NYC or NorthEastern Ladies...

Healthb4Length

Do you feel that the cold weather is messing up your regimes? I have not been following my regime as I planned cause the weather is brutal! I don't want to wash or co-wash I'm so lazy! I just wash once a week, make sure that I grease my ends, put it in a bun and keep it moving. Anyone feel the same way or am I just Lazy??

The weather has really messed me up, I have to leave out early in the morning when it is cold so I don't want to conditioner wash my hair. I have just been getting blowouts and wearing them for like 3 weeks and doing conditioner washes like 2 times at the end of the month for a week. My hair is really dirty, but it looks aight, lol, I really think my hair grows better when it is dirty...I don't know why!

honey_jammz82 said:
The weather has really messed me up, I have to leave out early in the morning when it is cold so I don't want to conditioner wash my hair. I have just been getting blowouts and wearing them for like 3 weeks and doing conditioner washes like 2 times at the end of the month for a week. My hair is really dirty, but it looks aight, lol, I really think my hair grows better when it is dirty...I don't know why!

I know what you mean! I've only been washing every week, if I'm lucky! But I do notice that the 'dirtier' my hair the more compliments I get on how good my hair looks!

I am cosigning on the horrible weather...this weather is definitely not for umm..our people. :lol:

Lucky I am on the C&G method right now so I am braided up ;) but if I wasn't I know wash n go's would be OUT of the question and daily washing would be hard.

Suri said:
I am cosigning on the horrible weather...this weather is definitely not for umm..our people. :lol:

Lucky I am on the C&G method right now so I am braided up ;) but if I wasn't I know wash n go's would be OUT of the question and daily washing would be hard.

I know that's right! I can't stand this weather! I'm on the C & G too, I'll be weaving it up real soon!

Yeah, in the summer I co wash 4-5 times per week and my hair grows so fast. Now when I wash in the evening I pray that my hair will be dry by 6AM because the sun is NOT up yet, and that wind can be crazy! It went down to like 12 the other night. This weather better break... soon. I'm not feeling that cool/cold until April or May.

This weather is so horrific...It really took a toll on my skin and hair
My hair stays dry no matter how much I moisturize...
I keep the darn thing up in a bun or a protective style and yet still no moisture...
I'm seeing a little breakage which is upsetting me...
I wash once a week...sometimes twice (if i'm lucky)
I miss the warmer weather...my hair also grew alot faster during the warmer months.

I'm in BK and I think that the coldness caused some of these weird splits that I have been seeing.

could going out with damp hair (ends) in temperatures with a single digit windchill cause damage? :perplexed

:mad:

I am mad at this weather right now. My hair is dirty (hoping I can wash it at the end of this week). My skin is super dry. I have gone through so many bottles of lotion this winter! I go to work at 5:30 am, so it's always dark and cold.

Hurry spring! I need you!

HORRID!!!!! I dred rinsing/washing because it's so cold (I air dry) and my roommate is being "conservative" with the heat...

SPRING COME SOON!!!

Sure is! My hair thrives on water but because it's Wintertime, I can't wet it every morning like I did back in the Summer. I've been experimenting with God knows how many different products trying to find something to keep my hair moisturized underneath the gel. Nothing compares to water! I can't wait until the Spring!

I am so glad this post was started. I was thinking I was "just NOT getting it." It's a constant battle to keep this mane moist (and I usually lose the battle daily). Glad to know it's not me. I've extended my bun challenge, and it still looks dry :lol: . I'm guessing the 5 months of new growth aren't helpin' :) . I'll just keep chuggin along until the summer. Well, at least I've got the skin part under control.

Lady_Lioness said:
This weather is so horrific...It really took a toll on my skin and hair
My hair stays dry no matter how much I moisturize...
I keep the darn thing up in a bun or a protective style and yet still no moisture...
I'm seeing a little breakage which is upsetting me...
I wash once a week...sometimes twice (if i'm lucky)
I miss the warmer weather...my hair also grew alot faster during the warmer months.

My skin is feeling rough too! Whenever I get out of the shower I don't completely dry off, I rub some moisturizer on while my skin is damp, that helps some.

Right now my hair is dryer than the Sahara:eek: :eek: ! It just feels so UGH!:ohwell: Well I will be bagging it up for like 2 or 3 nights a week.

Because the weather is so cold and brittle I do my washing at night. I have still been able to wash/cw/rinse a couple times during the week. I am sure the weather is behind some of my breakage.

Alli77 said:
Do you feel that the cold weather is messing up your regimes? I have not been following my regime as I planned cause the weather is brutal! I don't want to wash or co-wash I'm so lazy! I just wash once a week, make sure that I grease my ends, put it in a bun and keep it moving. Anyone feel the same way or am I just Lazy??

yeahhhhhhhhhh:mad: my hair is so friggin dry and i did not understand what it was so now i got it braided yesterday cant stand the weather and i realized i always leave my house with my head uncovered , no wonder it end up so dry. this weather is no joke. i need me a hat or something:mad: :cool:

I'm fighting it too. My poor skin! We're using the fireplace more often than not these days so we don't have to turn up the heat.

