Nubian Heritage @Walgreens

Kay.Dee

I was browsing in Walgreens and I saw this line. I bought one of the custards that was recommended for relaxed hair, wanted more but am trying to control myself. Has anyone tried these?

Attachments

• image-3103213962.jpg
    image-3103213962.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 189
  • image-349687698.jpg
    image-349687698.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 173
  • image-2268035974.jpg
    image-2268035974.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 155
I looked into these when someone made the thread about it being the same as Shea Moisture. I don't like that they're more expensive so I'll just stick to the other line. The Shea Moisture bottles seem to be slightly larger as well (judging from the pic).

I bought the custard this week, just haven't gotten round to using it yet. I was miffed at the higher prices can't lie. It's not as if the ingredients are so damned superior, they can be cheaper.

If you haven't bought anything yet wait until Sunday. They are buy 1 get 1 50% off. We have been discussing this in a new thread. We are wondering if they are bringing in Nubian Heritage and phasing out Shea Moisture. Time will tell.

Walgreen is pushing Nubian Heritage nationwide as far as I can tell starting tomorrow.

If you haven't bought anything yet wait until Sunday. They are buy 1 get 1 50% off. We have been discussing this in a new thread. We are wondering if they are bringing in Nubian Heritage and phasing out Shea Moisture. Time will tell.

Walgreen is pushing Nubian Heritage nationwide as far as I can tell starting tomorrow.

faithVA: My Walmart just started carrying Shea Moisture, so I'm thinking they're not phasing it out. But it seems weird for the company to do both.

Thanks for the heads up faithVA. Mmmm I will have to give Walgreens a visit... ya know, to browse. :lol:

WHATEVER YOU DO, STAY AWAY FROM THE SHAMPOOS!!!

I love their body soaps (they smell incredible). But I tried one of the shampoos, and it turned my hair to absolute straw! It took a little while to recover from that setback.

ETA: This one:

41999247-260x260-0-0_Heritage+Shampoo+Coconut+Papaya+8+Oz+Nubian+Herita.jpg

I mean, this is the WORST shampoo I have ever used. I was worried my hair would never recover! Sahara dry, rough, brittle. It took many DCs and a few weeks to get my hair back in some kind of reasonable condition.

Last edited:
I admit, I did buy the EVOO & Moringa Repair & Extend Hair Butter. I side eyed the price and the fact that it has shea butter as the second ingredient (my hair doesn't like SB much), but I don't buy many products so thought I'd give it a try.

I like the buttery and smooth texture and it makes a great end sealer. For a product that's mostly shea butter, I was pleasantly surprised.

Everything else at my location was picked over and sold out.

So wait... theyre completely phasing out Shea Moisture? Are they still going to have the same products??? will they just go by different names?? Shea Moisture is one of my stapes and I'm not up for them changing things in it. Why is everybody been changing things lately? Ingredients, name changes, ect.

i think they charge such high prices cause they use words like prepoo, and use shea butters and oils Im Not Buying it i feel like they know what kind of suff we like and are trying to capitalize by robbing us charging ridiculous prices for mediocre products. im actually insulted:nono:

So wait... theyre completely phasing out Shea Moisture? Are they still going to have the same products??? will they just go by different names?? Shea Moisture is one of my stapes and I'm not up for them changing things in it. Why is everybody been changing things lately? Ingredients, name changes, ect.

I figured they are not phasing out Shea Moisture, but I can no longer find their Shea Moisture Facebook page. I posted the question on Nubian Heritage page - let's see what they say. :ohwell:

Thanks! I tried to so a search on FB, but came up short. :lol:

Nubian Heritage deleted my post/question. :perplexed

Whoa! That's weird...

Maybe they want to make a big announcement.

It's also weird that their website is down (for e-commerce). Maybe they're switching to the Nubian brand and will make it a in-store only product.

It's strange, they either moved or deleted it, but they did answer my question. I got a response via my smartphone.

"Nubian Heritage commented on Nubian Heritage's Wall post: Hi ****, Although the brands are from the same parent company, they have nothing to do with one another, and one coming out and being successful has no on impact on the other. The SheaMoisture brand is award-winning (Allure, Esquire and Natural Health have all awarded the brand) and incredibly popular, and will be soon be launching in another large retail chain (details to come soon). "

Nubian heritage soaps are the bomb. They can be used head to toe, and I prescribe them for my clients regularly. I've not tried their bodywashes though. Coconut & Papya is my favorite.

I call bullsh*t

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...71183836.62245.108628512522126&type=3&theater

THIS MAN used to own, or the very least manage the Nubian Heritage store on Jamaica Ave in Queens.

My fiance used to patronize the store until his prices went sky high.

I showed him this picture before and he was the one that said he knew the dude.

See I knew it! I knew somehow that Shea Moisture was owned by Nubian Heritage. I think that the reason why they separated the company (this is MY opinion) is because they want to appeal to everyone so they're marketing this as a non-minority owned business.

I love Nubian Heritage's lotions.

What's the problem with having multiple lines? I don't get it. Many companies have multiple lines with different names, different packaging, diferent prices. It's just business.

Back