NOW I KNOW [BC PICS]

djanae

Now I know why everyone has a smile plastered on their face after they BC. lol
I can vouch that it really is freeing.

I transitioned for 11 months, and thought I would transition for a lot longer - but I got sooo tired of my relaxed hair. I wanted to be able to just wash my hair, apply product and go!

I got my hair cut today at Hair Rules Salon by A. Dickey and I had so much fun. By the time he started cutting my hair, I wasn't really nervous anymore. I was already in my natural state of mind if that makes sense.
Needless to say, I was thrilled by the time it was all over.

I'm not going to make this long, I just wanted to thank all the LHCF ladies for all the great advice, threads and encouragement.

If I hadn't come across lhcf a year ago, who knows what my hair would look like now.

One things for sure, I'm so glad I made the decision to BC.

I'm going to do a blow by blow of the results and my salon experience at my blog, but I wanted to post here FIRST.

But enough talking, here's some pics

Before the BC straightened (sorry I don't have any natural pics other than my siggy. I hated wearing it out, even when I tried different styles b/c the ends never looked right to me)

SDC11024.jpg

Today! After the chop

SDC11168.jpg

SDC11160.jpg

SDC11173.jpg

SDC11180.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, now that is gorgeous! That is a lot of hair for a year. Thanks for sharing your progress!

This looks great. What did you do to it that it looks all curly?

Thanks ladies!

But as for the process, he used all Hair Rules products. The cream cleanser, the quench deep conditioner, and (after the Curly Whip) the finishing cream.

I honestly think I have a cheaper alternative to everything he used, but I did buy the Curly Whip leave-in/ curl definer. I love it, it smells great and it gives me hold without the hardness of gel (I've tried nearly every gel).

I just sat under the dryer when my hair was full of Curly Whip, and then they fluffed it out with a blow dryer. I know I can definitely do it at home.

Thanks ladies!

But as for the process, he used all Hair Rules products. The cream cleanser, the quench deep conditioner, and (after the Curly Whip) the finishing cream.

I honestly think I have a cheaper alternative to everything he used, but I did buy the Curly Whip leave-in/ curl definer. I love it, it smells great and it gives me hold without the hardness of gel (I've tried nearly every gel).

I just sat under the dryer when my hair was full of Curly Whip, and then they fluffed it out with a blow dryer. I know I can definitely do it at home.

Humm Im still trying to get a wash and go look. Gonna try the home made curly pudding next.

I love it, I love it, I love it! Girl, I am smiling and giggly for you. Love it and enjoy it. Congratulations. You ladies give me so much hope. Love it!!

Back