NYC Ladies.....I'll be joining you soon....

ElizaBlue

NYC Ladies.....I\'ll be joining you soon....

My agency is send me on a four month detail to New York. Yep the Texan goes north....again. I did 4.5 years in Cleveland, OH. But I hadn't found LHCF back then, so I wasn't really taking care of my hair.

My question is this. How do you ladies who do the daily washing and baggie method, handle leaving home with a wet head? Especially when it's as cold as it will be for the next four months.

My hair is in a full weave now, and I may just make that my new New York style.

All input is greatly appreciated. By the way I will be living in Manhattan. I'm supposed to be looking for an apartment close to my office. I know that will cost a grip. But I don't want to be commuting by train. I tend to work late and that ain't gone cut it. So if anyone knows anywhere to stay let me know that too. So far, I'm at the Southgate.

Also, I would like to try the Dom salons, while I'm there. I'll check the salon discussion, but if you know of any right off in Manhattan, please let me know.

Re: NYC Ladies.....I\'ll be joining you soon....

Hi Elizablue! Happy to hear your gonna join us up here for our northern winters. Hope you'll like it here

Thanks Glossyxlipz. I hope I get some advice on this. I debating on the hair thing really. Maybe braids would be a better choice.

Anyone???

AJD,

I'll probably be pming you for the number to your braider. See ya on the train.

Welcome Eliza,
I hope you like it up here. I went to college in TX for a year - TOO HOT!!!
To answer your question - I don't know about going out with no wet head girl. I leave that for the summer. But you can wash at night and dry over night - because you WILL get sick the other way.
Sidenote - I have seen "becky" doing this in the winter. I dont know how they do it. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

JJ

Too funny. I guess I'll have to either keep the weave in or go to braids. I really don't want to do the braids though because, I want to have some versatility. Thanks for the response.

Back