NOW I KNOW [BC PICS]

Beautiful curls!
Congratulations on your BC! You are so lucky to have the person cutting your hair be A. Dickey! Did you guys talk about hair types and all that jazz?

omg! your hair is beautiful! and that is a lot of growth for 11 months! got a secret? :look: i know how you feel. it is so freeing to be able to wash your hair. my scalp had never felt so good before i went natural :lol: i'm so ready to have that feeling back when i fully transition.

Thanks so much for all the kind words ladies!

This whole experience has taught me that relaxers just weren't for me.
I really didn't even know my own curls were lurking around in there, just several months ago.

The relaxers were literally killing my curl. I knew that going natural would bring my natural kink/curl/whatever out, but my natural hair is actually still surprising me.

The whole process has really been a huge learning experience for me.

Beautiful curls!
Congratulations on your BC! You are so lucky to have the person cutting your hair be A. Dickey! Did you guys talk about hair types and all that jazz?

We talked about my hair - he talked me through everything that was happening....I think he could tell that I knew the huge do's and dont's already (thanks to lhcf). He mainly seemed excited himself to be doing a big chop. Everyone in the salon is a huge advocate of women embracing their natural texture, and he was very down-to-earth.

I asked him about his experience styling Michelle Obama (I couldn't resist - I wanted to ask him about Kelis too, but didn't get around to it lol) and we even started talking about health care and Obama...

I also read through his book Hair Rules when I was there.

Trust me, I soaked it ALL up, because this was a special treat, not to be experienced often. I wanted to do my Big Chop...big lol

ETA: No, we didn't talk about hair types at all actually... We talked mostly about maintenance

Last edited:
Looking good DJ! Wonderful is not the word for finally having healthy, growing all natural hair...I love mine, can put my twists back into a ponytail now with only a few front stragglers:antlers: hanging out.

Back