OH LORD, ITS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT.

indarican

Hey everyone,

I am at the beginning of my journey of hair care. I would love to be apl by next year and from the stories that i have heard on here im sure that it is very possible. So I started my hair care journey with a touch up. I didnt remember when the last time i had a touch up so i figured it was about time. I figured since it had been a while i would have a nice bit of growth. Boy was i wrong!!!! :perplexed
After i finished at the hair salon, and looked in the mirror i was horrified at what i saw. My hair is layered to frame my face (previous cut) the left side is now down to my collar bone, while the right side is only at my chin. The back portion of my hair is so jagged, there are portions that are super longer then the rest. Just thinking about it makes me so depressed. So now im thinking that i might just cut it all off, which would be horrible for me but right now it feels like the only option.

Attachments

• hair pic.jpg
    hair pic.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 271
dont get discouraged i feel like this atleast once amonth but i always find inspiration here on the board. hth

Don't do anything drastic, you don't want to regret it, if anything you could get a simple cut to wear using the most of the length as possible since hair grows uneven. Then just keep up your weekly (or your regular regimen) regimen. Be sure to deep condition and not let anyone over process your hair. :)

You'll get there, just be patient, have a blessed Holiday!

It looks good..maybe get a trim to even it .But i would bun til' apl. Looks like you'll be there in no time.

If I was unhappy with a cut, I would braid it up and leave it alone while the layers grew out. You can always bun it, wear half wigs, phony ponies (and treat your ends at the same time!), etc. You have so many options! Don't cut it all off, that's a bit extreme. Get into the frame of mind like "I don't like this cut, but I have something to work with. Let's work with it."

It's not that bad, hun. You could cut it even right now, but it's not really necessary. You could wear your hair up and refrain from wearing it down until your next touch-up, or even the touch-up afterward, and then trim it even then. I'd say it's only about an inch uneven. I know how you feel, though. I'm a major stickler for evenness. I've hacked my hair off unnecessarily on a few occasions for the sake of that elusive "evenness", lol. As long as your hair is healthy and not breaking off, it's fine. You can trim it gradually. You might be even more upset if you trim off all of your progress at once. :bighug:.

Hey girl, I'm at an awkward length too...think about giving it some time to grow out and then you can trim little by little. I'm wearing textured styles (braid outs, flexi rod sets etc..) to disguise the unevenness. Don't worry it's going to get much better :bighug: My nape area was broken off so badly 9 months ago and it's sooo much better now (I'm currently stretching for 7 months)

why even it out? you can wait to do that when you hit your goal. my hair is uneven as a mug and you cant tell cause i'm in a bun all the time. it'll be even one... or not, i dont care lol. i still say leave it be

Don't cut it off. It doesn't even look bad to me. I agree with the bun idea. APL will come faster than you think! Deep condition and moisturize. You'll get there!

Indarican,

My hair is very uneven, but I refuse to cut/trim it until I reach my goal of BSL. I wear my hair down, but my ends are bumped, so it's not obvious.

I love Herbal Essence Hydralicious for dry/damaged hair and I sometimes use Kera Kare Moisturizing shampoo. Any shampoo with the proper ph balance should work as long as you dc and moisturize after washing. Look for shampoos for dry/damaged/chemically treated hair.

Back