NOTHING IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!

NewYorkgyrl

for my co-washes. I have not been able to find any conditioners that give me enough slip (so it is still hard to come out my hair in the shower). I am 7 weeks post relaxer tryin to stretch to 16.

I have been doing the baggie challenge and I wash my hair every night. I first use cream of nature (the bottle with green and white). I use a little shampoo first because all of the oil makes my hair sooooooooooo greasy.
Is it a bad idea to just use the cream of nature and nothing else?

The conditioners that I have been using after a very brief shampoo are:
10-en 1 rinse (does NOTHING for my hair)
-nacidit avocado (somewhat of slip)
-neutrogena triiple moisture
-biolage ultra hydrating balm
-suave humectant conditioner
-motions salon herbals fortifying conditioner
-kenra moisturizing conditioner (only works well when my hair is TOTALLY DRY not if my hair is just coming out of my baggie)

NONE OF THESE WORK! I was thinking maybe I need to clarify everyday due to the oils but I don't know....

Can you ladies PLEASE (i beg you) give me some advise on what to do or recomend some conditoners with lots of slip (even on my greasy hair from the oils in the baggie) for my co-wash. Thanks in advance.

Forget all the fancy smanshy conditioners. Try VO5 or Suave conditioners. I absolutely love Herbal Essences Citrus Lift but I hear there are "things" in there that folks are wary of (cones, parabens or something I don't know). However, I'm a natural 4a/b and my hair loves it. Although not $0.99, it does work well. But before then the VO5 co's worked well too. HTH.

Well, I don't know if this stuff works for EVERYBODY, but have you tried Lekair Cholesterol conditioner (green stuff in a plastic container)?

I know I used that on my hair and newgrowth for my CO wash about a week ago, and it did WONDERS for my hair and NG! Not only that, but do you have those shower combs? I know I didn't really start to get good results from CO washes until I started using a REAL shampoo comb that I bought from the beauty center store. It really gets down to the new growth area without tangling it.

It's always good to go easy though when combing your hair wet. I just go slow and try to stay patient and usually that works very well. I have very little to no breakage whatsoever in the shower.

I hope that helps! Some other conditioners I may use for my CO wash are:
-Suave Humectant conditioner (It's pretty good, but doesnt' give as much "slip" as the Lekair Cholesterol conditioner)

I agree with SNyeema. Forget those expensive conditioners when you're doing your CO washes. Not only are they expensive (duh! lol), but I also find they don't do as well as some of the cheaper brands. Not that all cheap brands are "great", but if you find one that is good for your hair, I say go for it! The Lekair Cholesterol Conditioner lasts a long time and isn't going to break your wallet. lol* I was surprised that a 3 dollar conditioner could do so well!!

Some conditioners were meant for AFTER your shampoo, and others were meant for CO washes! ;) My Nexxus Humectress conditioner for example is GREAT for AFTER my shampoos or CO washes. But as far as using it to actually do a CO wash...it doesn't do much for me. Plus, it's too expensive for me to be using that 2x/week for a CO wash. :nono:

Last edited:
NewYorkgyrl said:
I was about to start a thread asking this b/c when i shampoo with CON my hair has soooooo much slip. But then, after I use a conditioner, the slip is not as good as b4. I was thinking of doing pre-poos and then using the CON and nothing else & wash once a week.

What do you ladies think?

secretdiamond said:
I was about to start a thread asking this b/c when i shampoo with CON my hair has soooooo much slip. But then, after I use a conditioner, the slip is not as good as b4.

This is EXACLTY what happens to me! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. That's why I feel as though maybe I should find a better conditioner to use after CON or just stick to jsut the CON by itself

I thing Pantene Smooth and Sleek works well
NewYorkgyrl said:
for my co-washes. I have not been able to find any conditioners that give me enough slip (so it is still hard to come out my hair in the shower). I am 7 weeks post relaxer tryin to stretch to 16.

I have been doing the baggie challenge and I wash my hair every night. I first use cream of nature (the bottle with green and white). I use a little shampoo first because all of the oil makes my hair sooooooooooo greasy.

The conditioners that I have been using after a very brief shampoo are:
10-en 1 rinse (does NOTHING for my hair)
-nacidit avocado (somewhat of slip)
-neutrogena triiple moisture
-biolage ultra hydrating balm
-suave humectant conditioner
-motions salon herbals fortifying conditioner
-kenra moisturizing conditioner (only works well when my hair is TOTALLY DRY not if my hair is just coming out of my baggie)

NONE OF THESE WORK! I was thinking maybe I need to clarify everyday due to the oils but I don't know....

