Nubian Heritage @Walgreens

I think she meant Walgreen but you can double check. I haven't seen these products in Walmart.

faithVA aahhh okay. that makes sense. thank you! it would make my day if walmart started carrying shea moisture products. i like being able to buy everything from one store

The same company owns/created both lines. I love Nubian Heritage body products. The Shea Moisture line was created for mass retail ie Target and is now branching off to other major retailers. Nubian Heritage had a store in NYC and used to be sold by street vendors for years up down the east coast. That's how i first discovered this line....in Harlem from a vendor on 125th Street circa yr 2000.

I now purchase my Nubian Heritage prods from a my local oil fragrance shop because they are cheaper and still packaged in the larger bottles that used to be sold by the street vendors. Nubian Heritage body products are now sold in Whole Foods but in a smaller bottle and increased price.

Eh..it's business...they are now going after that mass market cash. I'm not mad at them. I just shop around for the best deal.

i remember seeing this somewhere and i thought it was a knockoff sheamoisture b/c the packaging was so similar, but i didnt pay attention to the prices. i would probably purchase something from this line if i caught it on sale, because i like SheaMoisture products.

alive said:
faithVA aahhh okay. that makes sense. thank you! it would make my day if walmart started carrying shea moisture products. i like being able to buy everything from one store

alive & faithVA: no I really meant Walmart. Just saw them this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My Walmart didn't have any of the products. They really didn't have any natural type stuff. Went to Walgreen and I was disappointed that they were only carry 4 products from the Nubian line. I bought both of the heat protectants to try out later. The Moringa stuff I left on the shelf because they both had wax in them :nono:

So I guess when I decide to I will go to Target and try out some of the Nubian Heritage conditioners. I really want to try them.

I JUST came from Walgreens and had an opportunity to look at the ingredients list for Nubian Heratige and Shea Moisture...and I think they're different. For one, SM has emulsyfing wax in most of its conditoners and the one I saw from NH doesn't. Also, SM was way to fragranced for me and NH isn't. All in all, despite the obvious price point differences, I would purchase NH and have not purchased anything from SM because of the above reasons. And while most of the NH items were on the shelves, the DC or leave-in wasn't.

Got some Nubian Heritage. I got the EVOO and Moringa Repair and Extend Hair Butter and the Honey and Black Seed Heat Protect Keratin Spray.

I hope its BOGO soon.:lick:

I JUST came from Walgreens and had an opportunity to look at the ingredients list for Nubian Heratige and Shea Moisture...and I think they're different. For one, SM has emulsyfing wax in most of its conditoners and the one I saw from NH doesn't. Also, SM was way to fragranced for me and NH isn't. All in all, despite the obvious price point differences, I would purchase NH and have not purchased anything from SM because of the above reasons. And while most of the NH items were on the shelves, the DC or leave-in wasn't.

That's funny. I didn't buy the Nubian products in my Walgreen because they both had wax. And I bought the SM Smoothie instead. Too bad they didn't put consistent products in all of the stores. I wanted to try the Nubian conditioner.

My Walmart didn't have any of the products. They really didn't have any natural type stuff. Went to Walgreen and I was disappointed that they were only carry 4 products from the Nubian line. I bought both of the heat protectants to try out later. The Moringa stuff I left on the shelf because they both had wax in them :nono:

So I guess when I decide to I will go to Target and try out some of the Nubian Heritage conditioners. I really want to try them.

Too bad on your Walmart not carrying them. I'm really surprised mine had it, because they've never carried anything natural and my Target just barely started carrying it.

What's wrong with wax? Build-up?

Too bad on your Walmart not carrying them. I'm really surprised mine had it, because they've never carried anything natural and my Target just barely started carrying it.

What's wrong with wax? Build-up?

My target looks like they have the entire Nubian line. I not really disappointed about Walmart not having them. I rarely go to Walmart unless I absolutely have to. Just went tonight because I wanted the custom Dr. Scholl inserts :ohwell:

My hair is low porosity and wax just blocks the moisture and causes my hair to dry out majorly.

They definitely use the same lab in Amityville, but I knew this hell six years ago. They'd always used that lab from what I gathered.

Remember, sometimes things happen with companies where they go bankrupt, and they resurface with a new name, or they may put an old company in someone else's name for said reasons.

No idea what theirs is but if they say they aren't connected I need some boots to wade through it.

natura87 said:
Got some Nubian Heritage. I got the EVOO and Moringa Repair and Extend Hair Butter and the Honey and Black Seed Heat Protect Keratin Spray.

I hope its BOGO soon.:lick:

Any reviews yet?

I thought Walgreen sales only run from Sunday to Sunday...

Yes, they run from Sunday to Saturday.

Kurlee, I don't think the BOGO is still going on. You would have to check with the Walgreen. I didn't see much in last weeks paper. If you wait about 2 months they usually have something.

I have a few products from the line but I just started to use the EVOO & Moringa Hair Butter and I like it a lot

Back