mix that with whatever I have on hand. So I think my last mix was sunflower oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e, olive oil and coconut oil. I tend to use more sunflower oil though to keep it as light as possible.

I have some wheat germ oil and flax seed oil and they definitely have to be mixed with something. :yep:

I say give it a try. You will probably like it and find the mix you like.

i mix:
evoo
evco (infused with horsetail and nettle)
castor
meadowfoam
kukui

i use this mix to take my twists down when i do my weekly twist style and put it on my hair a few times a week.

I mix everything - sometimes in a bottle and sometimes just in the palm of my hand. You can mix butters too. Just experiment and have fun - you'll get all the benefits of everything you blend.

I do this all the time. There are some oils that I can't use solo like coconut, but its a miracle mixed with other oils. My favorite blend right now is:

2 oz castor oil
1.5 oz walnut oil
1.5 oz extra virgin olive oil
1.5 oz jojoba oil
2 tbsp. shea butter (melted)
Fragrance or EO (I used mango this time) - optional

The combo makes a liquid balm.

IMAG0017-vi.jpg

Back