Oh it's on NOW!!!! That's right this just got Serious!

BlkOnyx488

Sometimes I text my mother pics of my hair progress. So I texted her the pic that's in my avatar. She calls me right away and we start talking about hair and what I am doing, she is currently ear length, after being a recent breast cancer survivor, so she ask me now and then about hair care but I know her, she doesn't want to DO anything or Change anything she is doing ie using a curling iron every day with no heat protection. Anyway she ask me how long did I want my hair to get?

I thought about for a second and said I want hair down to my butt.

she started:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I said what is so funny?

She said you can't grow your hair that long you don't have the genes for that. If you were able to grow your hair that long it would have happened a long time ago, but you don't have the long hair gene:rolleyes: and then she continues to:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

So I say well Mother called her Mother, I said Well Mother it not as if WE ever practiced proper hair care with my hair so who knows how long it will grow with the right TLC:rolleyes::yep:

She just kept:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I said ok fine I did the math and I said give me two years I will have hair down to my crack MOTHER!!!

She said :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

So now I gotta grow my hair to my butt, dang!:spinning: This hair growing thing just got real real REAL serious

LMAO! The best way to prove her wrong is to grow it to butt length. I believe you can do it!

Sent from my HTC EVO = TYPO GALORE!

You have all my support (for all it's worth). I believe you can do it!!!

ETA: BlkOnyx488 I'm curious about how you plan to "reveal". Do you think you will be hiding your length until you hit your goal? (because you WILL meet it:grin:). If not, I truly believe by the time you hit mid-back the issue will a moot point: Mother's jaw will already be dropping to the floor@:lachen: (and she'll be so proud of her child!)

Last edited:
Yep, you can do it! Take it slow and simple to ward off setbacks, learn to trim your own hair if you don't already, don't make any changes to your reggie if things are working just fine. I don't know why, but your mom's laughing at you really struck deep with me and I AM determined for you to make butt length now!

My mom is like that also. She thinks anyone w/ long hair is mixed. I showed her yt vids of lhdc2011 and Sera and she said they were mixed. I'm like Sera is not mixed and African (just like us) but she continued to believe that. I'm w/ you BlkOnyx488 and I'm going to try to grow my hair to wl just I could just flip my hair in her face lol.

Yep, you can do it! Take it slow and simple to ward off setbacks, learn to trim your own hair if you don't already, don't make any changes to your reggie if things are working just fine. I don't know why, but your mom's laughing at you really struck deep with me and I AM determined for you to make butt length now!

Thanks I have a set simple Regi PSing 24/7, and I plan to trim every 2-3 months:yep:

My mom is like that also. She thinks anyone w/ long hair is mixed. I showed her yt vids of lhdc2011 and Sera and she said they were mixed. I'm like Sera is not mixed and African (just like us) but she continued to believe that. I'm w/ you BlkOnyx488 and I'm going to try to grow my hair to wl just I could just flip my hair in her face lol.

You are almost there now!!!
I am going to drive to NC flip it in her face and go home:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Aww shoot! It's on nah! Grow, Girl. Grow!

OT can I go OT in a post I started?? Well I am gonna I love your Siggy Pic you are a natural beauty, and your hair :drool: worthy!!!

You know I am casting my Vision big time now!

It sounds like she called you out!:blush: And all I can say is make it happen! I've been bit by the "momma don't believe me" bug once before as well! It was fun showing and proving! Good luck to ya!

Can't wait to see your update thread! What's your reggie?

Sent from my HTC Evo

I PS 24/7 usually with Cornrows, but on the 1st I installed individual braids
I baggy everynight, I can't sleep without the crunch sound:grin:
I spray on a mix of Proclaim Tea Tree Leave in Con. mixed with
castor Oil, Sulphur Powder, and Grapeseed oil.

I DC weekly with Proclaim Colesterol and do a Black Tea Rinse
gotta control shedding

I will trim/dust ever 2-3 months

And I only use heat 3 times a year.:yep:

Oh and I did just order some Nioxin Pills should be here this week!

i have mad shrinkage, so my mum also thought I couldn't grow my hair back out after I cut it.
When I straightened....her face dropped!
Now she's always prepared to take my advice when it comes to hair.
Grow it and show them, hun, grow and show!

we should start a I Gotta Prove My Momma Wrong challenge! :lol:

How about we call it " the re-education of mama" challenge!!!

because that's what the problem is somewhere along the lines some of our mamas got miss informed.

the funny thing is when we get to our hair goals, I bet some of our mothers will think we are mixed hahaha.

okay I really did the math last night I pulled out two tape measures to be sure.
I need 23 inches of hair to get to the crack of my butt.
I already have 10 inches of hair, so 13 inches is what I need I was right when I said
2 years.

Last edited:
You know you can do it!!! WE know you can do it, too prove her wrong!!!

My FIL said this to me recently. I told him give me 2 years and I will be flipping my waistlength hair in his face.And yes, I plan on damn near breaking my neck to slap him with it :lachen:

How about we call it " the re-education of mama" challenge!!!

because that's what the problem is somewhere along the lines some of our mamas got miss informed.

the funny thing is when we get to our hair goals, I bet some of our mothers will think we are mixed hahaha.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

^ Can you imagine the influx of LHCF mamas on Maury, thinking they done pinned their arse length haired daughters on the wrong ninja? "I was 100% sure she was his until I seen all that hair." Lmao.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

^ Can you imagine the influx of LHCF mamas on Maury, thinking they done pinned their arse length haired daughters on the wrong ninja? "I was 100% sure she was his until I seen all that hair." Lmao.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

^^^hilarious:lachen:. I am rooting for you OP. You gotta keep us updated regularly. We know you can do it.

You guys who share you hair journey goals with people, even though they are family are so brave. I don't tell anyone what I want my hair to be, b/c I don't want the negativity. But my DH and he is really supportive.

Back