Observed bad relaxing process

jazzyto

Ok I was at the in-laws today when SIL opens the freezer pulls out the other half of a box relaxer that she used last month to put in her friends hair. :nono: After the relaxer "thawed out" she proceeded to put it in her friends hair from root to tip. I sat there like. :look: So I felt obligated to say something. So I said did you read the directions in the kit Im pretty sure you are only suppose to put the relaxer on the NG. She was like girl I got dis her ends are dry and nappy they need some perm. :lachen: The friend just kinda looked at me look who is she. Needless to say I left it alone.

Oh oh.

At least you tried to say something.

What was the end result of the relaxing process? I hope they at least DCd afterward

the freezer?? I've never heard of this. no lye relaxer? was it already mixed?????

You can refrigerate a relaxer for touch up use. But only the kind that comes with the separate activator. If it's already mixed and it's been months it needs to be tossed.

Actually you can use relaxer again but the "man" tries to get you to throw it away everytime.

Think about it... beauticians do it all the time they use a big TUB of relaxer and close it up when they are finished with your head and take it out when they do the next person... You don't see them do it because they put it in a nice pretty black dish.

Hmm I can see freezing it stopping biological organisms from growing in something, but stopping a chemical process? And one of which had already began once the active ingredients have been mixed? The difference with the salon one is that they are ready to go, and meant to be used and stored, they are chemically different too. Man, two things can happen in that case either 1. it's less effective or 2. it's extremely potent... LOL.

I've learned from experience not to give anyone hair advice because they're just going to ignore it. A lot of Black women still like to relax their hair from root to tip and believe that grease and water will make their hair grow. I don't know why they haven't caught on that what they're doing isn't working.

I thought the tubs of relaxer you see at the salon are "no base" relaxers which are used right out of the tub no mixing required. So yeah those can be stored and used multiple times. But the box relaxers once mixed are no good after a while.

When I relaxed I never had any left to save cause i relaxed root-to-time every single time:spank:I know my family members used to save relaxer though probably still do:ohwell:

the freezer?? I've never heard of this. no lye relaxer? was it already mixed?????

Lol when I was younger, I used to put mine in the freezer the day before retouching, I figured the coldness of the relaxer will take my mind off of it burning. Yea that didnt last long

Ok I was at the in-laws today when SIL opens the freezer pulls out the other half of a box relaxer that she used last month to put in her friends hair. After the relaxer "thawed out"
My aunt still does this. Even when I was relaxed and doing it all wrong I still was too scared to do that. My aunt would say girl you wasting money put that in the fridge.:nono:

I've learned from experience not to give anyone hair advice because they're just going to ignore it. A lot of Black women still like to relax their hair from root to tip and believe that grease and water will make their hair grow. I don't know why they haven't caught on that what they're doing isn't working.

I agree with this

I feel bad....I guess I can understand why ppl respond a certain way.

Imagine if you were someone who really doesn't know proper hair care but you have a friend who knows how to do hair (i.e. weave, relaxers, etc). So naturally you might go to this "Friend" who can hook you up cause obviously you can't yourself.

And someone who knows about hair care corrects your friend...its like ":look: uhhh!!! Well this is my friend and she knows hair so she wouldn't do anything to jack me up." or if it finally clicked in her head that applying relaxer from root to tip is wrong.....

"HOW DO YOU TELL A FRIEND TO STOP DOING YOUR HAIR MID-WAY or NEVER TO DO YOUR HAIR AGAIN? w/o hurting their feelings??"

I feel bad....I guess I can understand why ppl respond a certain way.

Imagine if you were someone who really doesn't know proper hair care but you have a friend who knows how to do hair (i.e. weave, relaxers, etc). So naturally you might go to this "Friend" who can hook you up cause obviously you can't yourself.

And someone who knows about hair care corrects your friend...its like ":look: uhhh!!! Well this is my friend and she knows hair so she wouldn't do anything to jack me up." or if it finally clicked in her head that applying relaxer from root to tip is wrong.....

"HOW DO YOU TELL A FRIEND TO STOP DOING YOUR HAIR MID-WAY or NEVER TO DO YOUR HAIR AGAIN? w/o hurting their feelings??"

hmmm hadnt thought about it like that.

Back