October 2014..What Did YOU Buy This Week?(Hair Care Edition)

Outre Annie Half Wig
Motions for Natural Textures Heat Styler Elixir Sealer Serum Thingy :look:......it was 4 bucks on sale at Walgreens.

Hattache
Hello Curly gel x2 [currently obsessed with stylers & gels and I have NO idea why...these PJ ebbs and flows I tell ya :lol:]

Did u go to the international market off of veterans in Metairie? @BranwenRosewood

Beamodel

Yes. I love that store! I think I found it 2 years ago. I always get my ayurvedic powders from them but not my henna (I prefer red raj from hennasooq). I get my dried herbs from the Nature Lovers Food Store that's right around the corner on Cleary and Maypop on St. Claude and Franklin.

Ulta
Joico moisture recovery conditioner
Joico moisture recovery treatment balm
Pureology hydracure mask
Pureology hydrating shampoo
Pureology 21 benefits

CON Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Shampoo
I know I said my hair's doing well on cleansing creams...but I missed this shampoo a lot. is it normal to miss a hair product the way you would miss an old friend? :look: I missed the slip & moisture it gave my hair. I want to try it again, I think last time I used it as something more than it was and that's why my ends reacted badly. my roots are really puffy and tangled these days, they could use the tlc. I may go back for the intensive treatment since my DC's almost done.

Last edited:
3x vo5 shea cashmere conditioner
1x vo5 vanilla mint clarifying conditioner
*going back to big lots tomorrow to clean out the supply of thoes two hard to find vo5's!! Lol

With these sales I'm almost done with my Black Friday list.
Curlmart (20% off + free shipping)
- Eden Bodyworks curling cream and Cowash (Cowash is a staple)
-curl junkie smoothing conditioner

Jane Carter (40% off + free shipping)
-Curling Cream
-Leave-in
-3 conditioners (staple)

3x vo5 shea cashmere conditioner
1x vo5 vanilla mint clarifying conditioner
*going back to big lots tomorrow to clean out the supply of thoes two hard to find vo5's!! Lol

Angelbean

I just bought a case of 6 Shea Cashmere from this website: https://distributoroutlets.com/component/search/?searchword=vo5&searchphrase=all&Itemid=9999

It was $10 (they don't charge shipping and handling) and it works out to $1.13/bottle, but I can't find it anywhere and I know that I've used more gas than that trying to find it lol. I think all the cases of VO5 on that website are $10 so if anyone wants to save gas/time, you can order from there... it's about 13 - 33 cents more per bottle than you would ordinarily pay.

I bought Neutral Protein Filler. I don't know what it is or why I bought it really... I think I want to use it during my next relaxer somehow... The ingredients looked good. I'll see how it does in two months.

And yesterday I bought Adore clear rinse. I want to see what the fuss is about these cellophane/clear rinses. If it works I'll splurge for the John Frieda one.

Angelbean

I just bought a case of 6 Shea Cashmere from this website: https://distributoroutlets.com/component/search/?searchword=vo5&searchphrase=all&Itemid=9999

It was $10 (they don't charge shipping and handling) and it works out to $1.13/bottle, but I can't find it anywhere and I know that I've used more gas than that trying to find it lol. I think all the cases of VO5 on that website are $10 so if anyone wants to save gas/time, you can order from there... it's about 13 - 33 cents more per bottle than you would ordinarily pay.

Thank you this will save me so much time searching around for my shea cashmere!!

I bought:
-Affirm Fiberguard relaxer-mild
-Affirm Fiberguard Normalizing shampoo
-Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm 16.9 oz pump

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

xu93texas Have you used Affirm Fiberguard before? What are your thoughts about it?

Yes, I used it for the first time for my last relaxer in July. I really do like it. It left my hair with plenty of texture and I didn't have any shedding. The stylist who did my hair wasn't my regular stylist and I was desperate for a relaxer. I was very pleased with the results. My avi pic is 1 month post-relaxer.

My stylist uses Influance products. I told her I wanted to switch and that I would purchase my own products. She said OK.

xu93texas

Another Affirm Fiberguard Lye (Mild) user. Another 5n1 user (nice, nice, nice).

I also use: Preservo (on previously treated hair). And I also use Sustenance.

xu93texas Another Affirm Fiberguard Lye (Mild) user. Another 5n1 user (nice, nice, nice). I also use: Preservo (on previously treated hair). And I also use Sustenance.

Good to know that you like it as well. I already have the Preservo and Affirm 5 and 1 Reconstructor. I passed on the Sustenance b/c of the price.

I also use the Affirm Fiberguard (normal) Lye relaxer. I use all the steps in the system starting with Preservo, relaxer, 5 in 1, Sustenance and the Normalizing shampoo. I love it too.

Back