OH MY GOODNESS

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
I was in the salon, getting my nails done last night and this girl was in there getting her weave/braids taken out. There was a lot going on that made me cringe.

-They washed her hair without trying to detangle it
-They used a PADDLE BRUSH to detangle her hair to blow dry it
-Instead of detangling the whole head while wet, she detangled only the section that she was blow drying, so you know her head had dried up some by the time they got to the top.

This girl had some long beautiful natural hair. I just wanted to cry.

This girl had some long beautiful natural hair. I just wanted to cry.

Since she was having the braids out I am thinking this wasn't the first time she had visited the salon. Maybe her hair can take all that butchery...I know I'd be bald if they did that to me.

Since she was having the braids out I am thinking this wasn't the first time she had visited the salon. Maybe her hair can take all that butchery...I know I'd be bald if they did that to me.
This was the first time she visited this salon. She had a sew-in done at another salon, or in another place and was going there to get them taken down.

This was the first time she visited this salon. She had a sew-in done at another salon, or in another place and was going there to get them taken down.

This is the reason why you need to do your research before you spend your hard-earned cash paying someone to basically ruin your hair. Too many cowboys running around without a clue on how to properly care for hair, calling themselves hairdressers. This reminds me of when I went to a salon to get my hair relaxed. The "hairdresser" left the relaxer on my head for one whole hour before rinsing, remarking "some peoples hair just doesn't take" I didn't think to tell her to rinse it out because I trusted that she new what she was doing. I ended up having to cut it all off as it was just completely frazzeled after that!

Poor girl. All it takes is one session to take you from bsl to nl :( Shame she's not a member here, although I have a feeling she'll probably find her way here very soon.

This is the reason why you need to do your research before you spend your hard-earned cash paying someone to basically ruin your hair. Too many cowboys running around without a clue on how to properly care for hair, calling themselves hairdressers. This reminds me of when I went to a salon to get my hair relaxed. The "hairdresser" left the relaxer on my head for one whole hour before rinsing, remarking "some peoples hair just doesn't take" I didn't think to tell her to rinse it out because I trusted that she new what she was doing. I ended up having to cut it all off as it was just completely frazzeled after that!

Poor girl. All it takes is one session to take you from bsl to nl :( Shame she's not a member here, although I have a feeling she'll probably find her way here very soon.

your story reminds me of a similar incident i witnessed at a salon some time ago. I was at the salon waiting to get my weave done and one of the 'hairdressers' was relaxing a girl's hair. After applying the relaxer all over she then starts to comb the girls hair not just the new growth but the SCALP!!!! she combs the girl's scalp whilst the relaxer was in the girl's hair :crazy:. Although i wasnt hair informed back then i was still horrified. To top it off the so-called hairdresser had no edges and her relaxed hair resembled seaweed.....:( maybe that should have been the first warning sign. Anyways its true you gotta do your research before you let people do your hair because, half of these hairdressers learnt from people and know nothing about healthy hair care

your story reminds me of a similar incident i witnessed at a salon some time ago. I was at the salon waiting to get my weave done and one of the 'hairdressers' was relaxing a girl's hair. After applying the relaxer all over she then starts to comb the girls hair not just the new growth but the SCALP!!!! she combs the girl's scalp whilst the relaxer was in the girl's hair :crazy:. Although i wasnt hair informed back then i was still horrified. To top it off the so-called hairdresser had no edges and her relaxed hair resembled seaweed.....:( maybe that should have been the first warning sign. Anyways its true you gotta do your research before you let people do your hair because, half of these hairdressers learnt from people and know nothing about healthy hair care

OUCH! That girls scalp must have been on fire for weeks. I think it's high time it becomes law for all hairstylists/dressers to be qualified and regulated.

Back