Now I'm natural my hair seems thinner

letitgrow0702

I went to the salon on Thur and got my hair blown out and flat ironed. I haven't had this done since doing the BC in September. I was expecting my hair to be thicker but it isn't. It seems as if It was much thicker when I had a perm. I am not sure if it is because it is shorter or that I now have layers due to the uneven hair growth. Has anyone else experienced this?

My hair is thicker now. But it's possible you were not relaxed bone straight in the past and the person who was flat ironing got your hair that straight, so it just seems thinner than when you were relaxed.

This is interesting. I had the same issue as a natural. I'm relaxed now (once again). I'm going to be watching this post

My hair is thicker now. But it's possible you were not relaxed bone straight in the past and the person who was flat ironing got your hair that straight, so it just seems thinner than when you were relaxed.

This does make sense. I have never had my hair this straight before. I also used Sabino Moist block for the first time. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I'm just confused. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Yeah that's an interesting topic. I've always had thick hair relaxed and natural. Maybe you should try some products that promote hair thickness. I have Biotin thickening conditioner.

Is your hair just thinner or fine? I have pretty fine hair. The only time my hair looks thicker is if its cut in a certain style or my hair is kinky natural. Otherwise my hair appears rather thin(natural straighten or relaxed).

Your hair was probably just bone straight.
I have experienced this when my hair is straightened.
If you want big bouncy hair just pop in some rollers after you get it straightened.

If you BCed in the past year it's going to take a while for your layers to grow out.. My hair is in such an in between state right now that I am ready to hide it for another 6 months. It takes a long while for that crown to grow back out again. I won't be comfortable with my hair until I can make a ponytail again. I know that if I got my hair stick straight right now it would not look right at all....

That may be what you are experiencing.

I agree with the other ladies that it could be a combination of (1) the layers, and (2) the fact that your stylist flat ironed it really straight and you may not have been relaxed bone straight.

For me, it is quite the opposite. I am about 75% natural (2-3 inches of relaxed ends in the back and maybe 5-6 inches on the sides) and for the fact that my natural hair is soooo much thicker than the relaxed portion, I refuse to get my hair flat ironed straight. I like to get it curled with the flat iron so as to hid how frail the relaxed ends look against my natural hair. (although my hair is trimmed the same length all the way around, if someone saw the contrast, they would probably say "she needs to cut those dead ends off!":grin::grin::grin:

BB

Maybe your hair is just naturally thin, how it your hair when it's in it's natural state? I would had some curls so it can appear thicker.

Back