Can you ladies PLEASE (i beg you) give me some advise on what to do or recomend some conditoners with lots of slip (even on my greasy hair from the oils in the baggie) for my co-wash. Thanks in advance.

After I wash with CON, I condition with one of these:

Pantene Instense Hair Mask

OR

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair Masque (NOT daily deep conditioner)

OR

LeKair Cholesterol (original- yellow)

These give me great slip and my hair doesn't even feel like I used shampoo.

HTH!!! :)

I think that you should use cheap conditioners too. I use Salon Care Moisturizing (from Sally's).

HI NYG

This may be counterintuitive, but when was the last time you clarified? You may have a bulidup of stuff that CoN can't remove. Try clarifying and then deep conditioning. It should help.

Aileen

NewYorkgyrl said:
secretdiamond said:
I was about to start a thread asking this b/c when i shampoo with CON my hair has soooooo much slip. But then, after I use a conditioner, the slip is not as good as b4.

This is EXACLTY what happens to me! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. That's why I feel as though maybe I should find a better conditioner to use after CON or just stick to jsut the CON by itself

Yeah maybe we're doing something wrong. But I've tried everything.

to aileendq: I did an acv rinse 2 weeks ago and .....

to cupcake: NTM Mask is the only conditoner/deep conditioner I use and it still happened.

aileendq said:
HI NYG

This may be counterintuitive, but when was the last time you clarified? You may have a bulidup of stuff that CoN can't remove. Try clarifying and then deep conditioning. It should help.

Aileen

Just wondering...what's a GOOD clarifying shampoo?? I don't think I've ever used one on my hair in years since the last time I used it, my hair felt sooo dry. :-/ Any recommendations of some GOOD clarifying shampoos?

ALL conditoners make my hair feel hard. All I use is CON ultra moisturizing. Even if I do a deep condition, I follow it with my CON ultra moisturizing. I do like the Lustrasilk conditioners the best. Those are the closest to CON for giving me the softness I want.

I agree the cheap conditioners work best for co washes DDTA is my favorite co wash conditioner provides great slip.
VO5 Strawberries & Cream and Suave Milk & Honey are great too.

try clarifying. CON leaves a lot of build up. I take my CON and dilute with water and wash my hair with that and then condition. If you want it to get your hair cleaner, just mix some cheapo shampoo or clarifying with CON and add water.

i m 4b natural and i use the vo5 free me freesia or apple one for clarifying cond followed by lekair cholesterol the peach one for deep cond and creme and nature poo the green label yeah i agree VO5 rocks!!!! Suave humectant poo and cond made my natural hair dry!! i stick to vo5

Where can I find the Daily Defense Tender Apple (is that what the DDTA atands for?) I went to right aid and cvs and could not find it. Can some one post a picture?

I'm the exact same way. I'm even on the 32 day no poo anti breakage....and not my hair seems to be breaking more! I can't find a good conditioner...or a good moisturizer. Nothing is working. Now I'm trying to transitions, and, yeah. My hair is just not happy. Even the cheapies don't work for me for co washes, like vo5.

I am like 28 to 30 weeks post and I find that Suave Waterfall Mist conditioner gives me good slip.

ETA: Name of conditioner is Suave Waterfall Mist not Water Lily!

Last edited:
I agree with the posters who say try the cheaper conditioners. Suave has a great line for cowashes. The Aussie Dual personality root cleaner/tip mender is also great.

LABETT said:
I agree the cheap conditioners work best for co washes DDTA is my favorite co wash conditioner provides great slip.
VO5 Strawberries & Cream and Suave Milk & Honey are great too.

I second the use of Daily Defense. I CW daily with it while I am using the baggie method. I use VO5 (Strawberries and Cream and Blueberry and Cream) too but I absolutely favor Daily Defense (I don't use Tender Apple, but it is still good). My hair is extremely thick and coarse and Daily Defense makes stretching a whole lot easier. I use it in the shower with a shower comb (a thick hair girl's best friend) ;) .

NewYorkgyrl said:
Where can I find the Daily Defense Tender Apple (is that what the DDTA atands for?) I went to right aid and cvs and could not find it. Can some one post a picture?

I find mine at Big Lots and Family Dollar Store

Back