obama and michelle

temptressparadise

has michelle and obama love for each other reinforced the strenght of black love in your eyes? it has for me and i think it helped me realized that i should not settle for nothing less than what i know i deserve...i truly have found a fresh and new approach to how i view my life and it has help me set a higher standard for whomever i date from now on.

I think it's great, too, that you've been inspired, and I'm sure it will reinforce the strength of black love for many. But on a personal note, I've never settle for less in my relationships and I always felt that I deserved a great man and marriage, and I work on it daily.

Agree with Honeycomb!

I LOVE to see Barack and Michelle and I love that they are showing the country an example of a strong and loving relationship between two high achieveing and personally successful individuals.

But I never felt that strong examples of "black love" went away... they've always been here and such a relationship has always been achieveable if that's what both partners strive for from the beginning. Still, I'm glad to see an example of such a relationship in a very public eye! :)

Absolutely.

I'd love to be like Honeycomb and say that I've never settled but I'm not in the habit of lying to y'all, LOL.

Someone had in their siggy "if you want a Barack, you have to be a Michelle" or something like that and it really stuck with me. It was a great reminder that I have to be on point my damn self and be bringing just as much to the table as I'm expecting him to bring.

Their relationship does nothing to reinforce my view of any relationship. I like the IMAGE that they PORTRAY (since no one knows what goes on in private). I think that it is a positive influence on their daughters & the public at large. On the face, their presence is like a RL Huxtables.

Absolutely.

I'd love to be like Honeycomb and say that I've never settled but I'm not in the habit of lying to y'all, LOL.

Someone had in their siggy "if you want a Barack, you have to be a Michelle" or something like that and it really stuck with me. It was a great reminder that I have to be on point my damn self and be bringing just as much to the table as I'm expecting him to bring.

The other side of that though is that Michelle was far ahead of Barack when he pursued her... so one could say that if you want a Michelle, you have to be a Barack! ;)

He had to prove himself to HER when they met, not the other way around!

(Just sayin' in service of we women who always are being told what we have to do to get a good man... might as well tell the full story!)

The other side of that though is that Michelle was far ahead of Barack when he pursued her... so one could say that if you want a Michelle, you have to be a Barack! ;)

He had to prove himself to HER when they met, not the other way around!

(Just sayin' in service of we women who always are being told what we have to do to get a good man... might as well tell the full story!)

LOL. True, true.

Both parties should be on top of their game and compliment each other. :yep:

i love to see Barack and Michelle. they to me represent not just how black love should look but how love and mutual respect for your spouse should look no matter who you are. true we dont see them in their private lives and to be honest no one on the outside can see the inner workings of any relationship/marriage. but i do choose to think they are genuine. it just shows that you shouldnt settle. and no i am not talking about material things because Barack didnt have much when he met Michelle, but his qualities and moral fiber were of a caliber that is, i wouldnt say rare, but it is not always seen.

Back