I'm glad I went ahead and put that relaxer in (won't wash until saturday or Sunday) But i'm not looking forward to it. currently hair is doing ok, a little drier than normal but not too bad. I give it a light mist of water in the morning prior to my styling stuff and just wear a hat when I go out.

-A

I think my hair grows better in the summer, but I still do the same routine. I CO wash every morning. Yes, morning :D

I know people say that it is not good to go out like that, but after the CO wash, my hair gets put in a bun. I have not been sick from it either, thank God.

For some the bottom of my feet feel dry. Like the skin is peeling. Don't worry, my feet are nothing like Flavor Flav. When I take a shower at night, I out a glob of Vaseline on my feet and my granny socks. My feet feel like an oven, but it helps a LOT!!!!!!!!!

I love to air dry, and I cant do it in the winter without getting a cold.
My hair and skin is dry and no amount of moisture makes it look and feel okay.
I'll just be glad for the summer as well

Whew! Thanks for posting this thread Alli77. Its a real battle in NYC. I get frustrated because I'll wear a scarf (I REALLY hate the cold) and I swear the thing snags the hairs in my kitchen area. Turn my head to the left, ping! There goes a hair. To the right, ping ping ping! There goes a couple more. Needless to say, my nape's a hot mess.:ohwell:

Alli77 said:
My skin is feeling rough too! Whenever I get out of the shower I don't completely dry off, I rub some moisturizer on while my skin is damp, that helps some.

Right now my hair is dryer than the Sahara:eek: :eek: ! It just feels so UGH!:ohwell: Well I will be bagging it up for like 2 or 3 nights a week.

Maybe this is something I should also try doing...What kind of moisturizers do you use on your hair b4 bagging it up?

see this is why I keep my hair in braids or a sew in during the colder months, my hair would be mess if I wear it out.

hey, i'm from the UK, but we've had winter for like 6 months now, its ridiculus. i think the lil breakage i'm seeing is down to this weather. alot of us are experiencing breakage it seems....or more of us are speaking up? who knows, but this weather is nasty!i wear my hood up at all time whilst outside which retains the heat of my hot head! once i'm indoors the bottom of my hood covers my tuck bun. my hair is growing better as i'm not trying to look good, i can wear my hat and tuck it all away! LOOK ON THE BRIGHTSIDE we all look a bit ugly durin winter, so more excuse to do protective styling and stayin IN to pamper our strands...always look on the bright side

sseverin2002 said:
Whew! Thanks for posting this thread Alli77. Its a real battle in NYC. I get frustrated because I'll wear a scarf (I REALLY hate the cold) and I swear the thing snags the hairs in my kitchen area. Turn my head to the left, ping! There goes a hair. To the right, ping ping ping! There goes a couple more. Needless to say, my nape's a hot mess.:ohwell:

I hate that! I cringe whenever I wear a wool sweater or coat! But now I've been putting on a baggie on my hair and then put on a scarf (silk or satin) then a hat. I look like a rasta but hey, my hair is healthy!:lol:

KathyMay said:
see this is why I keep my hair in braids or a sew in during the colder months, my hair would be mess if I wear it out.

I'm usually in braids too but for some odd reason when I began the C&G challenge, this ended up being the off time for my braids.

Lady_Lioness said:
Maybe this is something I should also try doing...What kind of moisturizers do you use on your hair b4 bagging it up?

You can use anything from lotion moisturizers to oils. Whatever works for you, for me I LOVE OILS! I use either EVOO, Castor Oil, or Coconut oil or a combo of all three! You don't have have to use too much because your hair will be VERY MOIST maybe even wet from all the moisture the that baggie will generate.

Candy_C said:
hey, i'm from the UK, but we've had winter for like 6 months now, its ridiculus. i think the lil breakage i'm seeing is down to this weather. alot of us are experiencing breakage it seems....or more of us are speaking up? who knows, but this weather is nasty!i wear my hood up at all time whilst outside which retains the heat of my hot head! once i'm indoors the bottom of my hood covers my tuck bun. my hair is growing better as i'm not trying to look good, i can wear my hat and tuck it all away! LOOK ON THE BRIGHTSIDE we all look a bit ugly durin winter, so more excuse to do protective styling and stayin IN to pamper our strands...always look on the bright side

I hear ya! I don't look super fab in the winter but spring, summer and fall are my time!

Alli77 said:
You can use anything from lotion moisturizers to oils. Whatever works for you, for me I LOVE OILS! I use either EVOO, Castor Oil, or Coconut oil or a combo of all three! You don't have have to use too much because your hair will be VERY MOIST maybe even wet from all the moisture the that baggie will generate.

Hey do you do your baggie when your hairs wet or dry? I hear it works well for some when their hair is dry...for me..hair DAMP/wet!

Back