O the irony......Is anyone else uncomfortable wearing their hair down?!

bmoreflyygirl said:
I used to be but I got over it. My hair is in protective styles more often than not though, so having it down for a day or two doesn't bug me.

One of the beautiful things about having naps! Don't have to worrry about them TOO much..

I feel the same way the few times I've worn my hair down in the last year (I think less than 5). I'm aware of every snag, every turn of my head I just imagine the ends of my hair beginning to split from touching my clothes.

The other reason I don't really enjoy wearing it down is because it's such a production for me to do so. I have to rollerset it and sit under a dryer for nearly 2 hours now that my hair is longer in order for it to completely dry. When I'm weaving, I rollerset my hair as well, but I only sit under the dryer until it's mostly dry maybe 85%. But when I'm wearing it out I have to make sure it's completely dry otherwise my texlaxed hair will go POOF.

Also people start putting their hands in my head and making comments and the pull at my rollerset curls to see how long they stretch down my back. It's become such an ordeal that I lack all desire to wear my hair out. The few times I've done it have been on the request of my fiance who loves to see my "own" hair every once in a while.

I do imagine that when I become a full brastrap that I might enjoy it more...but maybe not :ohwell: .

KiniKakes said:
The paranoia doesnt go away ya'all. :lol: I still cringe at wearing my hair down, and cant do it for more than 2 days in a row (and that's pushing it).:lachen:

Well there goes my little theory, lol!

Back